the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Not an attack ad: NDP

+2
Triniman
grumpy old man
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Not an attack ad: NDP - Page 2 Empty Re: Not an attack ad: NDP Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:54 pm

Deank

contributor eminence
contributor eminence

"time will tell if it is relavent"

but that has been the biggest problem with the white elephant.

People just keep saying wait and see, wait and see.... and here we are... 1 year later from when they still had 45 million in fund-raising to go and they are still 45 million short.

We cant afford to wait and see. We never could afford to wait and see. This project should have been stopped in its tracks day1. your right... we cant stop it now.

That does not mean we should stop being responsible and complaining. the moment we are quiet for long enough. BAM! we take on teh $45 million shortfall. Just wait and see Smile

27Not an attack ad: NDP - Page 2 Empty Re: Not an attack ad: NDP Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:56 pm

Mantha

Mantha
contributor plus
contributor plus

Stadium! STADIUM!

FOCUS!

Sadly, I think I've resigned myself to the stadium as well. I think it's in a sh1t location, I think Asper is getting away with theft (let the market decide the value of "the Elms"!), and in the end, meh it's going to go ahead no matter what.

http://yaciuk.blogspot.com

28Not an attack ad: NDP - Page 2 Empty Re: Not an attack ad: NDP Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:59 pm

Mantha

Mantha
contributor plus
contributor plus

Deank wrote:"That does not mean we should stop being responsible and complaining. the moment we are quiet for long enough. BAM! we take on teh $45 million shortfall. Just wait and see Smile

Like I say, let's stop the SAME sh1t DEAL from happening again on the stadium first.

We've got TWO leaks in the damn. The first one is beyond hope. Give up for the time being and stop the second leak from getting any bigger.

29Not an attack ad: NDP - Page 2 Empty Re: Not an attack ad: NDP Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:01 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

you have to admit though.. Given the Design of the museum. If we just held the football games in there it would make for a hell of an interesting game.

30Not an attack ad: NDP - Page 2 Empty Re: Not an attack ad: NDP Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:02 pm

Mantha

Mantha
contributor plus
contributor plus

LOL! True!

31Not an attack ad: NDP - Page 2 Empty Re: Not an attack ad: NDP Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:06 pm

FinanciallyConcerned

FinanciallyConcerned

Deank wrote:its fun to be beat dead horses tho... get back up there and argue back or I will have nothing to do but argue with myself.

LOL!!!!! Not an attack ad: NDP - Page 2 521148

Sorry Dean... have other fish to fry. The negativity against the Aspers is clear, and not worth debating against closed minds. I know people that say the same thing against MAyor Sam. And against other successful people that try and add to the mosaic that is our city. Nothing can be done or said to satisfy the BOO-BIRDS in Winnipeg. Other than elect them to office. Seems to have woprked for Jenny Gerbasi. She thinks she is a superstar when all she is is another BOO-BIRD like Glenn Murray was while he was in council. And then when he got to be Mayor(another dark period in the cities history), he whined becuase people were doing it to him.

Gotta LOVE Winnipeg! It's always interesting at least Wink

32Not an attack ad: NDP - Page 2 Empty Re: Not an attack ad: NDP Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:06 pm

Anonymous

Mantha wrote:Stadium! STADIUM!

FOCUS!

Sadly, I think I've resigned myself to the stadium as well. I think it's in a sh1t location, I think Asper is getting away with theft (let the market decide the value of "the Elms"!), and in the end, meh it's going to go ahead no matter what.

If it wasn't an election year, I'd agree with you.

However, since this mess has been in the media so much, our un-elected Premier must watch his step, and Katz has already been on record with his position, so I figure there still is a chance it can be stopped.

33Not an attack ad: NDP - Page 2 Empty Re: Not an attack ad: NDP Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:09 pm

Anonymous

FinanciallyConcerned wrote:
Deank wrote:its fun to be beat dead horses tho... get back up there and argue back or I will have nothing to do but argue with myself.

LOL!!!!! Not an attack ad: NDP - Page 2 521148

Sorry Dean... have other fish to fry. The negativity against the Aspers is clear, and not worth debating against closed minds. I know people that say the same thing against MAyor Sam. And against other successful people that try and add to the mosaic that is our city. Nothing can be done or said to satisfy the BOO-BIRDS in Winnipeg. Other than elect them to office. Seems to have woprked for Jenny Gerbasi. She thinks she is a superstar when all she is is another BOO-BIRD like Glenn Murray was while he was in council. And then when he got to be Mayor(another dark period in the cities history), he whined becuase people were doing it to him.

Gotta LOVE Winnipeg! It's always interesting at least Wink

Screw you.

So...anybody that doesn't like the deal is against the dealer eh?

Financially concerned??? Bull sh it!! You seem to grab your ankles without giving it any thought. You are financially unconcerned imo.

34Not an attack ad: NDP - Page 2 Empty Re: Not an attack ad: NDP Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:10 pm

FinanciallyConcerned

FinanciallyConcerned

Mantha wrote:Stadium! STADIUM!

FOCUS!

Asper didn't pick the location. The Govenrment Did! They forced it there to allow them to say it is part of EDUCATION upgrades, and secondary benifit is the Bombers can play there. By building it on the University grounds, they can pass it off as helping the University. After all, there are only 8 games a year, 9 if you get into the playoffs in the right position. 10 I guess if you count Exhibition games. The rest of the time it is a University Facility.

Asper may or may not be perfect or innocent in the Satdium deal, but he did not pick the location!

35Not an attack ad: NDP - Page 2 Empty Re: Not an attack ad: NDP Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:12 pm

Mantha

Mantha
contributor plus
contributor plus

FC, if you think I'm a granola eating Gerbasi booster, you're sadly mistaken.

What about the Elms? That's probably what I'm most pissed off at.

36Not an attack ad: NDP - Page 2 Empty Re: Not an attack ad: NDP Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:13 pm

FinanciallyConcerned

FinanciallyConcerned

[quote="JTF]"Screw you.

Financially concerned??? Bull sh it!! You seem to grab your ankles without giving it any thought. You are financially unconcerned imo."[/quote]

And you are entitled to your opinion. I would suggest offering it without the personal attacks. Very uncool.

Remember..."Name calling is the last resort of someone with nothing of value to say."

37Not an attack ad: NDP - Page 2 Empty Re: Not an attack ad: NDP Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:15 pm

Anonymous

Kettle meet pot.

If I don't like the stadium deal I'm against Asper? You make it personal, not me.
...same for the hole in the ground at the Forks....

38Not an attack ad: NDP - Page 2 Empty Re: Not an attack ad: NDP Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:16 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

"Asper didn't pick the location."

Uhh... yeah he did. It was his third choice. He tossed in the educational ideas to try and get the feds to bite more to help his BFF doer save some face.

39Not an attack ad: NDP - Page 2 Empty Re: Not an attack ad: NDP Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:18 pm

FinanciallyConcerned

FinanciallyConcerned

Mantha wrote:FC, if you think I'm a granola eating Gerbasi booster, you're sadly mistaken.

What about the Elms? That's probably what I'm most pissed off at.

Never suggested that you were a "granola eating Gerbasi booster" Mantha. SOrry if it seemed that way. WOuld never insult someone in that way Smile

As for The Elms...Never mentioned The Elms, and never made it part of my discussion. No opinion on it actually. It was part of the deal that they made and it is what it is. Is David Asper to be blamed for making a good deal for himself?

Only ones to blame are the politicians. We let them know how we feel with our vote. The provincial one will let Selinger and his cronies see how we feel, and the municial one .. well.. I guess the choice was one bad over the other so in that case it didn't work. sigh... oh well...

Hmmmm I thought I was getting off of this damn soapbox???? Sad

40Not an attack ad: NDP - Page 2 Empty Re: Not an attack ad: NDP Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:20 pm

FinanciallyConcerned

FinanciallyConcerned

JTF wrote:Kettle meet pot.

If I don't like the stadium deal I'm against Asper? You make it personal, not me.
...same for the hole in the ground at the Forks....

Never said you were Anti-Asper, I said I was in the Minority, thats all. I never mentioned you or anyone by name so I never made it personal. YOU on the otherhand did. I repeat...

Name calling is the last resort of someone with nothing intelligent to say.

41Not an attack ad: NDP - Page 2 Empty Re: Not an attack ad: NDP Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:22 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

"Is David Asper to be blamed for making a good deal for himself?"

all depends what he did to get that deal eh? I heard that there was a shortage on knee pads at the home depot across from the stadium.

"Hmmmm I thought I was getting off of this damn soapbox???? Sad"

LOL.. the sandbox is to addictive Smile

42Not an attack ad: NDP - Page 2 Empty Re: Not an attack ad: NDP Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:50 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

JTF wrote:Screw you.

Financially concerned??? Bull sh it!! You seem to grab your ankles without giving it any thought. You are financially unconcerned imo.
Wow, you eat with that mouth?

Okay, maybe he did not say you are anti-Asper, I'll say it based solely on the venom you constantly spew in your frequent Asper rants.

If you'd get your head out of your a$$ for a minute and stop drinking your hate Asper koolaid maybe you'd have something intelligent to say.

Hey that felt very mature writing that. Now I know why you do that so very frequently.

Yeah, yeah. I know. Go frick myself eh?

43Not an attack ad: NDP - Page 2 Empty Re: Not an attack ad: NDP Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:33 pm

Anonymous

You, on the other hand have your head deeply embeded in his ass.

And your position of making it all personal is wearing a bit thin.

I don't have a position on the man himself, other than to say he is very crafty and I don't trust him. This is because of his actions in the stadium matter and nothing more.

So, ya...go fri ck yourself again.

44Not an attack ad: NDP - Page 2 Empty Re: Not an attack ad: NDP Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:08 pm

FinanciallyConcerned

FinanciallyConcerned

JTF wrote:You, on the other hand have your head deeply embeded in his ass.

And your position of making it all personal is wearing a bit thin.

I don't have a position on the man himself, other than to say he is very crafty and I don't trust him. This is because of his actions in the stadium matter and nothing more.

So, ya...go fri ck yourself again.

Ah Ha!! So you ARE Anti-Asper.. becuase he cut himself a sweet deal and you are not able to get one like it yourself! Finally the turth comes out. Now don't you feel better having finally admitted it? Now the healing can begin.

And again... I will say, "Name calling is the last resort of someone with nothing intelligent to say!"

45Not an attack ad: NDP - Page 2 Empty Re: Not an attack ad: NDP Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:17 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Ahhh, the old I raise you a more expressive "stick it..." gambit. I expect nothing more from you jtf. You can't debate without vulgar and ignorant comments. Like almost every post when you don't like what others have written. You're true to your nature...

This nonsense you've no position on the man is beyond belief.

As to taking it personal, yeah guilty. Your constant troll-like comments about both the Aspers and the HRM/stadium do come across as personal. You know that yet you continue. Grow up.

46Not an attack ad: NDP - Page 2 Empty Re: Not an attack ad: NDP Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:26 pm

Triniman

Triniman
general-contributor
general-contributor

Away from the Sandbox, are you guys close friends and drinking buddies?

47Not an attack ad: NDP - Page 2 Empty Re: Not an attack ad: NDP Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:28 am

Anonymous

Like I said GOM, you have always had your head up Asper's ass, and couldn't say enough good things about this deal.

You are just a kool-aid drinking noodle head imo., that jumps on any old bandwagon that comes along.

Keep defending Asaker; it looks good on you.

48Not an attack ad: NDP - Page 2 Empty Re: Not an attack ad: NDP Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:12 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Enough already, grow up jtf...

49Not an attack ad: NDP - Page 2 Empty Re: Not an attack ad: NDP Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:48 am

Anonymous

Grow up yourself ass hole.

50Not an attack ad: NDP - Page 2 Empty Re: Not an attack ad: NDP Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:12 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Look at us two little kids. How mature be we? Since this thread has deteriorated we'll lock 'er down for a while.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum