the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Two WPS cars collide.

+6
LivingDead
AGEsAces
Electrician
FlyingRat
grumpy old man
Deank
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

26Two WPS cars collide. - Page 2 Empty Re: Two WPS cars collide. Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:23 pm

Bartron

major-contributor
major-contributor

LivingDead wrote:
Bartron wrote:LivingDead, you know the rail lingo, you work for the railway?

At one time I could list every subdivision on the CN from Quebec City to Vancouver and up to Prince Rupert.

So your a Railfan? AKA foamer! Shocked

27Two WPS cars collide. - Page 2 Empty Re: Two WPS cars collide. Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:20 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

LivingDead wrote:
Pavolo wrote:The news said or made mention that the results of the investigation would take 2 or 3 months is this foot dragging or what , they can tell autopac what happened at my crash in 24 hours

Well you know... The police officers involved in the accident need to have their shop steward present before any questioning, Union rules. They need to make an appointment to get him there which should take 2 to 3 weeks. Then he will decide it is in the officers interest to have a union lawyer present, which will take another 2 to 3 weeks to schedule.

Then they will take drug/alcohol test after the lawyer is present. By that time there will be no trace in their systems. Wink

And that my friends is how it works.

so.. how long before the WPS is disbanned ala the ESP?

28Two WPS cars collide. - Page 2 Empty Re: Two WPS cars collide. Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:14 am

Anonymous

Regards to this crash, I got the impression from what was said at the news conference that one of the cars wasn't supposed to be in that area.

It's not unheard of for cops to be doing personal business, but at that hour of the morning, it's hard to understand what they may have been doing. Just a thought...anyone else pick up that vib from the cop-conference?

29Two WPS cars collide. - Page 2 Empty Re: Two WPS cars collide. Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:17 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

wha the hell??

"I don't think it's the time right now to start questioning our officers' actions." "
http://www.winnipegsun.com/News/Winnipeg/2008/11/06/7320436-sun.html
umm why not? If it were anyone else they would have been questioned already.

30Two WPS cars collide. - Page 2 Empty Re: Two WPS cars collide. Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:22 am

Anonymous

Will these cops all forget what happened? (Just to be consistant of course).

31Two WPS cars collide. - Page 2 Empty Re: Two WPS cars collide. Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:35 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

well you know how traumatic a car accident can be. It can make you forget stuff even when the doctors say it should not.
Sheesh, unless they were drunk or stoned.. its an accident, whats to cover up? small reprimand and all done.

32Two WPS cars collide. - Page 2 Empty Re: Two WPS cars collide. Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:50 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

so... when someone dies in an accident when they are not a cop.. we can immediatly start questioning if they were drunk or if speed played a factor.

http://www.winnipegsun.com/News/Manitoba/2008/11/06/7320451-sun.html

yet when a cop is involved we cant even think of trying to discover what went wrong until such time as they are healed.

http://www.winnipegsun.com/News/Winnipeg/2008/11/06/7320436-sun.html

33Two WPS cars collide. - Page 2 Empty Re: Two WPS cars collide. Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:11 pm

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

Based on the description of the Charleswood accident, that driver sped through a school zone, to boot. Good for him!

34Two WPS cars collide. - Page 2 Empty Re: Two WPS cars collide. Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:14 pm

Anonymous

Is this what is called being held to a higher standard? scratch

To the cops it must mean that "higher" means "different" eh, and they get to say what is appropriate.

This is complete BULLSHIT!!!

35Two WPS cars collide. - Page 2 Empty Re: Two WPS cars collide. Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:16 pm

Anonymous

FlyingRat wrote:Based on the description of the Charleswood accident, that driver sped through a school zone, to boot. Good for him!

School Zone = 3:20 am I don't see the problem.

Besides, we don't have restricted or reduced speeds in our schools zones anyhoo.

36Two WPS cars collide. - Page 2 Empty Re: Two WPS cars collide. Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:19 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

I am more pissed that we know the details of the crash in Charleswood so much, but the police crash we know virtually nothing. How is that possible? Are police not better trained to remember details of events then common citizens?

Time for our new chief to step up to the plate and put things out in the open. Proove there is not thin blue line and proove it now.

37Two WPS cars collide. - Page 2 Empty Re: Two WPS cars collide. Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:20 pm

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

Speed zones are not time dependent - that's why the commissionaires can photo-ticket people on Sundays in school zones.

38Two WPS cars collide. - Page 2 Empty Re: Two WPS cars collide. Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:25 pm

Anonymous

...heh...and I understand also at make-believe constructions sites. Wink

39Two WPS cars collide. - Page 2 Empty Re: Two WPS cars collide. Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:27 pm

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

true that!

40Two WPS cars collide. - Page 2 Empty Re: Two WPS cars collide. Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:55 pm

Electrician

Electrician
general-contributor
general-contributor

Like getting a ticket on a snow route... in July...

http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1416203996

41Two WPS cars collide. - Page 2 Empty Re: Two WPS cars collide. Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:46 pm

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

So what more do we need to know? Two police cars collided. One was involved in a pursuit. Much damage, 4 highly paid cops suffering relatively minor injuries and hopefully able to return to work quickly as not to be drawing pay while being laid up somewhere.

What is this "right to know" that everyone is worried about? Come on, relax.

42Two WPS cars collide. - Page 2 Empty Re: Two WPS cars collide. Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:54 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

The right to know is mostly a goose and gander kinda thing. If the police can provide significant details about a traffic accident in Charleswood then the public expects the same type of information when the police are involved. Was speed an issue? The police released that info very quickly in the Charleswood matter. Not so much here eh?

Were the police involved in a chase? I want to know about such things as I don't always agree with their methodology. As a taxpaying citizen I seek such answers. I demand them actually. And feel very strongly Freeman that I am entitled to them.

I also am a little offended when told to "come on, relax". You may not feel citizens are not entitled to that info. Fine. Debate it but don't tell me to relax.

43Two WPS cars collide. - Page 2 Empty Re: Two WPS cars collide. Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:09 pm

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

The accident happened overnight and the press reports are based on the morning press briefing. The "relax" refers to allowing time to find out what happened. The guys were still in hospital. The article says that one of the cars was involved in a chase and that the other vehicle was able to evade as a result of the collision.

In both cases, police state that they would not speculate until investigations were complete. The only comment on the Charleswood accident was that speed was a factor because the vehicle became airborne. Lets not wait to find out any facts before we start speculating.

44Two WPS cars collide. - Page 2 Empty Re: Two WPS cars collide. Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:13 pm

Anonymous

Tend to agree they should release all the facts now as this is a simple traffic accident. Screw the union the chief can interview with out them .

45Two WPS cars collide. - Page 2 Empty Re: Two WPS cars collide. Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:19 pm

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Deank wrote:so... when someone dies in an accident when they are not a cop.. we can immediatly start questioning if they were drunk or if speed played a factor.

http://www.winnipegsun.com/News/Manitoba/2008/11/06/7320451-sun.html

Am I reading the same article? The police comment was that it was too early in the investigation to comment is alcohol was a factor. Speed, yes, going airborne anytime, let alone on a residential street would be indicative of excessive speed.

46Two WPS cars collide. - Page 2 Empty Re: Two WPS cars collide. Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:39 pm

Anonymous

I never heard booze was considered in the Charleswood crash but hard to believe it wasn't.

47Two WPS cars collide. - Page 2 Empty Re: Two WPS cars collide. Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:40 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Freeman wrote:Speed, yes, going airborne anytime, let alone on a residential street would be indicative of excessive speed.
I'd argue so too is the total write-off of two reinforced police cars. Excessive speed is wrong police or no. Obviously the police officers were not using proper care and control. That is paramount in such actions.

Heck the police won't even say if lights and siren were on. Don't forget cars have the equivalency of a little black box. The police know how fast the cars were going -- both of the police cars and the Charleswood car.

48Two WPS cars collide. - Page 2 Empty Re: Two WPS cars collide. Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:54 pm

Anonymous

Sure they do but as was said the union and the rules of the contract kick in so we will be the last to know. We will get the truth but it will take time . Which is more then we can ask of our leaders.

49Two WPS cars collide. - Page 2 Empty Re: Two WPS cars collide. Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:31 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

The UNION??? WTF? They have NO standing. This is a police investigation NOT an HR exercise. There is a double standard at play here. The sooner that is eliminated the sooner the public will trust the police again.

50Two WPS cars collide. - Page 2 Empty Re: Two WPS cars collide. Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:07 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

"The police comment was that it was too early in the investigation to comment is alcohol was a factor"
dont hear them saying anything at all like that about thier own accident do you?

51Two WPS cars collide. - Page 2 Empty Re: Two WPS cars collide. Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:13 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

according to one prominant local blogger the cops were street racing.
http://jimmycotton.blogspot.com/2008/11/cops-were-street-racing.html

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum