the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

All Things Election

+15
Triniman
darkwind
egomaniac
Goth_chic
libermom
FlyingRat
sputnik
nickelback
Electrician
AGEsAces
Freeman
Deank
Northlands
grumpy old man
LivingDead
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 14]

251All Things Election - Page 11 Empty Re: All Things Election Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:20 pm

That's possible and your probably right Dion would back too I guess but it doe's nothing to make me want to vote for either of them . We are asking them to run a country not be Grade 2 morons .

252All Things Election - Page 11 Empty Re: All Things Election Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:11 pm

LivingDead

LivingDead
general-contributor
general-contributor

Pavolo wrote:Didn't know he had wings, corks yes, big mouth yeppers
Red Bull gave him wings. Wink

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/youare

253All Things Election - Page 11 Empty Re: All Things Election Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:17 pm

LivingDead

LivingDead
general-contributor
general-contributor

JTF wrote:Jim...Dion is a goof....he shouldn't be PM because he cannot understand simple English.

He answered the question then realized it was a very weak answer and asked for a re-do....a couple of times...but his answer didn't get any better.

I mean, c'mon, if you were PM what would you do? That's a hard question? Gimme a break.

How about Tom Brodbeck today, his article on Bob Friesen the one running for the liberals in Charleswood-St.James. where he says that taxing carbon might not change people's behavier when it comes to emiting carbon.

Isn't that the basis of The Liberals Green Shift. to use it to help us to reduce our carbon emissions.

And you know what.. everyone in Ontario will still vote liberal, because they are SHEEP. bahhhh

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/youare

254All Things Election - Page 11 Empty Re: All Things Election Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:52 pm

Anonymous

Carbon Tax is a start but it needs to be brought in slowly it is better then nothing I quess .

255All Things Election - Page 11 Empty Re: All Things Election Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:55 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

No, maybe in this case nothing is better...

256All Things Election - Page 11 Empty Re: All Things Election Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:57 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Let's get our house of cards in order before we start playing around with such silly plans.

257All Things Election - Page 11 Empty Re: All Things Election Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:07 pm

Anonymous

There has to be refinement but you have to encourage people to use less and reward them for it . people only take things really seriously when it cost them money.

258All Things Election - Page 11 Empty Re: All Things Election Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:42 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

man .. with the dollar taking a nose dive,, I wonder if we are for a NDP majority???
scary as sh1t in a bucket tied to a thin thread over your head... but not nerely as scary as a Liberal majority

259All Things Election - Page 11 Empty Re: All Things Election Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:43 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

hmm.. how messed up is that when a Liberal Majority is scarier then a NDP majority?

260All Things Election - Page 11 Empty Re: All Things Election Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:38 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

I thought at one point the NDP would challenge the Liberals for the opposition in this election. Not so much anymore. Maybe the NDP and Liberals will split a few more votes, but the conservatives will win this election.

When the Liberals finally begin thinking about what went wrong they'll shed Dion so fast your head will spin. They will then elect a leader that will have a greater resonance with the average Canadian. We'll put up with four more years of an arrogant Harper and the Conservatives. Then the Liberals will win, a majority.

Sorry J2F. That's the way I see it.

261All Things Election - Page 11 Empty D'english for dummies Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:43 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

All Things Election - Page 11 Tab

262All Things Election - Page 11 Empty Re: All Things Election Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:57 am

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Would you guys please sit down and have a cup of coffee and relax. NDP Majority...my God. If you think the economy is fucked up now, let Jack Layton get a hold of it. The best answer to the economy is hold the course, stay steady and don't do anything rash or stupid. Its going to be a rough ride, but it will work through over the next 18 to 24 months. And no, I don't have any gold bars hidden under my bed.

263All Things Election - Page 11 Empty Re: All Things Election Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:58 am

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I love when a statement is made, and we are supposed to accept it as right, when it really is a lot of bullcrap!
No insult intended, but why do we have to accept the statement that we have to encourage people to use less, Jim?
Silly notion, eye think! not really a big deal , but we are all adults , except, possibly, myself!
We have a right to use whatever we want to use!
I think that we should all leave our cars running 24 hours a day, in order to try and warm up Winnipeg, so we do not have -35 degree whether, but I digress!!
Back to the election thing!
I have changed my mind about voting for Harper , after watching our Finance Minister, Jim Flaherty embarass Canada at the G-7 meeting!
He is shorter than the Asian guy, and shorter than Condoleesa Rice!
How embarassing!!

http://www.elansofas.com

264All Things Election - Page 11 Empty Re: All Things Election Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:17 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

So, a little controversy about this interview.

I believe that Dion could not understand the question (English - French thing?) and grew all the more frustrated as the interview progressed.

I think maybe this buffoon should not be the leader of the corner store much less Canada.

265All Things Election - Page 11 Empty Re: All Things Election Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:20 am

Anonymous

I disagree.

He answered the question and then thought about what he said and realized it was a very bad answer.....that being that he would call a summit meeting, blah, blah, blah....not a decisive plan as he has been saying he has. He then went for a do-over.

However, the question backed him into a corner, as he didn't have an answer. He then played the "what's the question card"...

If Dion isn't smart or intelligent enough to understand this simple question, then he has no damn business thinking he's capable of leading the country.

EDIT: he answers the question at 1:50 into the interview btw....he talks about his 30 day plan...thinks better about it and asks for a re-do.

266All Things Election - Page 11 Empty Re: All Things Election Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:32 pm

Electrician

Electrician
general-contributor
general-contributor

Freeman wrote: And no, I don't have any gold bars hidden under my bed.

Are there any bars around the dungeon?
Gold, no...
Chocolate, maybe...
Cocktail, uhm, Goth! The Dungeon's all dried up, needs a refill for Saturday
night.

The loony took a plunge, So in a day, calculating if I were to have lets say 300,000 Euros (CAD$ 440,000 a week ago), I'd now have CAD$ 474,000. So I'd be CAD$ 34,000 richer now.

It is weird though how the US$ is gaining strength while they are the ones with the biggest deficit. Did someone here maybe say "screw you" to G.W.B.?

http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1416203996

267All Things Election - Page 11 Empty Re: All Things Election Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:31 am

Anonymous

This from Stephen Harper , after all the man who's doing it tried to claim the tape was doctored. Well it ain't Stephen so now what are you going to say.
You got caught and I don't for a minute believe you are innocent your mentor would have done it in a heart beat, Brian .

Last edited by Pavolo on Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:32 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add)

268All Things Election - Page 11 Empty Re: All Things Election Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:40 am

Anonymous

This man Dion is by no way ready or leader material by the press standard , but he is not stupid just to bad most vote the way you look or speak or act. All of which can be controlled by the spin doctors. Just go's to show how easy and gullible people are we never look past the warts on the human race to see what is underneath.
I personally will vote for Steen only because he is better then Malloway , and god knows I hate his boss . Malloway is a lifer and I hate those provincial , federal , some cushy job . All that is wrong with the system .

269All Things Election - Page 11 Empty Re: All Things Election Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:16 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

It's time to vote folks...
All Things Election - Page 11 Dewar450

270All Things Election - Page 11 Empty Re: All Things Election Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:30 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

No truer words have been spoken... From the Winnipeg Sun LTEs.

We're leaderless

Re: Federal election.

I desperately want to vote for someone this election but it has become painfully obvious our choices are plainly pathetic.

A right-wing, pro-Bush, condescending dude who'll sell this country fast, or a bleeding heart, left-wing, big wind, little substance, moustache(sic) guy that will blindly allow the economy to tank while completely decimating the notion of personal responsibility and accountability. Or a wonderfully educated, unintelligible class nerd with the public persona of a wet noodle who commands absolutely no confidence as a possible leader.

This country is in terrible need of a real leader.

Jeff Leggat

New Westminster, B.C.

You got that right.
-------------------------------------------------------------
J2F, please fill in the missing "leaders"...

271All Things Election - Page 11 Empty Re: All Things Election Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:13 am

Anonymous

Amen on that when the US election seems to get more attention then ours.

272All Things Election - Page 11 Empty Re: All Things Election Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:28 am

Anonymous

How many of you think the use of Lawn signs should be limited or curtailed altogether. I feel they are not needed in this day and age Malloway should be ashamed of the way he overuses them and puts thein front of other candidate's signs .
If you are going to put them up remeber to take down the night of or the very next morning after the election .

273All Things Election - Page 11 Empty Re: All Things Election Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:53 pm

Anonymous

I think lawn signs are part of electioneering. No big deal.

Jim. Maloway's a jerk, so what do you expect?

274All Things Election - Page 11 Empty Re: All Things Election Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:04 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

I've no problem with lawn signs either. I'm delighted that people feel impassioned enough to demonstratively get involved.

275All Things Election - Page 11 Empty Re: All Things Election Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:06 pm

Electrician

Electrician
general-contributor
general-contributor

I don't care about the sign, one bit.
I'd just like to have a lawn...

http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1416203996

276All Things Election - Page 11 Empty Re: All Things Election Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:07 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Yeah, that's too bad. When were lawns abolished in Italy? Is it true that lawns were replaced by grape vines?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum