the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

All Things Election

+15
Triniman
darkwind
egomaniac
Goth_chic
libermom
FlyingRat
sputnik
nickelback
Electrician
AGEsAces
Freeman
Deank
Northlands
grumpy old man
LivingDead
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 14]

76All Things Election - Page 4 Empty Re: All Things Election Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:40 pm

Deank

contributor eminence
contributor eminence

77All Things Election - Page 4 Empty Re: All Things Election Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:40 pm

LivingDead

LivingDead
general-contributor
general-contributor

Deank wrote:oooo... this just in the news just now.

Harper eats babies.
I hear they are great with a side of toast. drunken

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/youare

78All Things Election - Page 4 Empty Re: All Things Election Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:42 pm

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Its one way to get him to the kitchen table rather than the boardroom table.

79All Things Election - Page 4 Empty Re: All Things Election Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:43 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

I dont blame him.. babies are sweet..

cheers

80All Things Election - Page 4 Empty Re: All Things Election Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:44 pm

Electrician

Electrician
general-contributor
general-contributor

Who's got rabies?

http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1416203996

81All Things Election - Page 4 Empty Re: All Things Election Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:46 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Harper.. from eating too many rapid babies I guess...

82All Things Election - Page 4 Empty Re: All Things Election Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:08 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Rapid babies? Special "fast" breed?

83All Things Election - Page 4 Empty Re: All Things Election Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:10 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

sigh.. I gotta learn to type slower... maybe actually read what I type instead of typing off screen

84All Things Election - Page 4 Empty Re: All Things Election Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:41 pm

Electrician

Electrician
general-contributor
general-contributor

some say he's foxy Embarassed

85All Things Election - Page 4 Empty Re: All Things Election Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:49 pm

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

rapid babies grow up to be drivers on the BRT

86All Things Election - Page 4 Empty Re: All Things Election Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:53 pm

Electrician

Electrician
general-contributor
general-contributor

But they all move to Calgary... LRT attracts babies.

87All Things Election - Page 4 Empty Re: All Things Election Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:25 pm

Anonymous

It is funny the comedians are on tonight trying to debate .

88All Things Election - Page 4 Empty Re: All Things Election Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:47 pm

Anonymous

Gee this debate is sad a bunch of crap and no real substance. TV that is Trust to bad they have nothing to offer for it .

89All Things Election - Page 4 Empty Re: All Things Election Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:50 pm

libermom

libermom

I don't understand why Duceppe is there. There isn't enough seats in Quebec to form a majority gov't. How is he ever going to seperate Quebec if he doesn't have the power to do so? He would have a better hope of separting Quebec from Canada if he ran canidates across Canada. That way those that want Quebec to leave can vote for the bloc. Alberta should separte too.

90All Things Election - Page 4 Empty Re: All Things Election Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:08 pm

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Thats got to be a debate in itself. Allowing a party to participate in a national debate when their mandate is in fact to destroy the nation. We go so far to placate everyone who has an opinion, we sometimes make ourselves look silly. Next thing you know, they'll let the Green Party participate in these debates.

91All Things Election - Page 4 Empty Re: All Things Election Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:12 pm

Anonymous

My thought too and yet May was given a hard time to be on it at least she believes in this country. Quebec needs to make up its mind this BS has gone on two long . Your in or out and this is the price if you go make up your mind to hell with this crap . A man who is bent on tearing the country apart is there , only in Canada .

92All Things Election - Page 4 Empty Re: All Things Election Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:14 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

No, in Spain Italy, Russia, Georgia...

93All Things Election - Page 4 Empty Re: All Things Election Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:22 pm

Northlands

Northlands
contributor
contributor

Well as usual, I miss another event on tv due to work. The highlights though make me not feel so bad. It looked like more of a discussion at a dinner table than an actual debate.

As much as I have a distaste for the attendance of a political party that is devoted to taking a section out of Canada and becoming its own country, I do admire one part about Duceppe. It's pretty easy to figure out where he stands. He's going to do whatever is in the best interest of Quebec. Not too much flim flam there. I know a lot of people were likely happy that Lizzie May got to attend the debate, but I still believe that a party that doesn't have one elected member sitting in the House of Commons shouldn't have much business being in the debate. No matter how much there was an outcry of her being shunned due to " the old boys club " , which is a pile of dung. No elected seats, you don't get to attend. To me, she and her party at this point just seems like another special interest group. May as well have had the head of the Canadian Taxpayers Federation involved as well.

K, no more ranting from me this evening. Must decompress my mind from work. bounce

94All Things Election - Page 4 Empty Re: All Things Election Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:24 pm

libermom

libermom

Duceppe reminds me of David Bowie.

95All Things Election - Page 4 Empty Re: All Things Election Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:06 am

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

I thought that went well. I loved it when Duceppe said he knows that he will not become the PM, but there are three other people that will not become PM either, they just won't admin it ;-) I also dug how he said "...the provinces and Quebec..." as if Quebec is not a province anymore.

96All Things Election - Page 4 Empty Re: All Things Election Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:23 am

Anonymous

In his mind he is President as said earlier it is time Quebec makes up its mind and signs or go.s which I don.t believe it will it has to much to lose . The Federal Government has to lay out the price which there will be one Quebec is reliant on Government jobs and operations .

97All Things Election - Page 4 Empty Re: All Things Election Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:44 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Grand Slam for Harper me thinks in that debate.
May just prooved she should not be anywhere near the table.
Dion simply could not handle the attacks from both sides and man he is hard to understand. Serious question.. is his French better? Or is this some sort of speech impediment?

98All Things Election - Page 4 Empty Re: All Things Election Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:46 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Anyone else catch near the end where May said. The Liberal plan is great since it was our ( Greens) plan to begin with so when we implement it the country will be in for some .....

Excuse me.. WE implement it? WE?? WE???

hmmm shades of Harpers accusations that the Greens will just tell their people to vote Liberal near the end of the race.

99All Things Election - Page 4 Empty Re: All Things Election Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:19 pm

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I caught some of the debate last night. Layton made me laugh when he attacked Dion and told him he shouldn't be running for PM. LOL I thought Mr Harper did a good job.

I saw a bit of the VP debates....Sarah Palin sounds like she was in that movie Fargo. I can't stand her accent.

100All Things Election - Page 4 Empty Re: All Things Election Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:29 pm

Anonymous

I switched back and forth also.

As much as they tried to, they couldn't rattle Harper, I thought. But I don't think these debates change anyone's opinion...just fortify one. So, from that perspective, they all did well. Smile

I thought that Palin was almost a caricature of herself, and yet, showed she incredibly intelligent. Imo at least.

I hope she does SNL soon.

101All Things Election - Page 4 Empty Re: All Things Election Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:39 pm

egomaniac

egomaniac

Freeman wrote:Hmmm, if in a communist ideal, we're all equal and we all give according to our ability, how can any of us be identified as leaders?
If you put 10 people in a room, give them a problem, one person will emerge as the leader. Remove them and give the 9 remaining a problem another person will emerge, etc. While this works great in a room of 10 clued out people, how does a communist state of several million decide who the leader is?
And another thing...while communism and dictatorial regimes are not synonomous, why is it that communist states are basically run by dictators? Is this a fundamental problem with the ideals of communism? People by nature, just don't like to be treated like crap, but the only way to maintain the communist ideal is to beat it into the population?
Hmm..ive always pictured the state after the revolution something like this:
People are picked from birth to do a job needed by the people... all jobs are the same because they are not on a differing pay scale (doctors are the same as garbage men). This is a big deal to most capitalists, but you're looking through the capitalist mind set.. the a garbage guy is a lesser job than a doctor..
not true, in my world...we're all the same, we'll be treated the same. This will turn into a more productive and efficient system with everybody happy that they have everything they need.

http://www.chrisgauthier.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum