the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

All Things Election

+15
Triniman
darkwind
egomaniac
Goth_chic
libermom
FlyingRat
sputnik
nickelback
Electrician
AGEsAces
Freeman
Deank
Northlands
grumpy old man
LivingDead
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 14]

101All Things Election - Page 5 Empty Re: All Things Election Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:39 pm

egomaniac

Freeman wrote:Hmmm, if in a communist ideal, we're all equal and we all give according to our ability, how can any of us be identified as leaders?
If you put 10 people in a room, give them a problem, one person will emerge as the leader. Remove them and give the 9 remaining a problem another person will emerge, etc. While this works great in a room of 10 clued out people, how does a communist state of several million decide who the leader is?
And another thing...while communism and dictatorial regimes are not synonomous, why is it that communist states are basically run by dictators? Is this a fundamental problem with the ideals of communism? People by nature, just don't like to be treated like crap, but the only way to maintain the communist ideal is to beat it into the population?
Hmm..ive always pictured the state after the revolution something like this:
People are picked from birth to do a job needed by the people... all jobs are the same because they are not on a differing pay scale (doctors are the same as garbage men). This is a big deal to most capitalists, but you're looking through the capitalist mind set.. the a garbage guy is a lesser job than a doctor..
not true, in my world...we're all the same, we'll be treated the same. This will turn into a more productive and efficient system with everybody happy that they have everything they need.

http://www.chrisgauthier.com

102All Things Election - Page 5 Empty Re: All Things Election Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:42 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

ooo the best part.. when Harper said "I will not raise taxes" started taking a drink of water and the moderator said.. You wont raise taxes" Harper responded simply.. I will not raise taxes and continued taking his drink..

Cool as a cucumber...

103All Things Election - Page 5 Empty Re: All Things Election Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:47 pm

LivingDead

LivingDead
general-contributor
general-contributor

I did not like Layton and May's Pistol and autorifle ban..

Seriously. Ban hand guns? are they stupid? 95% of guns used are smuggled in from the USA.

I have a great idea, lets Ban poverty. Wake up stupids (layton, Dion, may).

Why can I understand Gille Ducept well and yet I cant make out 80% of what comes out of Dion's mouth?

And GC, that was funny when Layton said to Dion. you cant do your job as opposition what business do you have running for PM. LOL Great Jab. Too Bad everyone else didn't jump on Dion at that moment.

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/youare

104All Things Election - Page 5 Empty Re: All Things Election Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:49 pm

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

egomaniac wrote:
Freeman wrote:Hmmm, if in a communist ideal, we're all equal and we all give according to our ability, how can any of us be identified as leaders?
If you put 10 people in a room, give them a problem, one person will emerge as the leader. Remove them and give the 9 remaining a problem another person will emerge, etc. While this works great in a room of 10 clued out people, how does a communist state of several million decide who the leader is?
And another thing...while communism and dictatorial regimes are not synonomous, why is it that communist states are basically run by dictators? Is this a fundamental problem with the ideals of communism? People by nature, just don't like to be treated like crap, but the only way to maintain the communist ideal is to beat it into the population?
Hmm..ive always pictured the state after the revolution something like this:
People are picked from birth to do a job needed by the people... all jobs are the same because they are not on a differing pay scale (doctors are the same as garbage men). This is a big deal to most capitalists, but you're looking through the capitalist mind set.. the a garbage guy is a lesser job than a doctor..
not true, in my world...we're all the same, we'll be treated the same. This will turn into a more productive and efficient system with everybody happy that they have everything they need.
I see a couple of flaws in your theory. First, how and when do you select people for their occupations. At what age can you tell someone should be a doctor vs a garbage man? What if things change along the way, how or equally important, who decides to switch occupations?
I want to make it clear that I don't believe that a garbage man is lesser than a doctor, but certainly the doctor requires a greater intelligence, drive, compassion and a whole different skill set than the gb. If one of my kids became a gb, I would certainly encourage him to face more challenge, but I really couldn't think anything less of him. My father was a bus driver for his working career. He was an incredibly intelligent man, and while he played the hand he was dealt, the always wanted, expected and demanded more from us.
I always wonder, granted in an ideal, utopic setting, that if communism is such a great thing, why has it not worked anywhere?

105All Things Election - Page 5 Empty Re: All Things Election Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:59 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

"Why can I understand Gille Ducept well and yet I cant make out 80% of what comes out of Dion's mouth? "

its was very difficult listening to Dion. not impossible.. but difficult.

106All Things Election - Page 5 Empty Re: All Things Election Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:01 pm

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Deank wrote:"Why can I understand Gille Ducept well and yet I cant make out 80% of what comes out of Dion's mouth? "

its was very difficult listening to Dion. not impossible.. but difficult.

Borat (Dion) was sure hard to understand and almost impossible to listen to. I find him so annoying.

107All Things Election - Page 5 Empty Re: All Things Election Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:07 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Dions accent was not an issue that I would use to base a vote on, but it made the discussion difficult to follow. And him as leader makes no never mind in my decision to vote or not for the Liberals.

Now the greens... I will definately not be voting for them based on May's performance. My god I can't for the life of me understand why they picked someone so..."flighty" as a leader. Can you imagine her as our actual PM? Christ it almost instantly reminder me of the Simpsons episode where Kang and Kodos were giving speeches to run for president.

108All Things Election - Page 5 Empty Re: All Things Election Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:14 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

I believe Dion's accent is French more so than Quebecois.

109All Things Election - Page 5 Empty Re: All Things Election Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:27 pm

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

grumpy old man wrote:I believe Dion's accent is French more so than Quebecois.

I found him very hard to understand.

110All Things Election - Page 5 Empty Re: All Things Election Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:59 pm

LivingDead

LivingDead
general-contributor
general-contributor

Goth_chic wrote:
grumpy old man wrote:I believe Dion's accent is French more so than Quebecois.

I found him very hard to understand.

I too found it very hard to understand what he was saying. How is he supposed to get his point across when myself and others don't understand.

I was disappointed in Harper, Why he sat there and took all the abuse was beyond me. I'm still voting Conservative though. all the others IMHO are bumbling fools.

111All Things Election - Page 5 Empty Re: All Things Election Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:03 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

His was a losing proposition. React to the baiting and possibly end up with a worst review.

112All Things Election - Page 5 Empty Re: All Things Election Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:06 pm

Anonymous

Harper didn't want to damage the laid-back sweater guy image that's being promoted (to make him more likeable).

Their rants didn't faze him at all and it looked like water off a duck's back.

113All Things Election - Page 5 Empty Re: All Things Election Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:08 pm

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Isn't Harper hiding something under his sweater?

114All Things Election - Page 5 Empty Re: All Things Election Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:30 pm

Electrician

Electrician
general-contributor
general-contributor

What does the Canadian electoral law say about handing over votes after the election? Can they (green to liberal) do it?
If yes, shouldn't the peeps get informed about this dilemma before the elections?

http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1416203996

115All Things Election - Page 5 Empty Re: All Things Election Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:31 pm

Electrician

Electrician
general-contributor
general-contributor

Goth_chic wrote:Isn't Harper hiding something under his sweater?
Is he pregnant?

116All Things Election - Page 5 Empty Re: All Things Election Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:32 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Good question. But, in my prediction I said the greens will not elect one soul. If I'm correct, the question then becomes moot.

117All Things Election - Page 5 Empty Re: All Things Election Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:53 pm

LivingDead

LivingDead
general-contributor
general-contributor

grumpy old man wrote:His was a losing proposition. React to the baiting and possibly end up with a worst review.

Yea.. It sure was. never easy to hit a debate with 4 others ganging up on you.

Gone are the days when the PM hopefuls actually debated instead of attack each others gaffe's. May should not have been included. What she had to say took away precious time from the real candidates in which to make their arguments.

118All Things Election - Page 5 Empty Re: All Things Election Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:56 pm

LivingDead

LivingDead
general-contributor
general-contributor

Goth_chic wrote:Isn't Harper hiding something under his sweater?

That is his Desert Eagle .50

All Things Election - Page 5 De50

119All Things Election - Page 5 Empty Re: All Things Election Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:56 pm

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I'm glad May was included I wanted to hear what she had to say.

120All Things Election - Page 5 Empty Re: All Things Election Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:02 pm

Anonymous

She talks faster than I can hear.

121All Things Election - Page 5 Empty Re: All Things Election Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:03 pm

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

JTF wrote:She talks faster than I can hear.

Well maybe try being sober for a change...Wink

122All Things Election - Page 5 Empty Re: All Things Election Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:06 pm

Electrician

Electrician
general-contributor
general-contributor

He WAS sober! That's why he couldn't understand a word she said.
It's just that "political agenda" again...
She just can't seem to find it...

123All Things Election - Page 5 Empty Re: All Things Election Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:08 pm

Anonymous

Touche and ouch. Smile
...but what I mean is that she talks in chapters rather than paragraphs...if you know what I mean...a bit scattered brain kinda'...

124All Things Election - Page 5 Empty Re: All Things Election Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:55 pm

LivingDead

LivingDead
general-contributor
general-contributor

JTF wrote:Touche and ouch. Smile
...but what I mean is that she talks in chapters rather than paragraphs...if you know what I mean...a bit scattered brain kinda'...
I agree with you.

And Dion speaks in non-objective abstract.

Layton speaks very well, Too bad his thoughts and policy makes no sense.

125All Things Election - Page 5 Empty Re: All Things Election Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:42 pm

darkwind

darkwind
contributor
contributor

LivingDead wrote:
I agree with you.

I think Layton is RUDE. He articulates well, but I wouldn't want his brash mannerisms in a PM.

Dion is very hard to understand. When he has the floor, and isn't part of a fray, he does well. But in any kind of discussion, he looks defensive and weak. "No! You're twisting my words around!" type thing. I think he said last night. "that has nothing to do with anything". Maybe true, but it comes across very negatively on camera.

I hated the debate format. All of them yelling all at once - I stopped trying to listen to those bits.

126All Things Election - Page 5 Empty Re: All Things Election Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:49 pm

LivingDead

LivingDead
general-contributor
general-contributor

darkwind wrote:
LivingDead wrote:
I agree with you.

I think Layton is RUDE. He articulates well, but I wouldn't want his brash mannerisms in a PM.

Dion is very hard to understand. When he has the floor, and isn't part of a fray, he does well. But in any kind of discussion, he looks defensive and weak. "No! You're twisting my words around!" type thing. I think he said last night. "that has nothing to do with anything". Maybe true, but it comes across very negatively on camera.

I hated the debate format. All of them yelling all at once - I stopped trying to listen to those bits.

Agreed the format was not very good.

I would like to see a debate with Layton, Dion and Harper with a different style of debate than the all attack one that was witnessed last night.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum