the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

won't someone PLEASE think of Sam Katz!

+14
Jondo
Sourpuss
Freeman
USApegger
Electrician
EdWin
justmythoughts
Bretton Woods
rosencrentz
Outsider
MrMyles
grumpy old man
Stonekiller
Deank
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

76won't someone PLEASE think of Sam Katz! - Page 4 Empty Re: won't someone PLEASE think of Sam Katz! Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:44 am

Deank

contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Swandel.. this is not a blah blah de blah and saying we will have control over all design aspects..... but somehow leaves out that none of that has been demanded to be included in any agreement up to this point and that he is just guessing.

77won't someone PLEASE think of Sam Katz! - Page 4 Empty Re: won't someone PLEASE think of Sam Katz! Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:46 am

USApegger

USApegger
contributor
contributor

Deank wrote:and now he is saying we are a backwards city for denying the delay motion that the developer requested.. you know.. instead of hitching on to the fact the most cities would have DEMANDED that information before forcing it to be brought forward.

Mr nordman. YOU are the backwards one. YOU are the one who should have demanded it goes back for more details instead of waiting for the business to say they need more time.

Was that Nordman or Swandel that said that?

Wow, I can't believe Swandel, what a moron, this debate has really engaged Winnipeggers and shown that we have some real buffoons on our city council, yes thats you Swandel, Vandal, Paula.

78won't someone PLEASE think of Sam Katz! - Page 4 Empty Re: won't someone PLEASE think of Sam Katz! Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:50 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

crap swandel.

trying to type and watch at the same time

79won't someone PLEASE think of Sam Katz! - Page 4 Empty Re: won't someone PLEASE think of Sam Katz! Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:51 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

My apologies to mr Nordman I inadvertently messed up the names.

80won't someone PLEASE think of Sam Katz! - Page 4 Empty Re: won't someone PLEASE think of Sam Katz! Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:02 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

havixback..

saying.. oh no. its completely disrespectful to outside business !!

FRICK YOU!! ITS DISRESPECTFUL TO CITIZENS to jam this through with no details. HOW THE HELL CAN YOU NOT SEE THIS?

81won't someone PLEASE think of Sam Katz! - Page 4 Empty Re: won't someone PLEASE think of Sam Katz! Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:03 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Just caught up on Free Press live blog. Swandel is coming across as a spoiled and petulant child not getting his way. Dude needs to LISTEN to the tidal-wave of opposition to this proposal.

82won't someone PLEASE think of Sam Katz! - Page 4 Empty Re: won't someone PLEASE think of Sam Katz! Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:04 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Where are you watching this Dean?

83won't someone PLEASE think of Sam Katz! - Page 4 Empty Re: won't someone PLEASE think of Sam Katz! Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:05 pm

USApegger

USApegger
contributor
contributor

Swandel said people are being disrespectful to Canalata, well all they have ever built is Super 8's

oh I wish Kives would follow the money on this one

84won't someone PLEASE think of Sam Katz! - Page 4 Empty Re: won't someone PLEASE think of Sam Katz! Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:06 pm

USApegger

USApegger
contributor
contributor

grumpy old man wrote:Just caught up on Free Press live blog. Swandel is coming across as a spoiled and petulant child not getting his way. Dude needs to LISTEN to the tidal-wave of opposition to this proposal.

Oh , well played like a wave pool!

I agree, I just emailed him, he makes me sick

85won't someone PLEASE think of Sam Katz! - Page 4 Empty Re: won't someone PLEASE think of Sam Katz! Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:17 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

86won't someone PLEASE think of Sam Katz! - Page 4 Empty Re: won't someone PLEASE think of Sam Katz! Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:44 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

hmm... Vandals motion might fail as well....

which leads back to an actual vote on the water park.

87won't someone PLEASE think of Sam Katz! - Page 4 Empty Re: won't someone PLEASE think of Sam Katz! Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:47 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

nordman says.. yeah.. dont worry about the business guys.. they wont be that upset about this

88won't someone PLEASE think of Sam Katz! - Page 4 Empty Re: won't someone PLEASE think of Sam Katz! Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:55 pm

EdWin

EdWin
major-contributor
major-contributor

Watching this right now. PLEASE do the right thing, councilmen and women, and at least vote to delay this project, or vote it down altogether. LISTEN to the citizens, they are speaking loud and clear.

EdWin

EdWin
major-contributor
major-contributor

Why is Eadie wearing sunglasses? What is the issue with his eyes?

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

He is blind.

EdWin

EdWin
major-contributor
major-contributor

grumpy old man wrote:He is blind.

Really? I didn't know that.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

ha! Eadie the most leftist of lefties... and he is the one arguing for a competitive bidding process that is fair for all developers.

EdWin

EdWin
major-contributor
major-contributor

Although I'm glad Smith is for the delay, he is on the older side and hopefully he will retire after this.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

and its sent back to committee

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

interesting that two of the three who voted against the vandal defer motion were voting against it because they say that the whole thing should just be outright voted down, no wasting people's time.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Kudos to Global. The free press live blog just did not do that debate justice.

Did they have to wake Smith up to speak? He was nodding off earlier...

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Here is what I want: issue a new RFP. Let the developer world present their view. AND more money. Then run it by Winnipeggers.

I suspect a discount hotel and water park won't be the winning bid.

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

Eh...I like the idea of the waterpark...even at the forks wouldn't be bad...but i don't like THIS plan for it.

I'm not sure what Sammy was crying about for parking though. I thought part of the plan was to have a multi-level parkade included? Or was that something I misheard?

My biggest concern about a monumental waterpark though...is that it is 100% privately financed. There should be NO government funding going into it. I can understand some tax credits/incentives due to the temporary labour influx of construction...perhaps a 7-year forgiveness on property taxes...but there should be no actual funds handed to the developer/management company.

If there is truly a commercial demand for a waterpark in winnipeg...it should be funded by the for-profit entities that want to make some money. And you can bet there will STILL be free passes handed out like candy...just look at how many free passes are given out by movie theatres, charity donations by stores like walmart, and special discounts for non-profits by most EVERY business out there.

As far as Sammy goes...it's my opinion that he should buy up the lots behind the goldeyes stadium and build a couple of parkades. then he has parking, and a new revenue stream to boot.

http://www.photage.ca

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

"I'm not sure what Sammy was crying about for parking though. I thought
part of the plan was to have a multi-level parkade included? Or was
that something I misheard?"

Sammy never started crying until there was massive public backlash and all of a sudden (in less then 24 hours from one statement to the next) "he was advised that for legal reasons he should recuse himself"

100won't someone PLEASE think of Sam Katz! - Page 4 Empty Re: won't someone PLEASE think of Sam Katz! Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:37 pm

USApegger

USApegger
contributor
contributor

Wow, that idiot Swandel just said something along the lines of the council should show respect to Canalta and give them time to present their plans, renederings etc.

So, Swandel sits on EPC, votes this thing to move forward for a fast approval in council and when it doesn't happen he says we need to respect Canalta, the company that is taking 7 million of taxpayer moeny??

101won't someone PLEASE think of Sam Katz! - Page 4 Empty Re: won't someone PLEASE think of Sam Katz! Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:47 pm

USApegger

USApegger
contributor
contributor

From Kives twitter: Havixbeck said she believes Canalta deal is dead. Said company won't want to spend $200K on designs, plans & consultations.

I see, so we were supposed to just take their word for it that it would all be okie dokie?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum