the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

POLL: Continue or scrap the Crestwin Bomber stadium project?

+18
Mantha
Triniman
freepressreader
wpg_idiot
AGEsAces
umcrouc0
LivingDead
holly golightly
Outsider
Northlands
death128
Electrician
rosencrentz
Jondo
Bartron
EdWin
grumpy old man
Deank
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Continue or scrap the Crestwin Bomber stadium project?

POLL: Continue or scrap the Crestwin Bomber stadium project? - Page 25 Vote_lcap15%POLL: Continue or scrap the Crestwin Bomber stadium project? - Page 25 Vote_rcap 15% [ 4 ]
POLL: Continue or scrap the Crestwin Bomber stadium project? - Page 25 Vote_lcap65%POLL: Continue or scrap the Crestwin Bomber stadium project? - Page 25 Vote_rcap 65% [ 17 ]
POLL: Continue or scrap the Crestwin Bomber stadium project? - Page 25 Vote_lcap19%POLL: Continue or scrap the Crestwin Bomber stadium project? - Page 25 Vote_rcap 19% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 26

Go down  Message [Page 25 of 27]

Deank

contributor eminence
contributor eminence

JTF wrote:I think hell will be paid if they annoint AS KER to the board...that would be the kiss of death I reckon...

sooooo many people hate the fu ucken guy that it's crazy to think he should be given any honour at all.

He's a douche. plain and simple.

Doubtful, very doubtful/

No one "in power" seems to give a damn

Anonymous

Oh I bet they're listening really well to this.

Just look at the feelers they've just been putting out with the thank AS Ker campaign. They're looking for the public response I reckon.

If the Bomber Board wants a fight, I'm sure somebody will strp up to take them on. For sure it'll show up in attendance.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

time for a new provincial party

the "lets remove the bomber board" party

Anonymous

I'm in.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

JTF wrote:For sure it'll show up in attendance.
I don't think so. Bomber fans are an interesting breed. This will not deter them...

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

might even get more people to buy seats closer to the board seats just so they can spit on the a$$hole

Triniman

Triniman
general-contributor
general-contributor

Deank wrote:time for a new provincial party

the "lets remove the bomber board" party

Might not be as popular as the "Bombers and Beer" party, particularly if they reinstate beer snakes and lax the consumption rules.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

well first thing the party does is appoint the beer snake (or in other words fan fun) as priority number 1.

JT Estoban

JT Estoban
major-contributor
major-contributor

can we call the party the "lets remove the bomber board party-no Aspers allowed" instead?

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

no no.. he will be allowed to donate to the party.

JT Estoban

JT Estoban
major-contributor
major-contributor

so...what your saying is your ok with the party getting taxpayers money in the form of donations...or bridge financing for the donations? Wink

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

I am indeed in favour of the party getting donations from any taxpayer who willingly wants to donate. I am however not in favour of those donations getting a tax credit.

Anonymous

Given the option...I wouldn't live in the city either.

I'd find a nice remote place OUTSIDE the reach of the extra taxes and abuse.

Ages, this is a very serious and real problem. I tried to address this in my campaign. In my opinion getting the City to a healthy state would draw these people back. Fundamentally, it is the easiest, most economical and most important thing to do.

But liike you, i would consider moving out of Winnipeg, as a matter of fact, I'm looking for property to use for another purpose but I may change the scope to include a residence.

Anonymous

Pavolo, Leo beat Asper to the punch 4 years prior. 2004 was when the Bomber board talked with leo. that was 2 years before they declared the current stadium state of the Art.

I suspect they live in the same world you do. A world where facts are dismissed and ignored.

Now I am the first to say leo would not have been able to build this , but he was upfront with it. Asper, is the same, he couldn't afford to build it and he was called on it several times by myself .

not being able to stay on topic and continuing to deflect ends up costing alot of money and , worse, alot of people start to dislike the place they live. This means, they leave. Which also means, more of your tax dollars are burnt to try and attract people to the "Center of it All "

I don't like using the word "hate" but when people from out of town ask me, its about the first word that comes to mind. This from a guy who actually picked Winnipeg over Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver. Not good buddy.

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

So you uys want to move outside of Wpg to save taxes, and The Aspers have insisted on living and doing business in Winnipeg over all these years?
Wow, you guys are cheapscate, turncoats, and Livio, I am not sure that I will come over for a cup of coffee to celebrate your fireplace burning my wood in your garage?
Do you have a carbon monoxide tester? lol

G.O.M., can you lock this thread? It has become another hate the As kers thread.
Never mind, I changed my mind.
I forgot this is wintertime in complainerville in Winnipeg.
Any one who tries to accomplish anything in this City gets hammered by the idle! lol
($100,000,000 in donations made by the Asper Foundation over the years) la , la, la!!

http://www.elansofas.com

Anonymous

Livio Ciaralli wrote:Given the option...I wouldn't live in the city either.

I'd find a nice remote place OUTSIDE the reach of the extra taxes and abuse.

Have I got the ideal place for you....how far out will you go?

http://www.ajijic.com/

Anonymous

Funny you mention that JTF, my wife and i are going for 6 weeks

Anonymous

Nott hat i am cheap, just don't feel like paying for bad choices made by incompetents.

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

The idea of living 40 Km outside of Wpg and working inside Winnipeg is pretty funny, because I think that most of your savings would go for gasoline to get into the City?
And the new charges that one councillor wanted to charge for entering Wpg, will come to pass as Mayor Katz runs down all the things that can be charged before the "no more taxes" thingy runs out!

http://www.elansofas.com

Anonymous

Don't have to go 40 Km's Rosie , but if I did that , I wouldn't have to come back into town to work, I'd just change.

EdWin

EdWin
major-contributor
major-contributor

Livio Ciaralli wrote:Don't have to go 40 Km's Rosie , but if I did that , I wouldn't have to come back into town to work, I'd just change.

If you hate Wpg so much, then why in God's name did you run for council? To me, there is no logic in that move.

Triniman

Triniman
general-contributor
general-contributor

To try to make things better, maybe?

Anonymous

EdWin as Trini says , to try and make a change for the better. But you'd have known that if you took a second to read a little.
But for me, seeing that what I proposed had very little effect I see less and less reason to live a life under an umbrella of ignorance and insult. I mean I could ignore whats going on and live a blissful life clapping my hands and waving pompoms, but my nature doesn't allow that.

Anonymous

TIme for a new Provincial Party you say ?

Ok where do we start. Form a shadow cabinet and adress every single issue we dislike. Each meber of the sandbvox can choose his portfolio , research it and find a way it works with other departments while at the same time making the said portfolio work .

10 Billion is the Budget - 6.5 Billion from local taxes - 3.5 Billion in transfer payments.

I elect myself as the Municipal Infrastructure guy. I need 750 million ( thats almost double what the province gives out with strings ) off the top to dole out to every City and town in this Province so they can get on with the job of fixing their burbs.

SAome seriious decisions have to be made. Like, do we keep buildings road to service remote towns which really, don't serve anyone but those that choose to live there. Other issues, building a university ( 80 million )in a town that is basically a mining town but was allowed to become a City and is now dying off.

Lots of debate if you want to start a new party and lots of tough choices. I figure if we get into it we'll get an iunderstanding of why things go the way they go. Its a pretty messed up province in relation to size and population.

Electrician

Electrician
general-contributor
general-contributor

There is a more dangerous step forward...
As soon as local businesses find out relocation is a benefit for them, too.
Then, the party will commence...

http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1416203996

Anonymous

From today's Sun...

Enough already!
Re: ‘Jacking up the price,’ Dec. 22.

Much has been said about the stadium financing. Many are having trouble with the arrangement arrived at as the “final” deal.

The best thing so far is the deal is more upfront about who is eventually going to pay for it. It is going to be the fans who go to the games and the rest of the taxpayers who do not go to games.

Some are still of the mind this should be done by the “private” sector. I say it is time these people woke up and faced the facts. There is no private money, there never was, and there never will be.

When Asper presented his plan as a private project, he was not stating the reality of the project. His plan was to be given everything: the team, the stadium and the Polo Park site.

Yes, he was putting forward some private financing, but the amount was so minute and contingent on so many other taxpayer-funded commitments that it could hardly qualify as significant private investment.

The real question is: does it make sense for a city like Winnipeg to have a football team and would such a team be of any benefit to taxpayers?

If the answer is yes, and if it appears that the club, as a club, can never make any money, why would you suppose that “private” investors would want to be part of it? To lose money? No! It is because they count on the taxpayers to foot the bill for any losses.

So let us at least be honest about it: let the taxpayers foot the bill and let the “private investors” stay out of it. To those people who are having difficulty with this I say: enough already!

Giovanni Versace

There is little to love about this stinker of a stadium deal.

Your Comments

Re: Mr.Versace's comment:
I agree that the "stadium deal" stinks.

It did from the beginning, what with the mis-information that was being put out about the state of our present facility. This mis-information is still being put forth by Selinger in the present debate.

The only positive aspect in this "deal" that I can see, is that it has exposed an obvious chasm in our society regarding "needs" and where money should be spent.

Also, it has given the taxpayer a peek at the secret societies that still seem to exist in this city, and has drawn attention to a lot of questionable practices by way too many individuals.

If I was King, a lot of people would be headless.

Alejandro Le Monjello, December 24th 2010, 9:05am

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 25 of 27]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum