the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

TaZer Assholes are launching legal action on Dziekanski inquiry

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

yeah what a freakin surprise. I hope TaZer is about to get a rude awakening that Canada is not America and our legal system will not bow to their wims.

http://www.winnipegsun.com/news/canada/2009/08/14/10462691.html

Bartron

Bartron
major-contributor
major-contributor

Yes I also hope they lose, and waste a ton of money doing it!

AdamX

AdamX
contributor
contributor

cant blame a company for wanting to defend its product. besides, if its all BS then the lawsuit wont last long will it?
if the inquiry did something that wasnt completely fair or transparent, well then that should be addressed, shouldnt it?

http://www.cakefarter.com

Anonymous

Ain,t that the truth.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

I think this company runs immediately to lawyers to intimidate. What business do they have suing the judges/inquiry? They should have sued for standing. This is another example of the misuse of the legal system.

Anonymous

Hey...it's their money. lol

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

True. But the taxpayer will be on the hook to defend this lawsuit, at least until it is won and they win a costs judgement. Then there is the time this takes to defend...

Anonymous

I think they are just asking for a review, which is costly for them, but (imho) not a big deal from the government's point of view. (I'm sure we've got a dozen lawyers just waiting to get into this fight.)

Taser is grasping at straws here, let's face it. They are fighting for their life though, so it is to be expected.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

and they still keep fighting.

Now they are saying... its impossible to let this judgement stand, AND we had no idea that would be the judgement because no one would make the decision that taZers contribute to his death based on the evidence AND um.. yeah we never uh... had enough input.. yeah thats it.

crown... 400 motions is no input? FU

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/100706/national/taser_inquiry_court_7

JT Estoban

JT Estoban
major-contributor
major-contributor

Damn straight.

This is one of the few times Tazer International hasn't been able to get it's way by bullying.

Neat-o!

Anonymous

Not only that, but they added a disclaimer to their contracts that says Tasers can be lethal and which is nearly word for word of the report.

It insane, but they have to appeal, as it's their corporate life at stake.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

On the other hand if they would have just admitted before they started selling them that they could at times be lethal... there would not be an issue and perhaps.. just perhaps some cops would be less likely to kill with it.

Anonymous

What cop killed with it ,, think before you say it .

Anonymous

Pavolo wrote:What cop killed with it ,, think before you say it .
Google it Pigfcuker!!

Ever heard of the murder of Robert Dziekanski ?

Anonymous

Has any cop been charged ass wipe.

Anonymous

It ain't over Pigfcuker.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Pavolo wrote:Has any cop been charged ### ####.
No one needs to be charged with anything to kill. Police have been killing bad guys, and the odd innocent peep, for generations now.

The point is, I believe, that the police use tazers indiscriminately, under the false impression they aren't lethal.

If the police believed that the person they were dealing with might die from using tazers they might reconsider their use. Just like they reconsider using guns in certain situations.

Anonymous

That is exactly what has happened. ..their usuage has been curtailed dramatically.

Anonymous

All any one has to do, is do as asked and they will have no issue . It is funny how most of these people arque and fight with the police before the incident . Then every one blames the cops.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Not true. Argue and fight = get what you deserve. But if police go overboard then the cops get what they deserve. Like they did with Dziekanski.

I LOVE it when a "perp" is clearly not resisting when set upon by several cops with each cop yelling "stop resisting"...

Anonymous

How so they tazered him once and the guy got up and fought more , would you and I know I would . Take it as they arn't fooling around here and I better stop fighting them . He has turned into the poster child for the anti tazer movement ,
Not to say that the police are always right but they are not always wrong as many on here seem to believe .

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

They tazered him FIVE times. The inquiry has already made their report. They have placed the responsibility for his death 100% on the inappropriate actions of those four officers. They found they lied and covered up their actions.

As to how do I know? I've seen the video many many times. Who am I gonna believe? My eyes or those lying cops?

Go back and look at the video again.

Poster child my ass.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

I challenge anyone, ANYONE to lay there passively whilst you are being electrocuted.

Anonymous

Pav. Time to remove your head and enjoy the sunshine for once.

Your latest comments regarding Dziekanski clearly indicate you are a complete idiot....but you may be nothing more than a troll getting his jollies off.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum