the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg

+10
umcrouc0
tick
death128
grumpy old man
eViL tRoLl
Miz point
Deank
Triniman
Freeman
LivingDead
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Winnipeg's Biggest Problem

Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg - Page 2 Vote_lcap31%Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg - Page 2 Vote_rcap 31% [ 8 ]
Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg - Page 2 Vote_lcap31%Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg - Page 2 Vote_rcap 31% [ 8 ]
Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg - Page 2 Vote_rcap 4% [ 1 ]
Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg - Page 2 Vote_lcap15%Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg - Page 2 Vote_rcap 15% [ 4 ]
Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg - Page 2 Vote_lcap19%Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg - Page 2 Vote_rcap 19% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 26

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

26Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg - Page 2 Empty Re: Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:44 pm

tick

contributor plus
contributor plus

i guess the wives are the overlords.
long live the queen

27Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg - Page 2 Empty Re: Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:24 pm

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

tick wrote:The Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg is the fluoride added to everything we eat and drink. Why do my local overlords need the power to medicate me and everybody.?

The answer to your question is because they have obviously read your posts.

28Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg - Page 2 Empty Re: Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:15 am

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

cue up eerie music, break out the aluminum foil and bend over and kiss your ass goodbye.....according to some. Meantime the rest of us will deal with the tics, twitches and such that wake us up from a decent sleep.....we hope to fall back asleep with a smile on our faces...... Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg - Page 2 Icon_smile

http://www.granhotelflores.blogspot.com

29Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg - Page 2 Empty Re: Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:06 am

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I sleep fine, every night before bed, I have a big glass of cold tap water, seems to work. Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg - Page 2 Icon_smile

30Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg - Page 2 Empty Re: Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:21 am

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Usually I too sleep fine but certain things have been known to misfire and wake me up.....and then I get to read conspiracies a-go-go and laugh my ass off back to sleep. Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg - Page 2 Icon_smile

31Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg - Page 2 Empty Re: Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:36 am

umcrouc0

umcrouc0
contributor plus
contributor plus

I'm surprised 'poor infrastructure' didn't get more support. With our insane infrastructure deficit we can't dedicate close to as much money to programs that could help deal with the other issues listed. I don't think holes in the roads will sink us, but the cost to bring our systems up to par are IMO going to have the greatest negative impact on our city because the costs will need to be taken up by program cuts and/or tax increases, which will then impact issues like crime and potentially business relocation. That's my two cents.

32Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg - Page 2 Empty Re: Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:31 pm

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Infrastructure isn't just potholes, it water and sewer, bridges, roadways that support things such as the trucking industry, CentrePort, etc. Is it safe to say that those things have been ignored over the past 10, 20, 30 years in favour of the programs that are having little to no impact on crime and poverty?

33Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg - Page 2 Empty Re: Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:08 pm

umcrouc0

umcrouc0
contributor plus
contributor plus

Definitely.

34Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg - Page 2 Empty Re: Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:15 pm

umcrouc0

umcrouc0
contributor plus
contributor plus

Freeman wrote:Infrastructure isn't just potholes, it water and sewer, bridges, roadways that support things such as the trucking industry, CentrePort, etc. Is it safe to say that those things have been ignored over the past 10, 20, 30 years in favour of the programs that are having little to no impact on crime and poverty?

That's also why I'm surprised that more people haven't selected it. The roads are one thing that's noticable, but the rest of the infrastructure system is in just as bad if not worse shape as what's visible to us. There's a massive deficit that just keeps getting bigger and bigger because we aren't addressing it (and we like the sound of 'tax freeze'). Eventually we're going to need to but the longer we wait the more costly it will be.

35Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg - Page 2 Empty Re: Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:32 pm

Triniman

Triniman
general-contributor
general-contributor

more road repairs, less new museums.

36Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg - Page 2 Empty Re: Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:50 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Less football stadiums and theater renovations...

37Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg - Page 2 Empty Re: Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:53 pm

Triniman

Triniman
general-contributor
general-contributor

silence! new bomber stadium! with communal trough.

38Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg - Page 2 Empty Re: Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:57 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

why not just put a trough at the bottom of every row of seats? no worries about bathroom lineups or missing a play.

39Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg - Page 2 Empty Re: Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:04 pm

Triniman

Triniman
general-contributor
general-contributor

Deank wrote:why not just put a trough at the bottom of every row of seats? no worries about bathroom lineups or missing a play.

Brilliant idea! And if someone could invent a sofa with hideaway trough for the luxury boxes, we'd be set to go!

40Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg - Page 2 Empty Re: Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:06 pm

umcrouc0

umcrouc0
contributor plus
contributor plus

Now that's an idea.

41Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg - Page 2 Empty Re: Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:15 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

why do you need a trough in the sofa? That foam soaks up quite a bit of pee quite quickly

42Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg - Page 2 Empty Re: Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:16 pm

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Deank wrote:why do you need a trough in the sofa? That foam soaks up quite a bit of pee quite quickly

Remind me to never attend a function in your home Deank...LOL

43Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg - Page 2 Empty Re: Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:17 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

hmm.. odd I would think you would be more worried about inviting me over to your place

44Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg - Page 2 Empty Re: Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:21 pm

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Deank wrote:hmm.. odd I would think you would be more worried about inviting me over to your place

Not at all, we would keep you outside.

45Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg - Page 2 Empty Re: Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:24 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

sweet!

46Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg - Page 2 Empty Re: Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:44 pm

EdWin

EdWin
major-contributor
major-contributor

Some more less than flattering national attention:

http://news.ca.msn.com/canada/cp-article.aspx?cp-documentid=21915282

I see they are even quoting some from new winnipeg.

47Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg - Page 2 Empty Re: Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:33 pm

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Interesting quotes...

48Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg - Page 2 Empty Re: Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:42 am

Anonymous

meh.

"Personally I'm trying to decide between Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa, Edmonton, Calgary or Vancouver...."

Nice to see he's got it so narrowed down eh.

49Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg - Page 2 Empty Re: Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:26 pm

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I was going to vote, but I couldn't fing- "All of the Above" in the listing, and it is a coincidence no doubt that on Forums from vancouver, Kamloops, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskabush, Totonto , Nepean, Montreal, Ottawa, Prince Edward Island, all had the same questions, except- "All of the above" was the winner.
I wonder what that means?

http://www.elansofas.com

50Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg - Page 2 Empty Re: Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:27 pm

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

HurtinAlberta- what neighbourhood are you in??

http://www.elansofas.com

51Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg - Page 2 Empty Re: Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:26 pm

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Why was "too many Commie Bastards" not an option? Get rid of themn and a lot of our problems are solved. We could actually attract business. Think about what it says if it is more attractive for a business to locate in Saskatchewan rather than Manitoba.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum