the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg

+10
umcrouc0
tick
death128
grumpy old man
eViL tRoLl
Miz point
Deank
Triniman
Freeman
LivingDead
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Winnipeg's Biggest Problem

Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg - Page 6 Vote_lcap31%Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg - Page 6 Vote_rcap 31% [ 8 ]
Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg - Page 6 Vote_lcap31%Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg - Page 6 Vote_rcap 31% [ 8 ]
Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg - Page 6 Vote_lcap4%Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg - Page 6 Vote_rcap 4% [ 1 ]
Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg - Page 6 Vote_lcap0%Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg - Page 6 Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg - Page 6 Vote_lcap15%Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg - Page 6 Vote_rcap 15% [ 4 ]
Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg - Page 6 Vote_lcap19%Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg - Page 6 Vote_rcap 19% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 26

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

126Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg - Page 6 Empty Re: Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:42 pm

death128

contributor
contributor

Yes. It's said you have to work most of the day if you own your own business. Have you considered getting into another line of work? You seem stressed. >.<

127Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg - Page 6 Empty Re: Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:45 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Miz point wrote:
death128 wrote:Even the criminals create jobs for police and judges and lawyers. Wait? Who's working right now?

SO AM I......I work for myself and finding work, additional contracts, selling my work, promoting my work is A FULL TIME JOB with no hope of CPP, EI EI OOOOOO, subsidized anything (god I NEED new glasses big time and a teeth cleaning and Xray) and add to that mix other issues which some on this board know about?

I am fu*king FED UP with having to even look at those who crowd the sidewalk in front of the hellfare office who do not look like they are hurting smoking their cigarettes, stinking of booze, in some cases dressed in new FUBU duds......

Fuggedaboudit......to hell with it.....to hell with it all.

you know whats worse? Not when people smell like booze, heck not even when they smell like gas... but fricken hell it is gross when they smell like lysol.

128Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg - Page 6 Empty Re: Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:16 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

umcrouc0 wrote:Well, this is the real world and nothing's that black and white. There are plenty of programs offered to help, but are they the correct programs for the people who need help? Having a program that's supposed to help people get training and education isn't much use if it's not structured in a way that will actually be effective at getting training and education to the people who need it. Providing 'something' is different from providing the correct thing. The programs are mostly setup by the same government that makes this flawed EI system. So what are the odds that they messed up unemployment so badly, but managed to do a good job on the other programs mean to deal with the same issue?

I believe we have too many agencies which work at cross purposes and are loaded with redundancies. I say get rid of them all, and pour all that money into the sandbox and her members.

Seriously, we need to reduce the agencies to a well considered few.

129Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg - Page 6 Empty Re: Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:19 pm

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

grumpy old man wrote:
umcrouc0 wrote:Well, this is the real world and nothing's that black and white. There are plenty of programs offered to help, but are they the correct programs for the people who need help? Having a program that's supposed to help people get training and education isn't much use if it's not structured in a way that will actually be effective at getting training and education to the people who need it. Providing 'something' is different from providing the correct thing. The programs are mostly setup by the same government that makes this flawed EI system. So what are the odds that they messed up unemployment so badly, but managed to do a good job on the other programs mean to deal with the same issue?

I believe we have too many agencies which work at cross purposes and are loaded with redundancies. I say get rid of them all, and pour all that money into the sandbox and her members.

Seriously, we need to reduce the agencies to a well considered few.

DAMNED STRAIGHT....in the meantime donations will be accepted to further my agenda of winter survival, Miz P style. All monies will be put to good use, will be accounted for and be of benefit to those who support Miz P's agenda.....that is yet to be determined but thus far is fairly sound.

http://www.granhotelflores.blogspot.com

130Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg - Page 6 Empty Re: Biggest Problem Facing Winnipeg Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:06 pm

LivingDead

LivingDead
general-contributor
general-contributor

WARNING

--NSFW-- Not Safe for children and those with weak hearts. Pay at your own risk and don't read the lyrics. especially if you are northender.