the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

City to steal more money from Winnnipeggers pockets AND shut the housing market down.

+9
GGF
Freeman
grumpy old man
EdWin
AGEsAces
sputnik
rosencrentz
holly golightly
Deank
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 8]

GGF

major-contributor
major-contributor

Thank you...Just doing my thing...Fed up with this Sammy and so much more...GGF

Did you see Sammy trying to add a tax on a tax in today's paper?

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

yup... but I see you already commented on it Smile

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Welcome to the sandbox GGF. I look forward to your interesting "stylings"...

GGF

GGF
major-contributor
major-contributor

Hey grumpy old man...
Thank You...spread the word...
And let's have ourselves a bit of fun...GGF

Anonymous

Yep this will really kill the housing market how Wpg , always thinking about cost.

GGF

GGF
major-contributor
major-contributor

Hey there Pav...Hello...We have to add the following slogan to Wpg....

Sammy...

S...Stole
A...All
M...My
M...Money
Y...Yesterday

"You steal I club you back"...GGF

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Does anyone seriously think that a $180 fee is going to slow down our "hot" housing market?

I don't see a problem with the fee, but I'm always sceptical when bureaucrats say they need to hire more people to do anything.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

its not the fee that will slow it down. but the impact of actually having to wait for the guys and the number of houses that will need to go through all the proper zoning ( fixes, tear downs, permit application processes) etc.

GGF

GGF
major-contributor
major-contributor

It's not just the fee in itself that's the problem...Pls check my other responses elsewhere and in relation to subject matter...GGF

Anonymous

Freeman wrote:Does anyone seriously think that a $180 fee is going to slow down our "hot" housing market?

I don't see a problem with the fee, but I'm always sceptical when bureaucrats say they need to hire more people to do anything.

The fee isn't going to slow things down but rather the time it will take to get a permit thingy.

With so few people working the line so to speak, it'll take months to get one...or longer.

ya beat me to it....

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Maybe thats why they are putting the onus on the buyer to produce it within 2 months of purchase, so that the sale is not delayed. Still, nothing says that the buy can't put a condition in the purchase agreement that the vendor pays for it and that the certifcate agrees with what the vendor says.

A little more work for the realtor, but what the hell, they're getting 7%.

GGF

GGF
major-contributor
major-contributor

Are you also ready to take the day(s) off work to go get the permit?

Because you may not know this...but unless you are "contractor" which the city will allow you to apply on line and pay for it etc...and as far as I am aware of...That service is not the same for residential homeowners...and also know as a matter of fact that you are always forced to go in and do something with that department otherwise it may take you years to satisfy that departments requirements...It is just the way that dept. works...ask anyone that has had to go through it and you will see...

That dept is the most dysfunctional Dept in Wpg and they are also always at war with the mayor etc because he tries to get them to do things that are virtually impossible under the current conditions and mainly under some of the present by-laws which I will pick on a major one at some later time...I nick named that by-law in particular "Sammy's Baby By-Law" and it is extremely dangerous to have here in Wpg...

What Sammy spins and what is truly going on are two very separate issues for those that know...At any rate...more at some other time...GGF

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

@ GGF OK, OK, I got it, you don't like the Mayor, but don't blame the outbreak of WWII on him.

The Planning Dept is pretty sad, but theres a lot of high priced help in there and what are they doing to improve things...not much.

PS Are you running for Mayor?

GGF

GGF
major-contributor
major-contributor

No but if people keep asking me that I might just have to...GGF

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Great, democracy in action. What would be your platform? What is your vision for the City?

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

ps I'm not asking.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

"but don't blame the outbreak of WWII on him."

can we blame his parents?

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Deank wrote:"but don't blame the outbreak of WWII on him."

can we blame his parents?

That would probably be fine.

GGF

GGF
major-contributor
major-contributor

Simple...If I was ever running which I am not at the moment my platform would be...

"Accountability" to the voters/taxpayers...Open books...Period....

Accountability from all our governments and transparency is what I am all about...and the starting point is with our municipal governments because they should be the easiest to achieve that with...

And for some of what is going on right now on the subject matter of "Accountability" check out the BBC world news and in the UK...Big government scandal happening right now involving their politicians personal expenses including criminal charges for 4 of them at the moment...Big one...and...

It is so important the reasons why "Democracies" are going to have to become more "Accountable" if they are to survive and what is happening in the UK is but one of the reasons...GGF

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Sam tried to make the council expenses more accountable and somewhat did, however many members of council were against it.

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

GGF wrote:Simple...If I was ever running which I am not at the moment my platform would be...

Accountability from all our governments and transparency is what I am all about...and the starting point is with our municipal governments because they should be the easiest to achieve that with...

And for some of what is going on right now on the subject matter of "Accountability" check out the BBC world news and in the UK...Big government scandal happening right now involving their politicians personal expenses including criminal charges for 4 of them at the moment...Big one...and...

It is so important the reasons why "Democracies" are going to have to become more "Accountable" if they are to survive and what is happening in the UK is but one of the reasons...GGF

What portion of the total city budget is made up of personal expenses of the elected officials?

GGF

GGF
major-contributor
major-contributor

It's there and I don't know what the true #'s are...I have other things to do and worry about right now...and for the record...Opening the books is the actual ability to track money coming from a to b to c and back and so forth and not what governments show us now which is usually a total somewhere...I want to see the detail fine print like auditors see and I would let all the public see...True Accountability...GGF

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Freeman wrote:
GGF wrote:Simple...If I was ever running which I am not at the moment my platform would be...

What portion of the total city budget is made up of personal expenses of the elected officials?

ZERO

they are not allowed to put personal expense on city credit cards even if they are paying them back the next day. They must have a proven city reason to be able to expense it or use city credit cards.

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

GGF wrote:It's there and I don't know what the true #'s are...I have other things to do and worry about right now...and for the record...Opening the books is the actual ability to track money coming from a to b to c and back and so forth and not what governments show us now which is usually a total somewhere...I want to see the detail fine print like auditors see and I would let all the public see...True Accountability...GGF

Could be some privacy issues with that, as well as the increased cost of making that much detail available to the public. Of course, the benefit vs cost has to be considered.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

I am not sure what exactly people think is not available? how much they spent on a specific load of gravel? Isn't good enough to know that X million was spent on gravel per project?

GGF

GGF
major-contributor
major-contributor

Yup...Once you know where every load of gravel went etc...You now can scrutinize gov. and make them accountable...Period...Governments have been using the big numbers to hide behind for years which do not ever tell the whole story...

The details are in the small numbers which auditors look at some but never all and it is where most of the government waste is...and those are the numbers I want the public have access to...which will then help the public make governments "Accountable" back to the tax paying public...

I can 100% guarantee anyone that once the fine details become public...There will be some in the public that will make a "sport of it" to go over the numbers and I would love to see what they would come up with...It would make our governments squirm to say the least...and...

And my final point is that the technology is there for governments to start providing these details...Hell I'll even tell anyone that the information is already there on data bases with the government but the public cannot access it...and those that get to see the data are employees who are bond by-law to not talk about it etc regardless of with the new whistle blower legislation or not etc...Hell look at what's happening with the independent consulting firm and Hydro and the lengths Hydro is going to prevent it from going public...The are many details in that report that could make everyone squirm at Hydro or with the Province...None the less...For most of what I am talking about in terms of the fine details...You almost have to be an accountant or at the very least have a decent understanding about accounting and how accounting works etc...GGF

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum