the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Its now september... do you know where your new stadium is?

+9
EdWin
AGEsAces
grumpy old man
JT Estoban
umcrouc0
eastsider
LivingDead
FlyingRat
Deank
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

what will this month hold for a new stadium?

Its now september... do you know where your new stadium is? - Page 2 Vote_lcap7%Its now september... do you know where your new stadium is? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 7% [ 1 ]
Its now september... do you know where your new stadium is? - Page 2 Vote_lcap60%Its now september... do you know where your new stadium is? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 60% [ 9 ]
Its now september... do you know where your new stadium is? - Page 2 Vote_lcap33%Its now september... do you know where your new stadium is? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 33% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 15

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Deank

contributor eminence
contributor eminence

JTF wrote: Or, wtf kind of deal was it to begin with?

I have been wondering that same thing since this is now he third failure.

LivingDead

LivingDead
general-contributor
general-contributor

JTF wrote:naw...

but my can't-believe-those-stupid-fcuken-people meter is about to bust though....Smile

Its now september... do you know where your new stadium is? - Page 2 Stupid-People-Posters

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/youare

Anonymous

Apparently, they do have a Plan B....which is to do it themselves...over time.

This should have been Plan A.

Fcuken dumbass board has it backwards again.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Yeah. But I can imagine them fricking that up BIG time. We'll end up with a piss-poor stadium and a piss-poor retail complex. No one will make any money. Everyone will be unhappy.

Much like the Bomber board today. They can't figure out what to do about that pervert in the Hall of Fame and they hired this most ignorant coach in the whole entire world.

Mark my words. They will frick this up. The taxpayer will end up paying much more in the long run.

Anonymous

Again, it gets down to this board. They have to be replaced with people with integrity and a few (at least) brain cells.

LivingDead

LivingDead
general-contributor
general-contributor

Why is nobody asking why the other proposal is not being re-considered? The one proposed by Leo of CanadInns ?
I liked his idea the best. why not revisit it?

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/youare

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

the board appears to have signed some sort of Worship David Asper deal, whereby he gets to pull stuff out of his ass and they get to sniff it and say it smells like roses.

umcrouc0

umcrouc0
contributor plus
contributor plus

LivingDead wrote:Why is nobody asking why the other proposal is not being re-considered? The one proposed by Leo of CanadInns ?
I liked his idea the best. why not revisit it?

Seems like the most logical thing to do. If Asper can't meet his deadline, give Leo the chance to get his stuff in order. Whoever can get their plan actually really to start construction first wins.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

We really need to have that board 'splain itself in this matter. Seems they are unaccountable to anyone. You know. Like politicians and Indian chiefs.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

at least with politicians and chiefs were occasionally get to pretend we voted for them. How does "the community" own a team and no one get to vote?

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

JTF wrote:Apparently, they do have a Plan B....which is to do it themselves...over time.

This should have been Plan A.

Fcuken dumbass board has it backwards again.

wait a minute.. their plan B... is the orginal PLAN A from asper, Jesus Fricken Hell, whats wrong with these people?

Anonymous

grumpy old man wrote:We really need to have that board 'splain itself in this matter. Seems they are unaccountable to anyone. You know. Like politicians and Indian chiefs.
At least we elect those guys...who annoints appoints the board anyway?

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

I asked that question on the Bomber Forum. "How exactly does a "community" own a team? Who appoints the board to safeguard the team for the community?" No response.

But here is what one of those pompous a$$holes wrote when the board was discussed on another thread. The question was "Where can one find the Board of Directors listing?".

by bannonadmin
All someone has to do is pick up a media guide, and the Board is listed even with pictures!

If this thread is going to be about bashing the board, then it'll end quickly, let's not forget that it was this board that saved the Blue Bombers from near death a few years ago, remember that when your taking pot shots at a group of Volunteers who you know won't respond.

Remember that when you type tough and bash those that give up their time to help build a future for the Football Club

Remember that when you take low blows at a group of dedicated individuals that are involved of the business side of the organization not the Football Side.

Remember that we don't open others people's mail here, you have a question, it' 2009 use email, we'll ensure it gets to who it needs to get to. Don't make excuses or blame our Receptionsists again, as their easy targets.

bannonadmin is an employee of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. Looks like the mods at that site have taken their people handling lessons from mike kelly.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

grumpy old man wrote:I asked that question on the Bomber Forum. "How exactly does a "community" own a team? Who appoints the board to safeguard the team for the community?" No response.

But here is what one of those pompous a$$holes wrote when the board was discussed on another thread. The question was "Where can one find the Board of Directors listing?".

by bannonadmin
All someone has to do is pick up a media guide, and the Board is listed even with pictures!

If this thread is going to be about bashing the board, then it'll end quickly, let's not forget that it was this board that saved the Blue Bombers from near death a few years ago, remember that when your taking pot shots at a group of Volunteers who you know won't respond.

Remember that when you type tough and bash those that give up their time to help build a future for the Football Club

Remember that when you take low blows at a group of dedicated individuals that are involved of the business side of the organization not the Football Side.

Remember that we don't open others people's mail here, you have a question, it' 2009 use email, we'll ensure it gets to who it needs to get to. Don't make excuses or blame our Receptionsists again, as their easy targets.

bannonadmin is an employee of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. Looks like the mods at that site have taken their people handling lessons from mike kelly.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Do note that there was not even a scintilla of negative commentary towards the board or the Bombers on that thread.

Anonymous

Does anyone know of any new revenue streams that are to result from a new stadium being built?

The reason I ask is because this entire thing seems to be predicated on needing these new streams for thew club to servive, according to the board.

http://www.bluebombers.com/uploads/assets/WPG/08_site_photos/2008%20annual%20report%5B1%5D.pdf

Looking forward, we are confident that we continue to have sufficient
financial resources to sustain operations in the short term, and we continue
to believe that over the longer term, we will continue to be challenged by
fluctuating revenues combined with rising operating expenses, an aging
stadium and limited new revenue opportunities. For these reasons, your
football club is continuing to support and pursue a strategic initiative that
will result in a new stadium, related new revenue streams, and, in turn, long
term financial viability and sustainability of professional CFL football in our

city and our province.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Yeah. They will build retail on the stadium grounds. That's my point. These asshats can't manage a football team but they want to develop and manage retail?

Anonymous

Why don't they sell the land to the highest bidder and take the money and build it themselves?

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

The land is owned by the city. I understand they might get $15 mill for it. Won't build much of a stadium for that kind of change.

Anonymous

I didn't say it would pay for the entire project.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Didn't say it wouldn't neither. So there.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

They are also going to get increased revenue from having sports bar(s) built into the stadium that people will go to. Especially since it will be stumbling distance home for the UofM residents.

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

see...if they had planned this correctly...they should have had IKEA build a new Stadium with retail shopping, and then IKEA gets the old stadium grounds and the old arena grounds to build a new IKEA and some other retail stuff on.

The public gets to keep the Bombers, the board can hire a retail management group to manage the new building & retail space, let Asper build a new hotel on the new stadium grounds, and everybody wins. (except me, cause the IKEA will be 10 minutes closer to my house...which means my wife will be shopping there more often Wink)

http://www.photage.ca

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

I don't think IKEA could build on that location. Not enough parking... Smile

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

If they had both sites...there would be plenty....they might even splurge and build a bridge to the mall next to the parkade by the movie theater...then people could park in the parkade there and walk to either Smile.

http://www.photage.ca

JT Estoban

JT Estoban
major-contributor
major-contributor

The only issue I think anyone would have with Age's plan, would be Canadins @ polo....then again, with his new water park at that location, Leo might have the leg up.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum