the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Good use of the taZer

+6
grumpy old man
LivingDead
Electrician
rosencrentz
Freeman
Deank
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26Good use of the taZer - Page 2 Empty Re: Good use of the taZer Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:32 pm

Deank

contributor eminence
contributor eminence

where were these reports of boot to the head?

27Good use of the taZer - Page 2 Empty Re: Good use of the taZer Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:46 pm

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

Deank wrote:where were these reports of boot to the head?

Haven't you ever seen "Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins"?

Very Happy

http://www.photage.ca

28Good use of the taZer - Page 2 Empty Re: Good use of the taZer Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:57 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

I've heard them twice now. The most recent on CBC news tonight.

29Good use of the taZer - Page 2 Empty Re: Good use of the taZer Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:05 am

Anonymous

Wonder if it was Native Officers on the reaserve .

not when the police forces have appropriate use rules.

They do since the last time every amature in the contry cried. The policy is being refined since .
So All of the amatures who sit at home while the cops deal with the trash will be happy that they have done their bit. And don;t have to face the nut case themselves.

30Good use of the taZer - Page 2 Empty Re: Good use of the taZer Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:59 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

That is a specious argument Pav. To condemn a police officer for excessive use of force does not always invite cries of amateur and cowardice.

Yes the cops have a tough job. And I would not want to do that job. So what? If I see an injustice or worse by police I will speak up.

The police make mistakes just like we all make mistakes. I should no more condemn one before more facts are in than one should defend them ad nauseam. Especially when that defence calls one's character into question.

31Good use of the taZer - Page 2 Empty Re: Good use of the taZer Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:52 am

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

G.O.M. - the whole idea of waiting for the facts before condemning , is absolutely ridiculous!

That idea goes completely against everything that I have seen on these types of posts!

And quoting bullcrap % etc is all in the fun!

http://www.elansofas.com

32Good use of the taZer - Page 2 Empty Re: Good use of the taZer Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:02 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

9 out 10 doctors agree that 93% of rosies posts are hazardous for your health but entertaining!

33Good use of the taZer - Page 2 Empty Re: Good use of the taZer Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:10 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

34Good use of the taZer - Page 2 Empty Re: Good use of the taZer Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:39 pm

Anonymous

Just pointing out none of us where there we condem via the paper , and hopefully we understand how inacurate it can be .

If you saw it and reported what you saw then go for it ., but comeon every time the police are wrong give it a rest .

35Good use of the taZer - Page 2 Empty Re: Good use of the taZer Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:44 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Give what a rest? You think some of us jump on the police mercilessly every chance we get. I think some defend the police every chance they get...

Did I sum it up about right?

36Good use of the taZer - Page 2 Empty Re: Good use of the taZer Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:13 pm

Anonymous

Not really I just like to do my condemming after the facts are all out not on the word of a drunk who was at the scene . I then condem who needs to be, sometimes the way people on here jump it is like every thing the police supposedly do has gotta to be true .
No offence just a point thats all , after all the family of the accused are not the best wittness, but they are all the press take seriously .

37Good use of the taZer - Page 2 Empty Re: Good use of the taZer Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:18 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

pav... thats because the police refuse to talk all the time.. anytime.
I know another organization like that.. where not matter what the crime the prime witnesses refuse to talk.

38Good use of the taZer - Page 2 Empty Re: Good use of the taZer Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:20 pm

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

Deank wrote:thats because the police refuse to talk all the time.. anytime.
Except when they are not supposed to talk... then they spill the beans

39Good use of the taZer - Page 2 Empty Re: Good use of the taZer Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:49 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

The witness in this case was a twelve year old girl. Not the drunk suggested. And sure she is family. Does that mean she is not to be believed?

It is possible the action of the police here was warranted. It is also possible the cop was a little exuberant and got carried away.

40Good use of the taZer - Page 2 Empty Re: Good use of the taZer Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:51 pm

Anonymous

Thats because when the matter is before the brass and there is a complaint filed they are not allowed to comment , which the badly beaten persons lawyer takes full advantage of in the press.
Funny how most of those have a price which is quicker then going to court and losing untold dollars to fight all of them. You never hear from them after that. Boy the pain when they are proven wrong .
Yes the police do wrong just not every time they respond to a call . Hope you know a 12 yr olds testimony is not usable in a cival case

41Good use of the taZer - Page 2 Empty Re: Good use of the taZer Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:54 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

since when is a 12 year olds statement not usable?

42Good use of the taZer - Page 2 Empty Re: Good use of the taZer Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:00 pm

Anonymous

Since she is a minor and can not be trusted to testify without predjudice in the matter involving family .

43Good use of the taZer - Page 2 Empty Re: Good use of the taZer Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:01 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

hmm.. I thought that was 6 and under...

44Good use of the taZer - Page 2 Empty Re: Good use of the taZer Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:39 pm

Anonymous

In a domestic dispute she would get chewed up by a smart lawyer . Which is what this is so far, till more comes out

45Good use of the taZer - Page 2 Empty Re: Good use of the taZer Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:17 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

A judge would never let a lawyer "chew her up"...

46Good use of the taZer - Page 2 Empty Re: Good use of the taZer Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:41 pm

Anonymous

A judge would never allow her in , maybe private with a judge and social worker even this is doubtfull .

47Good use of the taZer - Page 2 Empty Re: Good use of the taZer Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:32 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

so what you are saying is that any child under 12 is free to be abused as there testimony is worthless?

48Good use of the taZer - Page 2 Empty Re: Good use of the taZer Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:57 pm

egomaniac

egomaniac

Freeman wrote:Hmmm. four Mounties, surrounded by 75 to 100, mostly drunk, but obviously hostile people, fear of grevious bodily harm. Sounds like use of deadly force could be justified. Thank god they had tazers.
You know, as a kid i wanted to be a cop one day. I went to high school and looked into it. Apparantly, at the time they needed people with no visual imparment. Because i wear glasses and can't see at all without them i didn't bother applying.
Now i say "THANK GOD"... who knows what bullet i'd take or how many times i'd be stabbed.
Im really scared for cops these days.

http://www.chrisgauthier.com

49Good use of the taZer - Page 2 Empty Re: Good use of the taZer Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:00 pm

egomaniac

egomaniac

Deank wrote:so what you are saying is that any child under 12 is free to be abused as there testimony is worthless?
I was watching Dr. Phil the other day... he had a man there who was accused (by his wife) of being sexual with his own daughter. They took him to a professional lie detector test where he was judged 'being deceptive' on all the questions.

How accurate are these lie detector tests... i don't think they are convictable proof, are they?

http://www.chrisgauthier.com

50Good use of the taZer - Page 2 Empty Re: Good use of the taZer Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:10 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

I'd hate one day for those lie detector devices to be found NFG and peeps aggressively pursued by a justice system with blinkers on. However I don't believe they can be used in court in North America.

51Good use of the taZer - Page 2 Empty Re: Good use of the taZer Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:57 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

anyone good at lieing can beat a lie detector test

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum