the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

POLL: Continue or scrap the Crestwin Bomber stadium project?

+18
Mantha
Triniman
freepressreader
wpg_idiot
AGEsAces
umcrouc0
LivingDead
holly golightly
Outsider
Northlands
death128
Electrician
rosencrentz
Jondo
Bartron
EdWin
grumpy old man
Deank
22 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next

Continue or scrap the Crestwin Bomber stadium project?

POLL: Continue or scrap the Crestwin Bomber stadium project? Vote_lcap15%POLL: Continue or scrap the Crestwin Bomber stadium project? Vote_rcap 15% [ 4 ]
POLL: Continue or scrap the Crestwin Bomber stadium project? Vote_lcap65%POLL: Continue or scrap the Crestwin Bomber stadium project? Vote_rcap 65% [ 17 ]
POLL: Continue or scrap the Crestwin Bomber stadium project? Vote_lcap19%POLL: Continue or scrap the Crestwin Bomber stadium project? Vote_rcap 19% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 26

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 27]

1POLL: Continue or scrap the Crestwin Bomber stadium project? Empty bye bye new stadium? Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:22 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/local/neighbours-fear-stadium-will-draw-rowdy-crowd-96204109.html

"Residents near the University of Manitoba who fear drunken behaviour and chaotic traffic are petitioning city hall to reject Winnipeg's new football stadium."

Anonymous

Isn't it about time that this deal, all aspects of it, are thoroughly appraised?

NOTHING about this entire deal passes the smell test. Nothing.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

It seems that no matter where they'd build such a facility people will complain. That location though... Seems to be the very best spot, within a relatively isolated area that already deals with significant traffic patterns daily.

We need to try, just once, to deal with the thread topic at hand, and leave the Asper et al politicizing devotees for the many, many threads dedicated to that.

Anonymous

Heh heh heh...you want to seperate Asker from the stadium deal? Ahhhh...can't do that eh, as it's his deal.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Who are these people? Do they even know where the stadium is being built? Where will people be parking in such numbers that require yards to be cut through? And do please to remember we are talking about a MAXIMUM of twelve days out of 365. The peeps "inconvenienced" will be inconvenienced less than 1% of their time the entire year.

Neighbours near the U of M, especially in Fort Richmond south of the stadium site, say they fear game-day traffic jams and a parking crunch will bleed into their residential streets, clogging narrow blocks and hampering access to their homes.

They fear football fans will cut through yards to get to the stadium more quickly, and homeowners will have to deal with rowdy, rude hooligans before and after the games.

Last edited by grumpy old man on Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

JTF wrote:Heh heh heh...you want to seperate Asker from the stadium deal? Ahhhh...can't do that eh, as it's his deal.
What? You are NOT that dense are you?

The issue is the location of the stadium. Not the deal. Stick to the topic. If you want I'll create a thread for you to bleat your heart out on the deal.

Anonymous

So, you don't think parking will be a major problem in the surrounding neighbourhood?

Perhaps check with the folks that live around Polo Park...and it'll be much worse if it's built at the University site.

Anonymous

Why do you have your head so far up Asker's ass?

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

JTF wrote:Why do you have your head so far up Asker's ass?
Why are you such a hateful ass? But whatever, that is typical of your angry inability to conversate in a civil manner.

Last edited by grumpy old man on Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:53 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added to my rant...)

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

JTF wrote:So, you don't think parking will be a major problem in the surrounding neighbourhood?

Perhaps check with the folks that live around Polo Park...and it'll be much worse if it's built at the University site.
I can see how you'd compare the Polo Park location to the U of M location. When it comes to your hate for the Aspers thinking and logic are not your strong suits.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Here is a drawing that shows the parking available within the U of M campus.

POLL: Continue or scrap the Crestwin Bomber stadium project? Parking

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Here is a Google map overview to the area. Where I struggle with the notion that people will be affected by parking malcontents is the vastness of the campus and where people would have to park to avoid parking on the campus...

View Larger Map

I'm not saying there won't be some problems but to the scale you'd see them today around Polo Park simply won't happen IMO.

EdWin

EdWin
major-contributor
major-contributor

POLL: Continue or scrap the Crestwin Bomber stadium project? 306762 UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"WAAAAAHHHHHHHH, too much traffic!"
"WAAAAAHHHHHHHH, too much noise!"
"WAAAAAHHHHHHHH, too many lights!"
"WAAAAAHHHHHHHH, too many people!"
"WAAAAAHHHHHHHH, my poodle will be affected!"
"WAAAAAHHHHHHHH, my children will be negatively influenced!"
WWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
POLL: Continue or scrap the Crestwin Bomber stadium project? Icon_rolleyes POLL: Continue or scrap the Crestwin Bomber stadium project? Icon_rolleyes POLL: Continue or scrap the Crestwin Bomber stadium project? Icon_rolleyes POLL: Continue or scrap the Crestwin Bomber stadium project? Icon_rolleyes POLL: Continue or scrap the Crestwin Bomber stadium project? Icon_rolleyes POLL: Continue or scrap the Crestwin Bomber stadium project? Icon_rolleyes POLL: Continue or scrap the Crestwin Bomber stadium project? Icon_rolleyes POLL: Continue or scrap the Crestwin Bomber stadium project? Icon_rolleyes
Do the babies want their bottle???
Sorry but I have no sympathy for these losers for several reasons:
1. They live by the U of M, with a population of what 50,000? That should have prevented them from moving close to this area in the first place: NOW they choose to b1tch and complain? frick off!
2. That area is growing quickly; isn't it one of if not THE fastest growing area of Winnipeg? If they are so adiment against more people, they should be petitionning city hall for a cap on how many people can move into the area, maybe into the city if they are paranoid enough POLL: Continue or scrap the Crestwin Bomber stadium project? Icon_rolleyes
3. They live in a MAJOR CITY, not a hamlet, not a village, not a town, hell not even a small city....... a MAJOR CITY. You want the small town life? MOVE TO HAZELRIDGE!!!!!!!! Again, frick off!!!!!
As GOM said, no matter where you put this new stadium, some people will b1tch and complain because they can and likely have nothing better to do with their time. This city has been held back for too long because of these people. Winnipeg is FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! turning the corner for the better, and I would hate for people like this to stand in the way of this change for the better. They had their chance to voice their opinion on the matter when it was proposed for the area. Well, obviously they didn't b1tch and whine and complain enough at the time to get city hall all in a frenzy and kill this project from the get go. Too late, too bad soo sad. This is happening and I couldn't be happier!!!!!

EdWin

EdWin
major-contributor
major-contributor

BTW, thanks for posting the updated pic of the new stadium! It looks great, and I can't wait to attend a Bomber vs. Eskimo POLL: Continue or scrap the Crestwin Bomber stadium project? Icon_wink game once completed!!!!! Again, this is a great development for Winnipeg and I couldn't be happier!!!

Bartron

Bartron
major-contributor
major-contributor

I live close to Polo Park in St.James and during the Bomber games the streets do fill with parked cars, but it's hardly an inconvenience and it's only usually once every two weeks.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

No question the St. James area around Polo Park is jammed on game day. That's an absurd location for a football stadium today. The logistics add up to make getting in and out of that area before and after games is nightmarish.

That same logistical dynamic simply does not exist at the U of M.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

I just cant see the cutting through yards actually happening at the UofM site. like above poster says x0000 people a day during the year. and its not like students are known for respecting other peoples property or traveling in packs.

HELL!!! a extremely HUGE chunk of the ultra cheap seats are university kids.. now instead of driving drunk home to the dorm or bussing it they will merely stumble home.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

What chew sayin' Willis? Kids drunk at a Bomber game? NEVER happens.

Jondo

Jondo
major-contributor
major-contributor

WiseUpWinnipeg received contact from a group of residents bordering U of M. They announced they are challenging the plan for the reasons Deank states. They've never been consulted and they state they will not permit the development plans on the other side of their fences.
I once created a development plan for a golf course/residential development and the process including gaining the participation of neighbouring residents. Seems this plan cut through normal process. Not surprising - considering the elite participants.

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I don't think everyone and God twice have to be talked to when our elected officials decide on something that has to do with what they get paid to decide on!
Too much traffic for 4 1/2 hours on my street. What a non story as usual!!

http://www.elansofas.com

Electrician

Electrician
general-contributor
general-contributor

I wonder who really got this petition started...

http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1416203996

death128

death128
contributor
contributor

Heh. Petition.

Northlands

Northlands
contributor
contributor

EdWin wrote:POLL: Continue or scrap the Crestwin Bomber stadium project? 306762 UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"WAAAAAHHHHHHHH, too much noise!"
"WAAAAAHHHHHHHH, too many lights!"
"WAAAAAHHHHHHHH, too many people!"
"WAAAAAHHHHHHHH, my poodle will be affected!"
"WAAAAAHHHHHHHH, my children will be negatively influenced!"
WWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
POLL: Continue or scrap the Crestwin Bomber stadium project? Icon_rolleyes POLL: Continue or scrap the Crestwin Bomber stadium project? Icon_rolleyes POLL: Continue or scrap the Crestwin Bomber stadium project? Icon_rolleyes POLL: Continue or scrap the Crestwin Bomber stadium project? Icon_rolleyes POLL: Continue or scrap the Crestwin Bomber stadium project? Icon_rolleyes POLL: Continue or scrap the Crestwin Bomber stadium project? Icon_rolleyes POLL: Continue or scrap the Crestwin Bomber stadium project? Icon_rolleyes POLL: Continue or scrap the Crestwin Bomber stadium project? Icon_rolleyes
Do the babies want their bottle???
Sorry but I have no sympathy for these losers for several reasons:
1. They live by the U of M, with a population of what 50,000? That should have prevented them from moving close to this area in the first place: NOW they choose to b1tch and complain? frick off!
2. That area is growing quickly; isn't it one of if not THE fastest growing area of Winnipeg? If they are so adiment against more people, they should be petitionning city hall for a cap on how many people can move into the area, maybe into the city if they are paranoid enough POLL: Continue or scrap the Crestwin Bomber stadium project? Icon_rolleyes
3. They live in a MAJOR CITY, not a hamlet, not a village, not a town, hell not even a small city....... a MAJOR CITY. You want the small town life? MOVE TO HAZELRIDGE!!!!!!!! Again, frick off!!!!!
As GOM said, no matter where you put this new stadium, some people will b1tch and complain because they can and likely have nothing better to do with their time. This city has been held back for too long because of these people. Winnipeg is FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! turning the corner for the better, and I would hate for people like this to stand in the way of this change for the better. They had their chance to voice their opinion on the matter when it was proposed for the area. Well, obviously they didn't b1tch and whine and complain enough at the time to get city hall all in a frenzy and kill this project from the get go. Too late, too bad soo sad. This is happening and I couldn't be happier!!!!!

POLL: Continue or scrap the Crestwin Bomber stadium project? 114687

We have to stop listening to really loud complainers for a change and focus on the betterment of the city. I swear we're 30 years behind other places because of the anti-change attitude we have in the city. I'm all for well thought out plans, but there are many times where people seem to want to block anything happening around town for very little reason.

Anonymous

Still do wonder where all those cars will park but it is great to see something new going up.

Electrician

Electrician
general-contributor
general-contributor

BRT, then LRT, will take you to the Bombers games.

http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1416203996

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 27]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum