the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Which Wpg GM & Brandon dealers do you believe will close?

+5
Deank
grumpy old man
Freeman
rosencrentz
Triniman
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Which Wpg & Brandon GM dealers do you believe will close?

Which Wpg GM & Brandon dealers do you believe will close? - Page 2 Vote_lcap9%Which Wpg GM & Brandon dealers do you believe will close? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 9% [ 2 ]
Which Wpg GM & Brandon dealers do you believe will close? - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%Which Wpg GM & Brandon dealers do you believe will close? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 4% [ 1 ]
Which Wpg GM & Brandon dealers do you believe will close? - Page 2 Vote_lcap9%Which Wpg GM & Brandon dealers do you believe will close? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 9% [ 2 ]
Which Wpg GM & Brandon dealers do you believe will close? - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%Which Wpg GM & Brandon dealers do you believe will close? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 13% [ 3 ]
Which Wpg GM & Brandon dealers do you believe will close? - Page 2 Vote_lcap17%Which Wpg GM & Brandon dealers do you believe will close? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 17% [ 4 ]
Which Wpg GM & Brandon dealers do you believe will close? - Page 2 Vote_lcap17%Which Wpg GM & Brandon dealers do you believe will close? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 17% [ 4 ]
Which Wpg GM & Brandon dealers do you believe will close? - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%Which Wpg GM & Brandon dealers do you believe will close? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 13% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 23

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

JT Estoban

major-contributor
major-contributor

Murray perhaps?

C'mon...now's the time for some unfounded wild speculation!

Frick, they pay people to gossip like this in the financial sector!

Anonymous

I heard that Wilf's in Elie is toast.

I wonder if GM will close stores that are dual-purpose...like Gauthier's, who also operate competitions' dealerships. I would. Tell 'em to fish or cut-bait thingy eh.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Its the son that operates the competition.

Triniman

Triniman
general-contributor
general-contributor

Anyone remember the rumours that Wal-Mart was going to be selling new cars?

MrMyles

MrMyles
contributor
contributor

Triniman wrote:Anyone remember the rumours that Wal-Mart was going to be selling new cars?
I thought that was Costco?

http://www.creativecompulsions.com

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Costco actually has a deal that all members get X percent off something.. cant remember what though

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Hard to hear that Wilf's is closing. Its an icon in that area.

St Norberter

St Norberter
major-contributor
major-contributor

I think it was reported on Global last night that Gillies Garage would be closing.

They also showed pictures of Park Pontiac throughout the story which leads one to believe that location would be on the chopping block.

I would think they would look at locations where there are two dealerships in close proximity ( McNaught/Murray, Birchwood/Orion, Vickar/Park)

http://bgilchrist.wordpress.com/

Anonymous

My mistake...it was Gillies and not Wilf's....so sorry Wilf.

"In Winnipeg, Park Pontiac on Regent and the Birchwood Pontiac GMC at the Point West Auto Mall are affected."

http://www.cjob.com/News/Local/Story.aspx?ID=1095331

Triniman

Triniman
general-contributor
general-contributor

grumpy old man wrote:Competition is a good thing. But too much of a good thing is still too much. I have no idea if there are too many GM dealerships in Winnipeg/Manitoba, but I guess we'll soon find out.
If there are too many, makes you wonder why GM agreed to allow so many in the first place. Ditto for the other automakers who have too many dealerships.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Time has a way of doing that.

Not sure where GM gains or loses when they open and close a dealership. Mostly a logistical cost/marketing cost thing IMO. With fewer GM dealerships fighting for limited GM sales prices might go up. Not entirely sure about that as these dealerships have to deal with competitive pressures from all competing dealerships.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

well alot of it started out because of different companies existing... and then one (GM) buying the other ones out and the dealerships not closing.

Anonymous

The Free Press has confirmed that seven of them received termination notices.
The biggest and most surprising are Birchwood Pontiac Buick GMC and Park Pontiac Buick GMC in Winnipeg. The others, in no particular order, are Rosenort Motors, Brodeur Chev in St. Adolphe, Gillis Service Garage in Elie, Fowler Pontiac Buick GMC in Brandon and Parkwood Motors in Erickson.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/breakingnews/Local-auto-dealerships-get-termination-notices-45675487.html

Anonymous

Birchwood and Park Pontiac eh. That's a surprise. I see big grossers didn't fair well.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Maybe because they were Pontiac Buick dealers? Pontiac is a dead brand and Buick is likely dieing. Who knows what their criterion was...

eastsider

eastsider
contributor plus
contributor plus

I wonder how the little dealers back home in Southern MB will fair. Every little two bit town has a Chevy and a Ford dealership, way too many down there I think. If Westpark Motors in Altona is a part of the Chevy elimination plan there will go 50+ years of business.

Anonymous

grumpy old man wrote:Maybe because they were Pontiac Buick dealers? Pontiac is a dead brand and Buick is likely dieing. Who knows what their criterion was...
Of course. Pontiac is no more, so the dealers are history too.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum