the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

This was the headline on Dziekanski 3 Months Ago- Not Caused By Taser

+7
Freeman
grumpy old man
AGEsAces
Deank
IG Guy
Electrician
rosencrentz
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

What...the jewellery business didn't work out for him?

JT Estoban

JT Estoban
major-contributor
major-contributor

Is this motive....?

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2009/06/19/bc-braidwood-inquiry-delay-rcmp-email.html

"The email between two senior RCMP supervisors suggests that the four
Mounties who responded to a call at the airport discussed a plan to use
a Taser against Dziekanski before they arrived"

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Oops. These guys aren't the sharpest pencils in the box are they?

What annoys me are those that berate anyone that feels the RCMP have done wrong. The police fricked up here. Big time. Respect the police if you want. Most should. But in this case the police officers involved do not deserve our loyalty and support.

They should be fired, tried for murder, and punished. There can be no middle ground here.

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

The RCMP's lawyer was crying when she told the commission of this evidence, that has just come to light, conveniently after spending $15,000,000 of the expected $16,000,000. lol

The email between two senior RCMP supervisors suggests that the four Mounties who responded to a call at the airport discussed a plan to use a Taser against the Polish immigrant before they arrived.
The four officers had already stated under oath at the inquiry that they had not discussed using the stun gun before arriving at the airport.
The commission was scheduled to begin hearing closing arguments on Friday morning, but after learning of the email, commissioner Thomas Braidwood announced the inquiry will resume on Sept. 22, so the commission lawyers have time to review the email and conduct an investigation.
"I am obviously appalled," a clearly upset Braidwood said.

'Discussed the response en route:' email

The existence of the email was revealed by commission counsel Art Vertlieb as the inquiry resumed Friday. He said he only received the email from federal lawyers on Tuesday.
FEDERAL LAWYERS CLAIM THAT THEY KNOW NOTHING ABOUT WHAT FULL DISCLOSURE MEANS.

"It never happened," Ravi Hira, the lawyer for Const. Kwesi Millington, later told CBC News
"What possible reason would there be to have such a plan," said Hira

The email was apparently overlooked by federal government lawyers in the thousands of pages of documents received from the RCMP on CD-ROMs during the inquiry.
A clearly upset Vertlieb berated the federal lawyers for the mistake, saying: "This is what late disclosure does — it disrupts the conduct of the proceedings
Helen Roberts, a lawyer for the federal government, gave a tearful apology, saying it was simply an accidental oversight

http://www.elansofas.com

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

JTF- rumour has it that if one purchased $5000 in jewelery , one was found not guilty!! lol

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

THE inquiry into the Taser-related death of Robert Dziekanski has delivered yet another blow to the prestige of Canada's national police force.
So an Editorial in the Free Press refers to "the prestige of Canada's national police force".
What a load of baloney! There is no prestige left, is there? Am I mistaken?

Anonymous

Yes they are looking worse all the time and need to come totally clean now .

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

rosencrentz wrote:THE inquiry into the Taser-related death of Robert Dziekanski has delivered yet another blow to the prestige of Canada's national police force.
So an Editorial in the Free Press refers to "the prestige of Canada's national police force".
What a load of baloney! There is no prestige left, is there? Am I mistaken?

Actually Rosie...to MOST of the world, the RCMP is still considered an "Elite" police force. There are still billions of people who believe them to be honest, true, and dedicated to their duty.

Even the "Dudley-do-right" stories which made caricatures of them, helped to perpetuate that image.

And most of the world does not get "Canadian" news regularly. They may hear about a story here, a story there...but not all the gossip that follows afterwards.

What I do find sad, is that a force that was built on honour and honesty...has become no better than a local Chicago precinct. There's bad officers in every force, anywhere in the world.

http://www.photage.ca

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

( except dog river )

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Does anyone think there is prestige left?
I feel pretty negative, but is my feeling because of the bad press?
My God, the report that the officers gave before the camers record is pretty damning! Nothing but lies! there is nothing , in my mind, that condone lying, unless it was related to using bandwidth that was intruding on my property!

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

Deank wrote:( except dog river )

hey...even Davis has been known to take a "bribe" or two (free breakfasts come to mind)

and don't forget Karen steals gas Wink.

http://www.photage.ca

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

This was the headline on Dziekanski 3 Months Ago- Not Caused By Taser - Page 3 Dewar

AdamX

AdamX
contributor
contributor

AGEsAces wrote:

Actually Rosie...to MOST of the world, the RCMP is still considered an "Elite" police force. There are still billions of people who believe them to be honest, true, and dedicated to their duty.

And the vast majority of them are.

This dziekanski thing has been pretty disturbing, its true, but it does not change the fact that there are thousands of men and women in remote communities across the country keeping citizens safe and doing their job with the utmost respect for the law and the people they serve.

http://www.cakefarter.com

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Somehow for me, the difference ends up being which uniform they are wearing.

If they are wearing the dress red, almost godlike. I know.. I know weird for sure. But that is what is ingrained in my head.

Anonymous

AdamX wrote:
AGEsAces wrote:

And the vast majority of them are.

This dziekanski thing has been pretty disturbing, its true, but it does not change the fact that there are thousands of men and women in remote communities across the country keeping citizens safe and doing their job with the utmost respect for the law and the people they serve.
For the most part I agree, but there does seem to be a problem with the Horsemen over the last few years...very serious management problems imo, which still have not been addressed.

Here we have these four cops having made up their course of action before they even got to the scene...that is a very serious fcuk-up.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

I spoke with an ex-RCMP officer yesterday. The crux of the problem he said began several years ago when a new commander began driving the organization more like a business than a para-military organization. This new management style drove huge wedges between the front-line troops and management.

Many new HR initiatives were implemented that maybe were not as effective in a paramilitary organization as they were in business. One was the notion of empowering the front-line troops. It was around this time when many of the problems began. The troops were "given the rope", but were hung by it by management when they made mistakes.

Now there is a lack of trust combined with a lack of control. And we are seeing the effects of that new management style.

Anonymous

That is pretty well what I hard from a family member who just retired from the force too.

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

My Mother taught me to always tell the truth! If you make a mistake, admit it and take the consequences. Or was that Thumper's Mom?
In any case, had the RCMP officers done that , everything would have been fine. There would be bad press for 2 days, and then it would be over!
They lied about what happened, the number of tazers that were given, the actual events, and then the higher ups send a group of 4 to Dziekenski's home country, for absolutely no reason, wasting $16,000 of tax payer money. To investigate his drinking habits ?, when there was no alcohol in his system, the mud racking, innuendo from the RCMP's lawyers'. One mistake? No , lots and lying lyars!!
99.5 % of what goes on , with all police forces is honourable! When there is an error in judgement, admit it as an error, fix it and move on!

AdamX

AdamX
contributor
contributor

agreed

http://www.cakefarter.com

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Someone is smartening up!
RCMP to stop investigating itself: commissioner
http://www.nationalpost.com/news/canada/story.html?id=2523098
The RCMP must strive to be as open and transparent as possible and fully accountable for its actions," Mr. Elliott said

Didn't Harper, Doer, Katz, and Obama and all heads of bureaucracys ' have the same idea??

GGF

GGF
major-contributor
major-contributor

This one is long overdue...
I don't recall Katz ever supporting/saying something like that...In fact I believe he is one of sticks in the wheel at the moment because he already knows that their will be lawsuits a flying everywhere...GGF

Anonymous

Elliot was behind the Dziekanski cover-up attempt I bet.

He should be replaced with someone that is more ethical imo.

GGF

GGF
major-contributor
major-contributor

Yup...It was reported as such and just a small art...He likes working in the background which is where his magic is and just a hint...Tackling some powerful people and that's why...GGF

Anonymous

Are you related to Pavolo?

GGF

GGF
major-contributor
major-contributor

Why? Do I look like him or something?...GGF

Anonymous

Yup...and you write like him as well.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next