the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Election or Coalition ?

+6
Goth_chic
Freeman
IG Guy
AGEsAces
Deank
grumpy old man
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Coalition or Election ?

Election or Coalition ? Vote_lcap7%Election or Coalition ? Vote_rcap 7% [ 1 ]
Election or Coalition ? Vote_lcap14%Election or Coalition ? Vote_rcap 14% [ 2 ]
Election or Coalition ? Vote_lcap79%Election or Coalition ? Vote_rcap 79% [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 14

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Election or Coalition ? Empty Election or Coalition ? Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:20 pm

Anonymous

In the Free Press today, was the question:
If the federal budget is defeated Tuesday, which would you prefer:
Coalition 52%

Election 48%
(as of the posting time)

WTF???
People actually want the three dummies to run the country???
I can't get my head around that.
Is the cold affecting some brains around here?
Discuss. Laughing

2Election or Coalition ? Empty Re: Election or Coalition ? Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:28 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Some people won't see the forest for the trees. They only see the cost of yet another election and the election itself.

This is about the devil they DON'T know. To know that the Liberals, NDP and Bloc run this country scares the bejesus outta me.

3Election or Coalition ? Empty Re: Election or Coalition ? Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:47 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

heh... a news report late last night has a Liberal insider saying that iggie has contemplated that he would not ask the GG for coalition gov... that he would ask for straight liberal gov...and hope that the NDP and Bloq would support him on votes without getting any seats in cabinet and such..

yeah sure Iggy... keep that dream alive..

4Election or Coalition ? Empty Re: Election or Coalition ? Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:54 pm

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

grumpy old man wrote:Some people won't see the forest for the trees. They only see the cost of yet another election and the election itself.

This is about the devil they DON'T know. To know that the Liberals, NDP and Bloc run this country scares the bejesus outta me.

NOW you understand how I feel about Obama Wink.

http://www.photage.ca

5Election or Coalition ? Empty Re: Election or Coalition ? Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:02 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

AGEsAces wrote:NOW you understand how I feel about Obama Wink.
That could not possibly be the same as any government that includes the Bloc...

6Election or Coalition ? Empty Re: Election or Coalition ? Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:07 pm

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

grumpy old man wrote:
AGEsAces wrote:NOW you understand how I feel about Obama Wink.
That could not possibly be the same as any government that includes the Bloc...

No...it includes the "black" Very Happy

All jokes aside though.

This is a first-term Senator...yet to prove he can handle the pressures and duties of completing a term in office.

His biggest claim to fame and success, is that he's black, and that Oprah is behind him.

I will grant him that he's well-spoken and has high ideals...I respect the man as an individual...but he's yet to prove anything as a leader.

And the party he represents has consistently buried the US in debt because of the bleeding-heart support of the unwilling. They believe in taxing everyone to death and giving the money to those who won't work.

Again though, I'm hoping he proves me wrong...that he USED the Democrats to actually run a more Libertarian approach to governing. Some of the ideals he's stated are against standard Democratic policies...but until he can make them happen...the Country is still in trouble.

7Election or Coalition ? Empty Re: Election or Coalition ? Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:24 pm

Anonymous

So..who voted for the coalition?

8Election or Coalition ? Empty Re: Election or Coalition ? Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:52 pm

Anonymous

Maybe the little boys should just try to get along for awhile .

9Election or Coalition ? Empty Re: Election or Coalition ? Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:44 am

IG Guy

IG Guy
contributor plus
contributor plus

i dont care who we have as long as its not the tories, then i am happy. Very Happy

10Election or Coalition ? Empty Re: Election or Coalition ? Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:06 am

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I don't care who we have as long as its not the Liberals, NDP or Bloc, then I'm happy. :monkeydance:

11Election or Coalition ? Empty Re: Election or Coalition ? Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:07 am

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

IG Guy wrote:i dont care who we have as long as its not the tories, then i am happy. Very Happy

Why is that? How do you feel the coalition would be better than the tories? Any specific examples?

12Election or Coalition ? Empty Re: Election or Coalition ? Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:44 am

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Freeman wrote:I don't care who we have as long as its not the Liberals, NDP or Bloc, then I'm happy. :monkeydance:

Hey I feel the exact same way! Cool

13Election or Coalition ? Empty Re: Election or Coalition ? Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:52 am

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

Freeman wrote:I don't care who we have as long as its not the Liberals, NDP or Bloc, then I'm happy. :monkeydance:

Same question I gave IG Guy only reverse the parties. Very Happy.

14Election or Coalition ? Empty Re: Election or Coalition ? Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:04 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

I want a political party that recieves the most votes in an election, to govern.

I want a political party that agrees with me that taxpayers should not be footing the bill for political parties, to govern.

I want a political party that is actually trying to get tough on crime, to govern.

I want a political party that is trying to reduce my taxes, to govern.

15Election or Coalition ? Empty Re: Election or Coalition ? Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:13 am

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

AGEsAces wrote:

Same question I gave IG Guy only reverse the parties. Very Happy.

First of all, who actually voted for a coalition of the three stooges, never saw a Liberal/NDP/Bloq candidate on the ballot I filled in. Secondly, what is their platform. I think I understand the Liberals and I think I understand the NDP and I think I understand the Bloq, but what, other than to push out the Conservatives is their actual platform.

While I give Duceppe and the Bloq my respect for being clear on their objectives, I disagree with them and quite honestly find their mandate repugnant. Only in Canada can someone be elected who actually wants to divide the country, most places would consider it treason.

Granted that our system provides that the leader of a party can change, but Mr Mustard led the Liberals to their current state and now, even by skirting their own rules, they have Mr Arrogant as their leader. We've had quite enough of their limp wristed, way left of centre governments for the past how many years. Its quite obvious what they are capable of, and I think very little of it, so I don't want to see them anywhere near government for some time to come.

And what can you say about a party that has their leader moonlight selling computer software on TV?

16Election or Coalition ? Empty Re: Election or Coalition ? Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:19 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

"Secondly, what is their platform."

Thats pretty much all that really needs to be said.

During the election the Bloq and NDP attacked the Liberals quite a bit saying that they were not fit to govern and yet now somehow something magically changed that they are? How can 3 totally incompatible platforms co-exist, wont they all be selling out their own beliefs on a daily basis?

17Election or Coalition ? Empty Re: Election or Coalition ? Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:22 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

And both the NDP and Bloc announced they were going to vote against the budget even before it was released. How is this good government? What a crock.

18Election or Coalition ? Empty Re: Election or Coalition ? Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:46 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

grumpy old man wrote:And both the NDP and Bloc announced they were going to vote against the budget even before it was released. How is this good government? What a crock.
yeah love that part of it.... HEY do we have recall at a federal level? ie can we get specific MPs recalled if we follow the right rules?

19Election or Coalition ? Empty Re: Election or Coalition ? Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:56 am

Anonymous

Thought they discussed that awhile back not sure what came of it .

20Election or Coalition ? Empty Re: Election or Coalition ? Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:20 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

I am pretty sure we do, but cant recall the details anymore..something ridiculous like 70% of the registered voters or something.

21Election or Coalition ? Empty Re: Election or Coalition ? Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:27 pm

Anonymous

Problem is it may make it worse as people would start silly petitions all the time , or when ever pissed

22Election or Coalition ? Empty Re: Election or Coalition ? Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:48 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

http://www.winnipegsun.com/news/canada/2009/01/28/8177706.html
“Today, we learn that we can’t place our trust in Mr. Ignatieff in terms of defeating Mr. Harper.”
Layton suggested the controversial coalition agreement signed between the Liberals and the NDP last month is dead. "

holy out of touch batman!... You mean that layton is just realizing that now????

23Election or Coalition ? Empty Re: Election or Coalition ? Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:50 pm

Electrician

Electrician
general-contributor
general-contributor

77% say that the liberals should back the conservative budget.
Now that ain't peanuts!

http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1416203996

24Election or Coalition ? Empty Re: Election or Coalition ? Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:15 pm

SuperNaut

SuperNaut

If you all would be so kind, please watch this video. It is American but, it shows some stuff that Myself and a great deal of people in this world seem to have forgotten.

The Government

25Election or Coalition ? Empty Re: Election or Coalition ? Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:13 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

is SuperNaut = Rosie??? who else would post the same thingover and over????
hehehehehee

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum