the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

POLL: Continue or scrap the Crestwin Bomber stadium project?

+18
Mantha
Triniman
freepressreader
wpg_idiot
AGEsAces
umcrouc0
LivingDead
holly golightly
Outsider
Northlands
death128
Electrician
rosencrentz
Jondo
Bartron
EdWin
grumpy old man
Deank
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 25, 26, 27

Continue or scrap the Crestwin Bomber stadium project?

POLL: Continue or scrap the Crestwin Bomber stadium project? - Page 27 Vote_lcap15%POLL: Continue or scrap the Crestwin Bomber stadium project? - Page 27 Vote_rcap 15% [ 4 ]
POLL: Continue or scrap the Crestwin Bomber stadium project? - Page 27 Vote_lcap65%POLL: Continue or scrap the Crestwin Bomber stadium project? - Page 27 Vote_rcap 65% [ 17 ]
POLL: Continue or scrap the Crestwin Bomber stadium project? - Page 27 Vote_lcap19%POLL: Continue or scrap the Crestwin Bomber stadium project? - Page 27 Vote_rcap 19% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 26

Go down  Message [Page 27 of 27]

Pav. You're Liberal roots are showing.

So once again I ask where and how do you want the money spent...
How about they not spend the money at all?

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

There should be no government spending until all the money owing is paid back.
This $300 million on this museum is a waste of $295 million, because for $5 million everything could have been done on-line, and probably with money left over , if the project was tendered!
The Bomber stadium- Grumpy, you go to the games- what is wrong with the stadium?

http://www.elansofas.com

Outsider

Outsider
contributor plus
contributor plus

rosencrentz wrote:
The Bomber stadium- what is wrong with the stadium?

1. The lower deck stands were not designed for the plastic seats they put in for the Pan Am games. As a result there is a lack of leg room for tall people sitting down and even for people trying to get to their seat to pass already seated people.
2. Basic repairs not carried out asap. Examples: Rubber tread on a step on the upper deck was not replaced in the half season before I gave up and stopped going to the games last season. This rubber tread protected the step and protected the steel bolts used in the infrastructure of the stadium from the elements .
Backboard which held up the soap dispensers was not reattached to the wall for over a season.
3. Security guards are too enthusiastic in their duties. Typical to the Canadian way everyone is targeted instead of just the offending parties.
4. Could not re-enter stadium if you wanted to go back to your car for a jacket. Again instead of targeting the boozers who went out for cheap booze they targeted the innocent people also.

Anonymous

ooooooo....sounds like the old stadium is a dangerous place....what with those loose dispensers and all.

Hell, that alone is reason enough to build a new facility eh.

I hear they stopped putting ashtrays in cars so that smokers would stop trading their cars in so quicly too.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

The sarcasm does not become you.

Outsider

Outsider
contributor plus
contributor plus

JTF wrote:ooooooo....sounds like the old stadium is a dangerous place....what with those loose dispensers and all.

Hell, that alone is reason enough to build a new facility eh.

I hear they stopped putting ashtrays in cars so that smokers would stop trading their cars in so quicly too.
So where did I say it was dangerous Question Question Question

Anonymous

JTF wrote:Pav. You're Liberal roots are showing.

So once again I ask where and how do you want the money spent...
How about they not spend the money at all?
And you as well as I know that if they do not spend it here they will spend it else where, to think they won't is naive at best . Come on there is that arena to build in Le belle province if you want a majority . And Stepho will not repeat his funding cuts statment again there trust me . And I have seen enough to know the Liberals would do the same so they are as quilty.

Electrician

Electrician
general-contributor
general-contributor

I get it now. BUILD THE 60000 SEAT STADIUM AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!!
Or else Quebec City will get a 100000 seat arena with a 30 apartment circular gondola on top.
Just keep David out of it, in all ways...
and if the Bombers continue to suck, we can always get the Vikings to move North.
POLL: Continue or scrap the Crestwin Bomber stadium project? - Page 27 114687

http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1416203996

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I was told that the leg room did not improve at the MTS building compared to the old hockey arena?

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

This thread shoukd be closed as Crestwin is out of the Bomber Stadium Project!

Anonymous

Not really.

A AS ker et al still has $4M to account for and there still is that rumour floating around that the Bm Boys on the Board want him to assume a special role with the Bombers.

We must keep up the pressure or he will again surface with expectations of reward.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

BUT BUT BUT JTF he is the ONLY successful businessman in the city of course we need him on board for his business expertise in raising 4+ million per year in revenue from a dwindling fan base

Anonymous

Heh...he no doubt fits right in with the other board members, none of whom have had any business successes, but we should get rid of these useless dickheads rather than add to them I'd reckon. Wink

EdWin

EdWin
major-contributor
major-contributor

Deank wrote: a dwindling fan base
Dwindling fanbase? Are you saying that less and less Winnipeggers care about the Bombers? Are you suggesting that no money should be placed into building a new/refurbishing the old stadium because of this? Are you implying that the team should be relocated or folded because of what you are stating? Wink

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

no I am not saying any of that other then less and less Winnipeggers are caring about the bombers.

That might be changing tho. More kids are choosing the play football now. So... Fan base might increase....or might not.

Electrician

Electrician
general-contributor
general-contributor

I noticed kids in general aren't doing any sports whatsoever, anymore...

http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1416203996

Anonymous

JTF , you are right but I don't understadn why you debate with a transplant who moved to a City that is but an oil slick away from becoming another peg. ITs not as if he is willign tyo invest something here, except to tell you what you need.
As for the old stadium, suck it up , so its a little uncomfortable. So it was mismananged. AHve you forgeotten, the sdame inbreds are going to run the new joint. Oh ya , it was so dangerous we allowed High Schools to stage their championships there for the last 10 years......oooooo so scary. What wimps.

Anonymous

REad Doug Browns article in the Free Press for a truly podunk hokey hickfilled musing on why we should just stop asking questions. Sorry, but instead of a feeling of creativity one should get when entering the City, Brown's type of mentality creates a rather dull setting. Unfortuantely for the peg, way to many see the government as the only way to get things built. Dommage

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 27 of 27]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 25, 26, 27

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum