the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

All Things Election

+15
Triniman
darkwind
egomaniac
Goth_chic
libermom
FlyingRat
sputnik
nickelback
Electrician
AGEsAces
Freeman
Deank
Northlands
grumpy old man
LivingDead
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 14]

276All Things Election - Page 12 Empty Re: All Things Election Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:07 pm

grumpy old man

administrator
administrator

Yeah, that's too bad. When were lawns abolished in Italy? Is it true that lawns were replaced by grape vines?

277All Things Election - Page 12 Empty Re: All Things Election Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:08 pm

Electrician

Electrician
general-contributor
general-contributor

Grape vines are being replaced by corn and poplar trees.

http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1416203996

278All Things Election - Page 12 Empty Re: All Things Election Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:10 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Only the poplar trees? Isn't that discriminatory? Who cares for the unpoplar trees?

279All Things Election - Page 12 Empty Re: All Things Election Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:15 pm

Electrician

Electrician
general-contributor
general-contributor

Apparently, big bucks, something like 8000 times the investment over 8-10 years.

280All Things Election - Page 12 Empty Re: All Things Election Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:08 pm

Anonymous

281All Things Election - Page 12 Empty Re: All Things Election Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:24 pm

Electrician

Electrician
general-contributor
general-contributor

What are the CHP and COM parties?

282All Things Election - Page 12 Empty Re: All Things Election Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:33 pm

Anonymous

Christian Heritage Party and Communist Party of Canada the first Iam sure the other not sure.

283All Things Election - Page 12 Empty Re: All Things Election Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:40 pm

Electrician

Electrician
general-contributor
general-contributor

Will that 2006 election link be the same tomorrow?
What I meant was, will the results be the same?

Last edited by Electrician on Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarify.)

284All Things Election - Page 12 Empty Re: All Things Election Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:57 pm

Anonymous

My god it is time to do it vote after all the bs it is here.

285All Things Election - Page 12 Empty Re: All Things Election Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:28 pm

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I think I'll phone my NDP candidate and say that I need a ride to the polling place. Its at a school about 300 metres from my place, but I figure its the only thing I'll ever get out of the NDP since they've controlled this riding for the last 5 elections.

286All Things Election - Page 12 Empty Re: All Things Election Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:44 pm

Anonymous

When they pick you up, ask if they would mind dropping you off at the store for a moment before you go to vote. Do your week's shopping then ask them to help you with the bags.

287All Things Election - Page 12 Empty Re: All Things Election Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:06 pm

Anonymous

Yea they love that , tell them you are a good union guy and you need the help, then when the persons going to leave say thanks and give him . A copy of Brian's auto biography.

288All Things Election - Page 12 Empty Re: All Things Election Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:19 am

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I could hum "Solidarity Forever" on the ride over. LMAO

289All Things Election - Page 12 Empty Re: All Things Election Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:13 am

LivingDead

LivingDead
general-contributor
general-contributor

Today is the day..

Lets see if If the people of Canada have listened to reason or to the fearmongers.

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/youare

290All Things Election - Page 12 Empty Re: All Things Election Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:44 am

Anonymous

Or just don't care anymore , the fools have given me all the reasons to not believe to bad none gave me a sign to . it is the same old same old no one really sits down and jumps out to make me believe in them .
It is all hyperbole and smoke and mirrors just to put their party in power and keep the status quo no one really takes on the meat and potato issues . They do alot of promising and bs'ing tear each other apart , but do the same old same old when in the big house. I will probably vote for Steen as stated but it is not because I believe in the party just tired of NDP bs . See if Stephen can can do what he says he will or if it is more selling out the country .

291All Things Election - Page 12 Empty Re: All Things Election Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:07 am

Anonymous

Let Danton rot in a US prison. What crap?
On the other subject, Dijon is an idiot and Layton is a huckster. As far as Harper being a control freak, he's done a good job of controlling a minority government for the past 2 years.

Yes but why doe's the Prime Minister have to muzzle his own staff what has he to hide or not let us hear . Or could it be the Alberta agenda . Maybe it starts at the pumps gas that is .

Moved here from other thread where it did not belong.

292All Things Election - Page 12 Empty Re: All Things Election Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:09 am

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Who said he's hiding anything? This is just part of the hooey to paint Harper as the big bad guy? By the way, how is it that Dijon and Jerk Layton have such an open door environment? Haven't heard much from their underlings? Oh yeah, thats because they have never formed a government...but I guess they know whats best.

293All Things Election - Page 12 Empty Re: All Things Election Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:24 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

ooo ooo . one thing I caught on CBC last night was the interview with dion again.
A viewer sent in the question.
I see tons of attack ads from the NDP and Conservatives.. yet none from the Liberals, will you be advertising on TV this election?

Dion response, well our ads wont be attack ads and I dont watch TV that much but I am sure we have many ads out there.

EEE GADS!!! Talk about proof he is simply a caretaker Liberal leader. His own party does not even keep him in on the loop that they are not advertising on TV very much this election.

294All Things Election - Page 12 Empty Re: All Things Election Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:11 am

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

Pavolo wrote:Yes but why doe's the Prime Minister have to muzzle his own staff what has he to hide or not let us hear . Or could it be the Alberta agenda . Maybe it starts at the pumps gas that is .

Because the government is a business...and not everything that happens in a business needs to be "public" knowledge.

Sometimes, discussions are just brainstorming, or information gathering...but peon little aides assume it's decision making and start reporting the rumours. This doesn't help business...this doesn't help anyone...except that peon's ego...that they feel they've done something "big".

The other thing to keep in mind...is MANY of the times there is a BIG "release of information"...it's done intentionally...to gather reaction and generate discussion. It's done with the consent of a party or the PM as a means of bringing things to the forefront that would otherwise not be discussed.

http://www.photage.ca

295All Things Election - Page 12 Empty Re: All Things Election Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:05 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

anyone else notice the news release /article from Natives over the weekend?

apparently the Native leaders are upset because the new identification requirements will prevent many natives from voting today. Seemingly because they only come with whats in thier pockets and if they dont have ID they wont simply come back again with ID.

well a few things wrong with that, two of them being
1) Every single Native has legal ID, its called their Treaty card and is a perfectly legal form of identification
2) You dont need ID, you can have another voter who has ID swear that you are who you say you are.

296All Things Election - Page 12 Empty Re: All Things Election Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:23 pm

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

Great time to bring that up... on the weekend prior to election day....

297All Things Election - Page 12 Empty Re: All Things Election Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:41 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

ee gad.... talk about poor voter turnout so far at my polling station... less then 20%... I sure hope people start pouring in there now that they are getting home from work.

298All Things Election - Page 12 Empty Re: All Things Election Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:06 pm

libermom

libermom

so know any sites that are live blogging the election results from the polls in the east? yes, i know it is illegal.

299All Things Election - Page 12 Empty Re: All Things Election Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:09 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

I heard that there was a web site that would give you the running totals of the polls in your riding by keying in your postal code. The CBC News reported it. I'll see if I can find it.

300All Things Election - Page 12 Empty Re: All Things Election Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:14 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Here is the voting history for Winnipeg South Centre... Very interesting pattern.

* 1925 - CON
* 1926 - LIB
* 1930 - CON
* 1935-49 inclusive - LIB
* 1951 byelection to 1965 - PC
* 1968 - LIB
* 1972, 1974 - PC
* Since 1988 - LIB

301All Things Election - Page 12 Empty Re: All Things Election Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:33 pm

libermom

libermom

Well just talked to a family member down east so I know how many seats the parties have wone so far.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum