the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Two WPS cars collide.

+6
LivingDead
AGEsAces
Electrician
FlyingRat
grumpy old man
Deank
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Two WPS cars collide. Empty Two WPS cars collide. Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:36 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

wow.. those cars are messed up good.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/breakingnews/story/4245985p-4889058c.html

I hope the officers end up alright.

2Two WPS cars collide. Empty Re: Two WPS cars collide. Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:51 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Looks like one was following the other too closely. Time to head back to the police academy for a refresher driving course me thinks.

Just proves sh1t happens. I hope the police remember this the next time they pull someone over and begin lecturing the driver on his/her poor driving habits...

3Two WPS cars collide. Empty Re: Two WPS cars collide. Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:59 pm

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

Was alcohol involved? They usually say if it is not suspected as a factor.....

4Two WPS cars collide. Empty Re: Two WPS cars collide. Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:04 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Yeah... I find it interesting how there are no details available about if they were in pursuit of a suspect or following car or anything, seems to me that information would be very readily available. .

Hmm.. maybe its police wars like cops from different areas of the city arguing over turf? heh...

5Two WPS cars collide. Empty Re: Two WPS cars collide. Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:22 pm

Electrician

Electrician
general-contributor
general-contributor

They were racing to McDonalds...

http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1416203996

6Two WPS cars collide. Empty Re: Two WPS cars collide. Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:25 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

great ..now I need a big mac... jerk...

hah take this.. HOT APPLE PIE!!!

7Two WPS cars collide. Empty Re: Two WPS cars collide. Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:27 pm

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

There's a Tim's only a few blocks away.

http://www.photage.ca

8Two WPS cars collide. Empty Re: Two WPS cars collide. Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:27 pm

Electrician

Electrician
general-contributor
general-contributor

Go play with a WPS bumper car!

9Two WPS cars collide. Empty Re: Two WPS cars collide. Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:18 pm

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

Deank wrote:great ..now I need a big mac... jerk...

hah take this.. HOT APPLE PIE!!!

It would be cold be the time he arrived to take that...

10Two WPS cars collide. Empty Re: Two WPS cars collide. Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:29 pm

Electrician

Electrician
general-contributor
general-contributor

My poor liver... I'm on a McDonalds lunch diet, collecting cards to win prizes...
I have to take a medium or large coke, or a large fries.
They jipped me twice though, saying they ran out of the cups and containers that have the cards stuck on them...
I'm going for the 40" Sony Bravia, but I can accept a Chevy Captiva anyday...
Maybe these posts should go under the food and drug administration. I mean the food and drinks....

Last edited by Electrician on Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : maybe)

11Two WPS cars collide. Empty Re: Two WPS cars collide. Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:39 pm

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

Electrician wrote:My poor liver... I'm on a McDonalds lunch diet, collecting cards to win prizes...
I have to take a medium or large coke, or a large fries.
They jipped me twice though, saying they ran out of the cups and containers that have the cards stuck on them...
I'm going for the 40" Sony Bravia, but I can accept a Chevy Captiva anyday...
Maybe these posts should go under the food and drug administration. I mean the food and drinks....
Do you have to actually eat the food product to win the prize?

12Two WPS cars collide. Empty Re: Two WPS cars collide. Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:43 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

that would be wasteful to simply throw the food out.

13Two WPS cars collide. Empty Re: Two WPS cars collide. Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:48 pm

LivingDead

LivingDead
general-contributor
general-contributor

FlyingRat wrote:Was alcohol involved? They usually say if it is not suspected as a factor.....

Friends of mine who work on the railway say that if they have an accident they are automatically tested for drugs and alcohol. No, if and or but. 0 tolerance.

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/youare

14Two WPS cars collide. Empty Re: Two WPS cars collide. Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:50 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

railway yes... police officers no...

15Two WPS cars collide. Empty Re: Two WPS cars collide. Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:57 pm

Anonymous

Yes Tman can vouch for that the same in Fort Mcmurray according to the nieghbors freind working there.

16Two WPS cars collide. Empty Re: Two WPS cars collide. Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:11 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

seems a little messed up when our railway workers undergo mandatory testing but our police officers who are there to uphold the law dont.

But from a company perspective (CN) you sure would want to make sure who is responsible from a financial view.

17Two WPS cars collide. Empty Re: Two WPS cars collide. Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:33 pm

Bartron

Bartron
major-contributor
major-contributor

Deank wrote:seems a little messed up when our railway workers undergo mandatory testing but our police officers who are there to uphold the law dont.

But from a company perspective (CN) you sure would want to make sure who is responsible from a financial view.

I'm a Conductor at CP, and that is absolutely correct, if we derail, or hit a car or kill someone we get drug tested.

18Two WPS cars collide. Empty Re: Two WPS cars collide. Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:23 pm

Anonymous

Sounds like they were on a chase but wonder why one did not know where the other was . This will be interesting to hear the final results of the inquiry.

19Two WPS cars collide. Empty Re: Two WPS cars collide. Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:54 pm

LivingDead

LivingDead
general-contributor
general-contributor

Bartron wrote:
Deank wrote:seems a little messed up when our railway workers undergo mandatory testing but our police officers who are there to uphold the law dont.

I'm a Conductor at CP, and that is absolutely correct, if we derail, or hit a car or kill someone we get drug tested.

Like you in the running trades, Fleet maintainers, Track maintainers, Foremen etc... anyone who get into an accident with company property or on company property gets tested. Even contractors like speno, sperry, pandrol-jackson, and Loram, get tested, and they also get random tested through out the year.

I think WFS, WPS, and paramedics should all undergo random testing. Testing immediately following an shooting/accident should also be performed. These people are in a safety sensitive position that can effect civilians.

20Two WPS cars collide. Empty Re: Two WPS cars collide. Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:59 pm

Bartron

Bartron
major-contributor
major-contributor

LivingDead, you know the rail lingo, you work for the railway?

21Two WPS cars collide. Empty Re: Two WPS cars collide. Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:06 pm

Anonymous

Yes it is only fair to the police and the citzens that this be started , the association has fought it tooth and nail before . But it is time to start it .

22Two WPS cars collide. Empty Re: Two WPS cars collide. Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:08 pm

LivingDead

LivingDead
general-contributor
general-contributor

Bartron wrote:LivingDead, you know the rail lingo, you work for the railway?

At one time I could list every subdivision on the CN from Quebec City to Vancouver and up to Prince Rupert.

23Two WPS cars collide. Empty Re: Two WPS cars collide. Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:14 pm

Anonymous

The news said or made mention that the results of the investigation would take 2 or 3 months is this foot dragging or what , they can tell autopac what happened at my crash in 24 hours

24Two WPS cars collide. Empty Re: Two WPS cars collide. Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:20 pm

LivingDead

LivingDead
general-contributor
general-contributor

Pavolo wrote:The news said or made mention that the results of the investigation would take 2 or 3 months is this foot dragging or what , they can tell autopac what happened at my crash in 24 hours

Well you know... The police officers involved in the accident need to have their shop steward present before any questioning, Union rules. They need to make an appointment to get him there which should take 2 to 3 weeks. Then he will decide it is in the officers interest to have a union lawyer present, which will take another 2 to 3 weeks to schedule.

Then they will take drug/alcohol test after the lawyer is present. By that time there will be no trace in their systems. Wink

And that my friends is how it works.

25Two WPS cars collide. Empty Re: Two WPS cars collide. Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:23 pm

Bartron

Bartron
major-contributor
major-contributor

LivingDead wrote:
Bartron wrote:LivingDead, you know the rail lingo, you work for the railway?

At one time I could list every subdivision on the CN from Quebec City to Vancouver and up to Prince Rupert.

So your a Railfan? AKA foamer! Shocked

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum