the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

CFL: Where is this league headed?

+3
USApegger
rosencrentz
grumpy old man
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26CFL: Where is this league headed? - Page 2 Empty Re: CFL: Where is this league headed? Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:51 pm

I am standing here on the 21 st flr. of a new condo build ( one of several dozen builds in the Metro area, this one on the Gardiner by the CNE ) ) and all I can say to peggers......you have no idea of the scale and magnitude of projects that are rolling out here.

Seriously, you have no comprehension of what Winnipeg needs if you are touting rapid transit as an investment in its future.

27CFL: Where is this league headed? - Page 2 Empty Re: CFL: Where is this league headed? Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:19 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Seriously. You can't be comparing Toronto to Winnipeg... Start another thread if that is your ambition.

28CFL: Where is this league headed? - Page 2 Empty Re: CFL: Where is this league headed? Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:28 pm

Electrician

Electrician
general-contributor
general-contributor

Toronto is like all of Winnipeg's neighbourhoods stuck in one straight line.
It was easy to set up a subway system under Yonge Street, serving 99% pop.
Oh, wait, gotta set up another thread.
Oh, wait again, we already have that thread set up.

http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1416203996

29CFL: Where is this league headed? - Page 2 Empty Re: CFL: Where is this league headed? Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:44 pm

Anonymous

grumpy old man wrote:Let's keep on topic: CFL: Where is this league headed?

It is if you do not support the stadium project you indirectly don,t support the League . All I am pointing out is that we do not support much in this city when tax dollars are involved . And that is hypocritical I say

30CFL: Where is this league headed? - Page 2 Empty Re: CFL: Where is this league headed? Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:37 pm

Anonymous

Regarding the league, imo, it's same-old same-old. The CFL will never go away as it'll be continually supported, one way or another, by government.

Afterall it is the Canadian Football League and that's what we do.

31CFL: Where is this league headed? - Page 2 Empty Re: CFL: Where is this league headed? Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:04 pm

Anonymous

grumpy old man wrote:Seriously. You can't be comparing Toronto to Winnipeg... Start another thread if that is your ambition.

No , no new thread required. But some people should really take a trip outside Winnipeg once in awhile to get some perspective of what the peg really is and perhaps we wouldn't be chasing "world class" projects to make us feel better.

32CFL: Where is this league headed? - Page 2 Empty Re: CFL: Where is this league headed? Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:19 pm

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Livio, I thought you were in Mexico right now!!
Did anyone notice that it appears that The hamilton Tigercats are letting their building a new stadium go? I think that they hace a call into david Asper, and sam katz to give a helping hand.

http://www.elansofas.com

33CFL: Where is this league headed? - Page 2 Empty Re: CFL: Where is this league headed? Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:25 pm

Anonymous

February Mexico rosie.

Hamilton a new stadium, why not, we'll show them how its done.

34CFL: Where is this league headed? - Page 2 Empty Re: CFL: Where is this league headed? Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:46 pm

Electrician

Electrician
general-contributor
general-contributor

Livio Ciaralli wrote:February Mexico rosie.

Hamilton a new stadium, why not, we'll show them how its done.

Hamilton, New Zealand???

http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1416203996

35CFL: Where is this league headed? - Page 2 Empty Re: CFL: Where is this league headed? Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:46 am

Anonymous

Livio Ciaralli wrote:I am standing here on the 21 st flr. of a new condo build ( one of several dozen builds in the Metro area, this one on the Gardiner by the CNE ) ) and all I can say to peggers......you have no idea of the scale and magnitude of projects that are rolling out here.

Seriously, you have no comprehension of what Winnipeg needs if you are touting rapid transit as an investment in its future.
And you obviously were not in TO when the main part of the Subway was built and what that spurred in development .

36CFL: Where is this league headed? - Page 2 Empty Re: CFL: Where is this league headed? Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:59 am

Anonymous

A better question to the leagues future should the present agreement with the NFL be done away with . Or should we seek a new one .

37CFL: Where is this league headed? - Page 2 Empty Re: CFL: Where is this league headed? Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:20 pm

EdWin

EdWin
major-contributor
major-contributor

Livio Ciaralli wrote:

Rolling Eyes That comment makes me extremely thankful you didn't get in as a civic leader.

38CFL: Where is this league headed? - Page 2 Empty Re: CFL: Where is this league headed? Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:46 pm

Anonymous

EdWin wrote:
Livio Ciaralli wrote:

Rolling Eyes That comment makes me extremely thankful you didn't get in as a civic leader.

I understand EdWin, mediocrity suits you just fine.You should move back and pay your dues, the peg really needs its expats back to pay for it.

39CFL: Where is this league headed? - Page 2 Empty Re: CFL: Where is this league headed? Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:56 pm

Anonymous

Pavolo, thats where you are mistaken, the Subway didn't spur anything, let alone development, the subway was introduced to service area's where growth had required services. Big difference.

As for being in To when the Subway was introduced, nope wasn't there but lived in the Metro area for 12 years and was around when the metro was built in Montreal, so have a better understanding of it than you do. In both circumstances, , the systems were invested to service exisiting needs rather than try and invent areas of development.

Look for a major Subway investment ( 10 billion plus ) to service North of metro in the next few decades. An area where investment and population have exploded regardless of BRT LRT or whatever you think.

40CFL: Where is this league headed? - Page 2 Empty Re: CFL: Where is this league headed? Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:29 pm

Anonymous

lol! As a politician you would have done well , you have an answer with out all the facts .

41CFL: Where is this league headed? - Page 2 Empty Re: CFL: Where is this league headed? Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:10 pm

EdWin

EdWin
major-contributor
major-contributor

Livio Ciaralli wrote:
EdWin wrote:
Livio Ciaralli wrote:

I understand EdWin, mediocrity suits you just fine.You should move back and pay your dues, the peg really needs its expats back to pay for it.
Yes, I'm sure you do understand, Livio. Planning for mass transit in a growing city to help aliviate conjection on the roadways is foolhearted, according to you. Got it.
Again, I'm relieved you didn't make it into council. Winnipeg doesn't need anymore backwards thinking people holding it back anymore.

42CFL: Where is this league headed? - Page 2 Empty Re: CFL: Where is this league headed? Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:10 pm

Anonymous

Edwin. I believe that the key word there is planning.

Without proper planning, as has been the case here in Winnipeg, development has occurred in such a manner so as to make public transit, rapid or not, very expensive to service all the outlinning areas that have sprung up. Development has not happened in already serviced areas but in the boonies.

Winnipeg has historically bent over for developers and that ain't about to change.

Proper developments should take into account such things as future schools, libraries, and bus service too, but they presently don't even factor in road clearing for goodness sake.

But...that's Winnipeg...so desperate for development that we are easily manipulated by these carpetbaggers.

43CFL: Where is this league headed? - Page 2 Empty Re: CFL: Where is this league headed? Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:11 am

Anonymous

Only a bufoon living in Edmonton pounding about Winnipeg issues is backwards thinking. Do some reading edwin before you start playing simcity.

JTF, you are absolutely right. the peg , with a blank slate has sure fcked itself up going forward. FYI a subway line costs about 100 Million per km. twin tunnels for those harping about a subway. For those harping about an LRT, halve it, for those harping about a BRT, we have one already, just stopping building in the boondocks ( growing City ? really, must explain those 5 acre lots on Loudon with one house on each. ). What loons.

44CFL: Where is this league headed? - Page 2 Empty Re: CFL: Where is this league headed? Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:10 am

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

All rapid transit plans are a complete waste of resources, in my opinion.
Too high a cost and no benefit, and we spend only because the feds have some money for us!

45CFL: Where is this league headed? - Page 2 Empty Re: CFL: Where is this league headed? Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:25 am

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Edwin, what a mean spirited comment about Livio!
Livio would have added so much more than Charleswood got for a representative!

46CFL: Where is this league headed? - Page 2 Empty Re: CFL: Where is this league headed? Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:30 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

WTF?

This is a thread about the CFL. Find another thread to discuss your issues.

Like here: https://kwdc.forumotion.com/t77p275-ummrapid-transit-would-it-be-a-winnipeg-forum-without-this-thread?highlight=rapid#129991

Or here: https://kwdc.forumotion.com/t332-planning-and-developing-winnipeg?highlight=planning#6600

Perhaps we can enhance things by actually discussing the issues rather than attacking each other. See what you've done? You're turning me into that pompous a$$ known as zander! Farging icewholes...

Oh, happy new year!

47CFL: Where is this league headed? - Page 2 Empty Re: CFL: Where is this league headed? Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:32 pm

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Why is GOM trying to keep discussions only about the thread topic? lol

48CFL: Where is this league headed? - Page 2 Empty Re: CFL: Where is this league headed? Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:40 pm

Anonymous

He's just trying to get in touch with his feminine side Rosie.

49CFL: Where is this league headed? - Page 2 Empty Re: CFL: Where is this league headed? Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:41 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Is that the zander side?

50CFL: Where is this league headed? - Page 2 Empty Re: CFL: Where is this league headed? Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:43 pm

Anonymous

....the really bitchy side then. Smile

51CFL: Where is this league headed? - Page 2 Empty Re: CFL: Where is this league headed? Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:53 pm

Anonymous

Trying to get back to the thread GOM what do you feel about expansion and where do we go with it .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum