the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Glad I don't live in West K

+12
FlyingRat
LivingDead
holly golightly
JT Estoban
Deank
rosencrentz
Miz point
zeus
SMW
GGF
grumpy old man
Freeman
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 9]

1Glad I don't live in West K Empty Glad I don't live in West K Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:34 am

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

2Glad I don't live in West K Empty Re: Glad I don't live in West K Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:47 am

Anonymous

[quote] "FIOLA refused to comply with any police direction and as a result, police are prepared to lock FIOLA up at the PRC (Provincial Remand Centre) to prevent the continuation of the offence."[/quote]

Fcuken Police State!!!

I keep telling you, the fcuken cops are out of control in this City.

3Glad I don't live in West K Empty Re: Glad I don't live in West K Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:48 am

Anonymous

Oh ya....

The narrative also states inaccurately that "there have (been) numerous bylaw tickets issued to FIOLA."

4Glad I don't live in West K Empty Re: Glad I don't live in West K Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:12 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Hey Freeman, that's GGF... and... surprised... and...

5Glad I don't live in West K Empty Re: Glad I don't live in West K Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:13 am

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

grumpy old man wrote:Hey Freeman, that's GGF... and... surprised... and...

Really!!! (feigned surprise)

GGF

GGF
major-contributor
major-contributor

"Noise dispute anything but neighbouly"...and...

And for anyone interested in knowing what has happened to me and my wife last fall and the ongoing unfolding story please read the following link which is our story in today's Free Press...GGF

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/local/noise-dispute-anything-but-neighbourly-85325097.html

7Glad I don't live in West K Empty Re: Glad I don't live in West K Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:17 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Merged these topics. We don't need two identical threads.

8Glad I don't live in West K Empty Re: Glad I don't live in West K Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:18 am

SMW

SMW
major-contributor
major-contributor

Hey, I live on Kilbride!

http://www.conceitedjerk.com

9Glad I don't live in West K Empty Re: Glad I don't live in West K Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:19 am

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

10Glad I don't live in West K Empty Re: Glad I don't live in West K Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:19 am

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

SMW wrote:Hey, I live on Kilbride!

LMAO!

11Glad I don't live in West K Empty Re: Glad I don't live in West K Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:25 am

GGF

GGF
major-contributor
major-contributor

Here is a link to the Wpg Neighborhood Liveability By-Law...GGF

http://winnipeg.ca/CLKDMIS/DocExt/ViewDoc.asp?DocumentTypeId=1&DocId=3996

12Glad I don't live in West K Empty Re: Glad I don't live in West K Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:32 am

SMW

SMW
major-contributor
major-contributor

Freeman wrote:

LMAO!

Oh yeah, neighbourly disputes seem to be the norm on my block. Thankfully I've only been involved in one minor dispute (my fault), which was settled to both our satisfaction.

Although, I'm anticipating a couple of complaints when I put up my radio antenna this spring...

13Glad I don't live in West K Empty Re: Glad I don't live in West K Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:38 am

zeus

zeus

SMW wrote:
Freeman wrote:

LMAO!

Oh yeah, neighbourly disputes seem to be the norm on my block. Thankfully I've only been involved in one minor dispute (my fault), which was settled to both our satisfaction.

Although, I'm anticipating a couple of complaints when I put up my radio antenna this spring...
I would like to put up a radio antena tower - for amateur radio. I hope my neighbours don,t complai!

14Glad I don't live in West K Empty Re: Glad I don't live in West K Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:45 am

GGF

GGF
major-contributor
major-contributor

SMW wait until the WPS come by and give you 3 Provincial Summons for a Municipal By Law Noise Summons and you find yourself in Provincial Traffic Court because your neighbor is pissed off at you for apparently making noise and like my wife and I have had to do for 3 times as a result of 3 Provincial Summons issued...and...

And then also find out that the Crown doesn't even have a copy of the Summons Issued by the WPS and then also have the WPS at our house 30+ times at all times of the day or night and then the WPS decide to put you in the Remand Centre etc...and on and on and more later...GGF

15Glad I don't live in West K Empty Re: Glad I don't live in West K Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:52 am

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

A friend of mine had a tower when he lived in St James. No problem as long as you follow the process and jump through the necessary hoops.

16Glad I don't live in West K Empty Re: Glad I don't live in West K Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:59 am

SMW

SMW
major-contributor
major-contributor

And above all, make sure your radio equipment is properly shielded so the neighbours aren't picking you up...

17Glad I don't live in West K Empty Re: Glad I don't live in West K Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:04 am

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

@GGF - all I can recommend to you is that you document everything from day one. Refrain from exchanging any heated words with the Police. Refrain from even looking your neighbour in the eye. I hope you have kept a detailed journal of all happenings that includes times, dates and circumstances. I hope you have recorded badge numbers.

There is an old saying that goes like this - there are three sides to every story; yours, mine and the truth. If it is proved in court that you are innocent of maliciousness then you will have a solid LERA case. I am wondering however, and this is not to doubt you here but I am wondering what you said to the officers that would make them take you to the Remand Centre. That part of the story does not make any sense. If this was a case of "teaching you a lesson" then you have every right to seek justice. I do not have all the details in front of me, from both sides, so of course I and others here will ponder the various scenarios.

I know from experience having challenged the authority of the WPS and believe me it was not fun and took over three years out of my life, but in the end I was vindicated.

I cannot help but think that maybe you should have opted to engage in mediation. I know, it sucks, it's way too PC and namby-pamby but here is the catch - if you had chosen to do it perhaps you would have come out of this smelling like roses because of the illusion of cooperation and compliance. Play the game. This is just something that went through my head reading the story so take it for what it is worth, just a theory and not a judgment.

http://www.granhotelflores.blogspot.com

18Glad I don't live in West K Empty Re: Glad I don't live in West K Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:09 am

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

The Police do not put anyone in the remand center unless there is an arrest warrant!
In my case, when I was arrested, they made an error, and they paid me about $1000 for the error!
Boy was my wife pissed when they released me!

http://www.elansofas.com

19Glad I don't live in West K Empty Re: Glad I don't live in West K Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:09 am

SMW

SMW
major-contributor
major-contributor

GGF wrote:SMW wait until the WPS come by and give you 3 Provincial Summons for a Municipal By Law Noise Summons and you find yourself in Provincial Traffic Court because your neighbor is pissed off at you for apparently making noise and like my wife and I have had to do for 3 times as a result of 3 Provincial Summons issued...and...

Well, I'm not doubting you in the least. As I've said, I've seen my share of neighbourly disputes (most involving noise complaints) in the eight years I've owned my house on that street, so I'm honestly not surprised.

There are a lot of people with far too much time on their hands on my street, who will happily stick their nose into other peoples' business.

You do have me wondering if I know you and your nemesis...

20Glad I don't live in West K Empty Re: Glad I don't live in West K Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:23 am

GGF

GGF
major-contributor
major-contributor

Miz Point...I understand what you have said and have done all of the above and in relation to Mediation...

a)After the 30 plus harassing visits by the WPS
b)After 3 Provincial Summons that were suppose to be Municipal By Law Summons...
c)After being arbitrarly incarcerated

D)Forget about "Mediation at this Point in time"...

Because I haven't done anything to deserve this...and because there is absolutely no evidence against me and because what is one suppose to Mediate with a nut and because Mediation is something you offer someone at the beginning etc and not after all of the above...and...

And since when do we as a society allow the WPS to make whatever rule(s) they decide and allow them to have a complete disregard for the By Law itself...and...

And sorry but I will fight to the end...and...

And for the record I held back on the LERA complaints back in December and in relation to the 3 Provincial Summons because they are evidence against the WPS and the nut neighbor in the Mischief enjoyment of property charges that I was incarcerated on Nov 27th...and...

And more later...I have to go now and have a reporter photocopy the 3 Summons in question etc which at this point in time I am the only known person with a copy issued by the WPS...and...

And which begs the question why am I the only one with copies of Summons issued by the WPS and I am also on court records and on December 10th as having the Judge force the Crown to admit on record that I was the only one with a "known copy of a Sept 22th Summons issued by the WPS"...more later...GGF

21Glad I don't live in West K Empty Re: Glad I don't live in West K Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:37 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

SMW wrote:And above all, make sure your radio equipment is properly shielded so the neighbours aren't picking you up...

???? you mean like because you are exposing yourself???

22Glad I don't live in West K Empty Re: Glad I don't live in West K Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:41 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

"And which begs the question why am I the only one with copies of Summons issued by the WPS "

I would be willing to bet its because the times they did it, they mislaid it on purpose because they knew the charge was bogus.

This would also be why they had incorrect items on them and other such things.

Cops are people too ya know (sometimes) and at least the first few times they probably just issued the summons to A) scare you into being nice and B) shut the neighbor up and tell him.. look he recieved a summons.

23Glad I don't live in West K Empty Re: Glad I don't live in West K Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:48 pm

GGF

GGF
major-contributor
major-contributor

Deank you said:

"And which begs the question why am I the only one with copies of Summons issued by the WPS "

I would be willing to bet its because the times they did it, they mislaid it on purpose because they knew the charge was bogus.

Cops are people too ya know (sometimes) and at least the first few times they probably just issued the summons to A) scare you into being nice and B) shut the neighbor up and tell him.. look he recieved a summons.

And I guess people have nothing better to do with their time but answer the door for the police at all times of the day or night and then People generally don't have jobs in this city so they can make appearances in Traffic Court for Noise By law Summons and so on...and more later...GGF

24Glad I don't live in West K Empty Re: Glad I don't live in West K Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:51 pm

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Pace yourself dude. You are "this" close (visualize me holding up my index finger and thumb horizontally) to popping a gasket. As I stated earlier, my case took three years out of my life to fight but I maintained my dignity throughout.

http://www.granhotelflores.blogspot.com

25Glad I don't live in West K Empty Re: Glad I don't live in West K Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:54 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

GGF wrote:Deank you said:

And I guess people have nothing better to do with their time but answer the door for the police at all times of the day or night and then People generally don't have jobs in this city so they can make appearances in Traffic Court for Noise By law Summons and so on...and more later...GGF

Would you rather they wrote the complaints up properly and/or did not lose them?

GGF. Its simple. Get a tape recorder. Get one of those digital ones that can record like 32 hours at a time. Leave it running. IN your house. Then you will either have the proof that they are wrong or that they are right.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 9]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum