the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

All Things Election

+15
Triniman
darkwind
egomaniac
Goth_chic
libermom
FlyingRat
sputnik
nickelback
Electrician
AGEsAces
Freeman
Deank
Northlands
grumpy old man
LivingDead
19 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 14]

1All Things Election Empty All Things Election Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:10 pm

Anonymous

The title says it all we are off and running

2All Things Election Empty Re: All Things Election Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:19 pm

LivingDead

LivingDead
general-contributor
general-contributor

I'm not a liberal supporter, but I have to ask the question.

What the heck is Dion thinking? I think he is worse for the liberals than Kim Campbell was for the PC's.

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/youare

3All Things Election Empty Re: All Things Election Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:21 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

I've been saying that since he was made that party's leader. Should'a elected Kennedy.

4All Things Election Empty Re: All Things Election Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:24 pm

Anonymous

Yes he is not a real saleable commodity is he as smart as he may be to bad the party puts him into this position he has to realize whats happening.

5All Things Election Empty Re: All Things Election Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:31 am

Northlands

Northlands
contributor
contributor

After reading a few Maclean's articles on the man, he definitely has a great academic background, and may indeed be quite knowledgeable in many ways, but he's just not a " man of the people ". He looks out of place trying to lead his own party, never mind relate to most people along the campaign trail. I suspect we'll be seeing a liberal leadership convention happening ASAP after the election.

6All Things Election Empty Re: All Things Election Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:13 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

I suspect you are correct.

7All Things Election Empty Re: All Things Election Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:40 am

Anonymous

I think he was the quick person to take the job while the machine was groomed for Ignatoff or how ever you spell his name . He seems to be the one all of the party will get behind at the next convention . The Kim Campbell, reign take it on the chin for the party you will,be looked after .

8All Things Election Empty Re: All Things Election Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:59 pm

Anonymous

It would be a totally different election if Ignatief had been chosen...probably a totally different party too.
It seems pretty well a forgone conclusion that Harper will be elected PM, but the real question is Who will be Leader of the Opposition?
I suspect Layton will squeek in.
If he does, it'll mean the Liberals may be the third party for quite some time, and that the Greens may fade away.

9All Things Election Empty Re: All Things Election Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:32 pm

Anonymous

Should be interesting to see Jack in that position people really listening to him . Wonder if he is wife will be there for most of the interveiws.

10All Things Election Empty Re: All Things Election Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:37 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Well, since he is her puppet, I expect she'll be there.

11All Things Election Empty Re: All Things Election Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:41 pm

Anonymous

I think we'd all be better off with Jack in Opposition. (as opposed to a jack off in there.) clown

12All Things Election Empty Re: All Things Election Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:49 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

You're right on that because there is a jack off in opposition today.

13All Things Election Empty Re: All Things Election Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:01 pm

Anonymous

Heh. The Federal Liberals may indeed go the way of the Provincial Liberals here in Manitoba...kinda' redundant. Harper seems to be winning the fight for the middle ground, and Layton has the left. There's no place for the Liberals to go. They may end up merging with the Greens federally...just a thought.

14All Things Election Empty Re: All Things Election Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:23 pm

Anonymous

Yes they are really trying to find themselves again as were the conservatives after Mulroney. They will fry Dion after he loses and go soul searching then come out next elaction with a new person incharge. And by then every one will realize they made a mistake with Harper for he will have shown his true roots, Reform and God help us there .

15All Things Election Empty Re: All Things Election Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:52 pm

Northlands

Northlands
contributor
contributor

JTF wrote:Heh. The Federal Liberals may indeed go the way of the Provincial Liberals here in Manitoba...kinda' redundant. Harper seems to be winning the fight for the middle ground, and Layton has the left. There's no place for the Liberals to go. They may end up merging with the Greens federally...just a thought.

I think after this election they may have to give that a consideration. I believe that even though Lizzie May had endorsed Dion as PM, ( once during an interview, and the other through the a suspected liberal deal to pull out of Peter McKay's riding to help her out ) , her party will be actually pulling votes away from the Liberals, and some NDP. If the Liberals still choose to run on a heavily environment based campaign in the coming years, you don't want the Greens hanging around to syphon votes, especially if their leader is more well spoken on similar topics.

16All Things Election Empty Re: All Things Election Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:42 pm

LivingDead

LivingDead
general-contributor
general-contributor

Another thing I don't understand is Bob Rae. How the heck did he come from being an NDP premier of Ontario to being one of the leading contenders for the leadership of the liberal party? What is wrong with them? That would be like letting Elizabeth May run for the leadership of the Conservatives. It just does not make sense.

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/youare

17All Things Election Empty Re: All Things Election Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:15 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

first.... its ELI-MAY damn it...
Second..yes dion is just the kim campbell.. oops..man did we mess up..hmm.. well who can we get to be the sacrificial lamb???( and it will be the U of W president who ends up being the next PM after Harper)
Third... there is no real such thing as party loyalty any more... anyone remeber the current Premier of Quebec being a contender for the leadership of a completely different party? Or a certain woman going for the leadership of a certain party and then changing teams after an election?
People like them should be punished by the voters ( or Goth_chic... whichever )

18All Things Election Empty Re: All Things Election Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:41 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

so now the NDP is saying
$10 minimum wage across the country.. AND if that aint a big enough kick to the nuts....they want to scale back the corporate tax breaks that the liberals and cons have brought in over the last few years... the tax breaks will "make" the government 47 Billion over 5 years..
Man the Federal NDP are returning to the left in the FREAKIN HUGE way.. at least they can say that.
I dont think that Canada can afford to be forced into a deep recession by its government.

19All Things Election Empty Re: All Things Election Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:42 am

Anonymous

Yes I agree if you change parties after elected as the other you should face the voters so they have there say about it . Also is this present system of a dollar per vote or whatever right . I don't like the fact that we pay them to spend our money then we pay them to get votes and then we pay them to be retired or a senator same thing . If they get paid for our votes should not we not get a senate seat after all Mira Spivak to name one did get it for hers Money

20All Things Election Empty Re: All Things Election Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:03 am

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Deank wrote:so now the NDP is saying
$10 minimum wage across the country.. AND if that aint a big enough kick to the nuts....they want to scale back the corporate tax breaks that the liberals and cons have brought in over the last few years... the tax breaks will "make" the government 47 Billion over 5 years..
Man the Federal NDP are returning to the left in the FREAKIN HUGE way.. at least they can say that.
I dont think that Canada can afford to be forced into a deep recession by its government.

So when did Jerk Layton come up with a national minimum wage? Did someone forget to tell him that employment is actually a provincial responsibility and he'ss have to change the constitution? Or are the NDP just too dumb to figure that out? Just something to talk about at the kitchen table!!

21All Things Election Empty Re: All Things Election Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:34 am

Anonymous

LOL...Jerk Layton..heh..
Can it be that the people that he's targeting are too dumb to understand the differences between jurisdictions? Smile

22All Things Election Empty Re: All Things Election Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:49 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

sheesh.. apparently Michael Ignatief is not quite aware of which party his is deputy leader of,
http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/CanadaVotes/News/2008/09/29/6918901-cp.html
"The Toronto Liberal said unlike the Conservatives, his party believes in "sound money, balanced budgets, low taxes and personal responsibility."

23All Things Election Empty Re: All Things Election Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:51 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

low taxes??????
how much they want to make off the carbon tax again?

24All Things Election Empty Re: All Things Election Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:55 am

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Deank wrote:sheesh.. apparently Michael Ignatief is not quite aware of which party his is deputy leader of,
http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/CanadaVotes/News/2008/09/29/6918901-cp.html
"The Toronto Liberal said unlike the Conservatives, his party believes in "sound money, balanced budgets, low taxes and personal responsibility."

Maybe he's posturing so the new Conservative government will allow him into their caucus. The Conservatives get Ignatieff, the Liberals got Belinda, and the Greens are still SOL.

25All Things Election Empty Re: All Things Election Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:57 am

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Referring to LD's earlier post, do you think that Dijon knows that Bob Rae is gunning for his job? Dijon must know it, everyone says he's a smart man.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 14]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum