the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Glad I don't live in West K

+12
FlyingRat
LivingDead
holly golightly
JT Estoban
Deank
rosencrentz
Miz point
zeus
SMW
GGF
grumpy old man
Freeman
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 9]

26Glad I don't live in West K - Page 2 Empty Re: Glad I don't live in West K Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:54 pm

Deank

contributor eminence
contributor eminence

GGF wrote:Deank you said:

"And which begs the question why am I the only one with copies of Summons issued by the WPS "

I would be willing to bet its because the times they did it, they mislaid it on purpose because they knew the charge was bogus.

This would also be why they had incorrect items on them and other such things.

Cops are people too ya know (sometimes) and at least the first few times they probably just issued the summons to A) scare you into being nice and B) shut the neighbor up and tell him.. look he recieved a summons.

And I guess people have nothing better to do with their time but answer the door for the police at all times of the day or night and then People generally don't have jobs in this city so they can make appearances in Traffic Court for Noise By law Summons and so on...and more later...GGF

Would you rather they wrote the complaints up properly and/or did not lose them?

GGF. Its simple. Get a tape recorder. Get one of those digital ones that can record like 32 hours at a time. Leave it running. IN your house. Then you will either have the proof that they are wrong or that they are right.

27Glad I don't live in West K - Page 2 Empty Re: Glad I don't live in West K Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:58 pm

GGF

GGF
major-contributor
major-contributor

Deank you said:

would be willing to bet its because the times they did it, they mislaid it on purpose because they knew the charge was bogus.

And in specific relation to that statement you made...Why is there only a handful of WPS Officers involved with either writing the 3 Summons and or obtaining the statement from the nut and the incarceration on the Mischief Charges and the rest of the 30 plus set of generally 2 WPS Officers that came by and visited had absolutely no problem with anything we did?...and...

And sorry Deank but it truly begs the question and perhaps many other follow up questions...such as what the hell were all the other good WPS Officers about...Fun and games?...and what is the WPS going to say...The handful were right while all the rest of the Officers were wrong?...GGF

28Glad I don't live in West K - Page 2 Empty Re: Glad I don't live in West K Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:01 pm

GGF

GGF
major-contributor
major-contributor

Deank you said:

Would you rather they wrote the complaints up properly and/or did not lose them?

GGF. Its simple. Get a tape recorder. Get one of those digital ones that can record like 32 hours at a time. Leave it running. IN your house. Then you will either have the proof that they are wrong or that they are right.

Deank before I even found out about the summons being Provincial Traffic Summons the damn summons were illegal to begin with because they were never properly filled out and the fact is simple...There was absolutely no reason why they should have been on my property in the first place because there was never anything going on...GGF

29Glad I don't live in West K - Page 2 Empty Re: Glad I don't live in West K Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:05 pm

GGF

GGF
major-contributor
major-contributor

Deank you said:

Deank I had a state of the art alarm installed in my house to protect myself not from thieves but from the WPS on Sept 24th which is 2 days after the WPS visit on Sept 22th and believe me I haven't gone into details about exactly what happened at 3:00 pm in the afternoon on Sept 22nd and 3 WPS Officers at my house...GGF

30Glad I don't live in West K - Page 2 Empty Re: Glad I don't live in West K Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:18 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

@ ggf

I think I understand your frustration and concern, however peeps in the sandbox are TRYING to a) understand and 2) offer suggestions. By all means keep snapping at them and offering sarcastic replies. That will be most helpful for you.

Chilax dude, accept the input as mostly friendly advise. Don't want advise? Take the issue elsewhere.

31Glad I don't live in West K - Page 2 Empty Re: Glad I don't live in West K Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:23 pm

GGF

GGF
major-contributor
major-contributor

Rosencrentz you said:

The Police do not put anyone in the remand center unless there is an arrest warrant!
In my case, when I was arrested, they made an error, and they paid me about $1000 for the error!
Boy was my wife pissed when they released me!

Here is what the same 2 WPS Officers did in my case...

a)Issue a Sept 18th Provincial Traffic Summon that was suppose to be Noise by Law Summon

b)Issue a Sept 22nd Provincial Traffic Summon that was suppose to be a Noise By Law Summon...and called on their P/STG (3rd WPS)

c)Obtained a statement from the Nut neighbor on Nov 17th which they claim they tried to get a hold of me right afterwards which they did not try to get a hold of me and then they immediately passed the nut's statement to the 3rd WPS involved on Sept 22nd (P/STG) who immediately requested an arrest warrant be granted...

And the Arrest Warrant was granted on November 24th as a result of all the false statements (more later) and which then on November 27th the P/STG sent 2 other different WPS Officers who show up at my door without the warrant etc and they incarcerated etc...GGF

32Glad I don't live in West K - Page 2 Empty Re: Glad I don't live in West K Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:26 pm

GGF

GGF
major-contributor
major-contributor

GOM I am so sorry if I appear to be snapping at anyone...It is just that I still have trouble dealing with everything that has happened and everytime I talk about it...It is like reliving the nightmare over again which is still unfolding as a result of not being over yet...I am truly Sorry to you and all others...GGF

33Glad I don't live in West K - Page 2 Empty Re: Glad I don't live in West K Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:29 pm

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Just pace yourself. It is the best advice I can give you.

http://www.granhotelflores.blogspot.com

34Glad I don't live in West K - Page 2 Empty Re: Glad I don't live in West K Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:33 pm

GGF

GGF
major-contributor
major-contributor

Miz I am a truthful individual and I am right at the moment going to sign off because I am starting to cry again...GGF

35Glad I don't live in West K - Page 2 Empty Re: Glad I don't live in West K Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:34 pm

JT Estoban

JT Estoban
major-contributor
major-contributor

I'll second that one too....

and add.... Be like a duck....calm, cool and collected on the surface....but paddle like hell underneath!

36Glad I don't live in West K - Page 2 Empty Re: Glad I don't live in West K Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:40 pm

Anonymous

As Mizz said the best way to deal with this is to keep your cool and do not be in the least way confrontational , do not get in to it with him . Just suggest he talk to your lawyer, if you get hot with the cops you will lose that is for sure . Just for your info they do not issue summons the judges doe,s.
They issue tickets .

37Glad I don't live in West K - Page 2 Empty Re: Glad I don't live in West K Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:19 pm

GGF

GGF
major-contributor
major-contributor

Thanks folks I sometimes have to simply walk away from it like I did earlier...My daughter and grandson are staying with me right now and yeah...Her son is the cutest little dude around...I adore the little guy because he has blonde hair and beautiful blue eyes and just a cutie...GGF

38Glad I don't live in West K - Page 2 Empty Re: Glad I don't live in West K Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:25 pm

GGF

GGF
major-contributor
major-contributor

Pav you said:

As Mizz said the best way to deal with this is to keep your cool and do not be in the least way confrontational , do not get in to it with him . Just suggest he talk to your lawyer, if you get hot with the cops you will lose that is for sure . Just for your info they do not issue summons the judges doe,s.
They issue tickets .

Tickets or summons Pav...You still have to go to court for either one of them...and...

a) Municipal By Law Court is a court "Solely" for the City of Wpg which deals with Wpg City By Laws and is held every second Thursdays on the 3rd Floor on Broadway...It is known as By Law Court...and or nicknamed "Sammy's Court"...

b)A Provincial Court (MB) is what we are all familliar with and also at the same building on Broadway and on the first and the 3rd floor etc which deal with Traffic violations, small claim lawsuits etc...GGF

39Glad I don't live in West K - Page 2 Empty Re: Glad I don't live in West K Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:49 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

GGF wrote:GOM I am so sorry if I appear to be snapping at anyone...It is just that I still have trouble dealing with everything that has happened and everytime I talk about it...It is like reliving the nightmare over again which is still unfolding as a result of not being over yet...I am truly Sorry to you and all others...GGF
Apology accepted. Smile

40Glad I don't live in West K - Page 2 Empty Re: Glad I don't live in West K Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:49 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

"There was absolutely no reason why they should have been on my property in the first place because there was never anything going on..."

Actually the reason is they are required to follow up on citizen complaints. Baseless or not.

41Glad I don't live in West K - Page 2 Empty Re: Glad I don't live in West K Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:52 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Ya got a video camera? Or CCTV cameras? Place them strategically around your house. A good CCTV DVR will record on motion. Keep a few weeks recording and everytime you are accused of something "go to the tape"...

42Glad I don't live in West K - Page 2 Empty Re: Glad I don't live in West K Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:54 pm

Anonymous

GGF wrote:Pav you said:

They issue tickets .

Tickets or summons Pav...You still have to go to court for either one of them...and...

a) Municipal By Law Court is a court "Solely" for the City of Wpg which deals with Wpg City By Laws and is held every second Thursdays on the 3rd Floor on Broadway...It is known as By Law Court...and or nicknamed "Sammy's Court"...

b)A Provincial Court (MB) is what we are all familliar with and also at the same building on Broadway and on the first and the 3rd floor etc which deal with Traffic violations, small claim lawsuits etc...GGF

Very familer with both and A ticket you do not have to go to court you have the option a summons you do not, least your wife of someone in the family is dying you go . Or get arrested .

43Glad I don't live in West K - Page 2 Empty Re: Glad I don't live in West K Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:56 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Can the police issue a summons with only the evidence of one party and without at least a cursory investigation?

44Glad I don't live in West K - Page 2 Empty Re: Glad I don't live in West K Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:01 pm

Anonymous

No they have to do a complete investigation wink wink depending on the time and the parties . They when unsure will leave it up to the bylaw dept as they are charged with this area.
The police very rarely will deliver summons , unless it is directed to by the courts they issue tickets .

45Glad I don't live in West K - Page 2 Empty Re: Glad I don't live in West K Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:45 pm

GGF

GGF
major-contributor
major-contributor

Pav you said:

No they have to do a complete investigation wink wink depending on the time and the parties . They when unsure will leave it up to the bylaw dept as they are charged with this area.
The police very rarely will deliver summons , unless it is directed to by the courts they issue tickets .

Pav if you ever have received a "Pink Traffic Summons" this is what the 3 Noise By Laws tickets or summons are written on...and...

And the Sept 18th ticket or summons has a time of 11:15 am and was delivered/issued at 6:30 pm...and...in my name and in my wife's fingers and not in mine and also improperly completed to boot...and don't forget all of this was before I discovered the Summons was a Provincial Traffic Summons and not a Noise By Law Summons etc...and...

And we had 3 sets of WPS Officers on Sept 18th...One at 2:30pm and a Supervisor that spoke to me in the back of my property, the 2nd set of WPS Officers at 6:30 pm which are the same 2 WPS Officers that also issued the Sept 22nd ticket/summon and also took the nut's statement on Nov 17th, and the 3rd WPS visit on Sept 18th was at just after midnight...and...

And 4 days later on Sept 22nd the "Pink Summons/ticket" has a time of 3:15 pm on it which was the time I had the same 2 WPS Officers as on Sept 18th at 6:30 pm back again on Sept 22nd and also involved the 3rd WPS Officer (P/STG) on my property and for about 1/2hr to 45 minutes and more later on Sept 22nd...GGF

46Glad I don't live in West K - Page 2 Empty Re: Glad I don't live in West K Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:49 pm

GGF

GGF
major-contributor
major-contributor

I was also going to mention to everyone that if you look in the October 08, 2009 issue of the local "Times Community Newspaper" I had a smaller but similar story printed and about "Harassment" and at that time I had just received my 3 Summons and not my Mischief enjoyment of property charges yet which came on Nov 27th...GGF

47Glad I don't live in West K - Page 2 Empty Re: Glad I don't live in West K Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:54 pm

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

The noise thing aside, isn't "mischief" a criminal code offence?

48Glad I don't live in West K - Page 2 Empty Re: Glad I don't live in West K Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:12 pm

GGF

GGF
major-contributor
major-contributor

Freeman you said:

The noise thing aside, isn't "mischief" a criminal code offence?

From what I can gather it is a Criminal Charge and what is known as a "Hybrid Offense" meaning it could be either an "Indictable or a Summary Offense"...and...

All the lawyers I have spoken to have said that in my case their was absolutely no reason for the WPS to have incarcerated me on the offense because...

a)I have no criminal record whatsoever...

b)The WPS knew exactly were I lived and had already gathered all my particulars back on Sept 18th when they issued the Sept 18th Summon/ticket etc...and...

c)Because in my case it is suppose to be a "Summary Offense" but the lawyers can't figure out which one the WPS are talking about but the lawyers know which one was supposed to be issued if any of the 2 options were issued...and...

None the less...If the charges were warranted and only "Summary Charges" then the WPS should have just left the charges with me and not have incarcerated me on Nov 27th but they did so...and...

And then raises lots of questions...The Friday I was incarcerated was the Friday following the small riot and or that fire in the cell at the Remand Centre the weekend before and because it was overfilled etc...and...

And I have not also disclosed what the 2 WPS did to me when they incarcerated me etc on Nov 27th yet...GGF

49Glad I don't live in West K - Page 2 Empty Re: Glad I don't live in West K Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:18 pm

Anonymous

grumpy old man wrote:Can the police issue a summons with only the evidence of one party and without at least a cursory investigation?

Don't believe what Pav said...the cops do it all the time...which pisses off the crown attorneys....hence an awkward situation exists.

But, believe me they do charge and leave it for the crown to sort out. They're a$$holes that way.

50Glad I don't live in West K - Page 2 Empty Re: Glad I don't live in West K Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:45 pm

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

GGF- if you need some free legal advise, then fax me all the information or email me the information regarding your arrest! How can you be arrested for a noise complaint? It cannot be!

http://www.elansofas.com

51Glad I don't live in West K - Page 2 Empty Re: Glad I don't live in West K Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:43 pm

GGF

GGF
major-contributor
major-contributor

Rosencrentz you said:

GGF- if you need some free legal advise, then fax me all the information or email me the information regarding your arrest! How can you be arrested for a noise complaint? It cannot be!

It is the truth...The nuts opening statement is as follows...

As taken by the 2 WPS Officers on Nov 17th and just rewritten by me below...

This has been an ongoing issue since December 2008 when he moved in. It stems from a water drainage. My neighbor alleges that it's my fault that his basement leaks. Since then he has been doing all sorts of things to make my life a living hell. I must have called at least 100 times since this situation started. Most recently he has been playing his radio so it could be heard by me. I know you guys have given him tickets in the past but that hasn't been working. One time I spoke to P/STG (He names the WPS Officer) who caught him playing his music loud to cause a disturbance and to make my life miserable.

***The rest of the nut's statement gets even crazier like he is asked what time it was that "HE" was playing loud music and the nut says it's 9:30 pm and the WPS statement has a time as the nut statement being obtained as 10:19 Pm and nowhere's do the WPS Officers claim to have heard the same noise in their narrative or other and they immediately entered in an investigation of mischief enjoyment of property against me as a result of the numerous number of dealings with myself and the WPS...So they started collecting the nuts statement...

a) Nut's opening statement about moving in in Dec 2008...My wife and I purchased and move in in May 2008...

b)Pay close attention to the word "He" move in...There has always been 2 people living in this house...My wife and I...So why is the "Target Only Me"...

c) The P/STG is the same WPS Officer who was present on Sept 22nd, and immediately requested a warrant be issue for my arrest on Mischief enjoyment of property charges on November 17th right after the first 2 WPS Officers collected the statement from the nut...and...more later...and...

d)As soon as I can subpoena for the 311 or 911 records it should show that he started calling on July 09, 2008 and I have further evidence that will establish that etc...

And I am trying to learn how to properly subpoena at the moment and haven't found out yet how and mainly the correct addresses to send the WPS ones or the 311/911 yet etc...and my next court appearance is on Mar 04th...

And I need all the legal help I can get at the moment Rosencrentz because I have been mainly fighting this on my own for the most part and without a lawyer yet because of a retainer money issue and I don't know how to use the Sandbox email yet and I have been having an issue with my fax machine not properly working as of late...so here is my email address...Thanks Rosencrentz...GGF

gilgfiola@live.ca

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum