the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

When will Israel attack Iran?

+5
Electrician
rosencrentz
Deank
grumpy old man
LivingDead
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1When will Israel attack Iran? Empty When will Israel attack Iran? Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:31 am

LivingDead

LivingDead
general-contributor
general-contributor

Any guesses?

Israel's Military Warning to Iran

Israel's threat of military action against Iran's alleged nuclear weapons programme is not a bluff, the country's deputy foreign minister has told Sky News.
Danny Ayalon issued the warning in the same week America and the UN called on the Islamic Republic to swiftly accept an offer from Western nations to export its uranium and have it processed abroad.
"The one who's bluffing is Iran, which is trying to play with cards they don't have," he said.
"All the bravado that we see and the testing and the very dangerous and harsh rhetoric is hiding a lot of weaknesses."

Mr Ayalon accused Iran of stalling tactics, saying: "If Iranian behaviour and conduct continues as they have exhibited so far, it is obvious that their intentions are only to buy time and procrastinate."
The minister also refused to rule out the use of military options by Israel or other nations against Iran if other measures fail.
Israel and America do not accept Tehran's claims its nuclear programme is only for civilian purposes.
Israeli analysts say the country is finalising its plans to attack Iran if necessary.
Dr Ronen Bergman, author of The Secret War With Iran, said if current trends continue, an Israeli strike will be inevitable.
"If history continues on its current path - yes, at the end of the day, Israel will attack," he said.
"The Iranians have expressed no willingness to stop the project. They see it as a necessity as an insurance policy for the regime to have the bomb."

The challenges of carrying out such a strike 1,000 miles from home against well-defended, deeply-buried nuclear facilities are considerable.
But so are the risks - Israel could expect a counter attack from Iranian allies, Hizbollah and Hamas, and terrorist attacks worldwide.
It would incur the wrath of America and the condemnation of European allies.
It would also risk handing Iran the moral high ground and giving the Islamic Republic an excuse for pursuing the bomb in earnest.
But observers in the Middle East believe all those considerations are secondary to the Israeli government's top priority.
"Israel is a tiny country. Israel cannot even sustain even one nuclear blast," said Dr Bergman.
"Therefore from the Israeli point of view the only way to combat it is not by a balance of deterrence but by preventing the other side from having it in the first place."

I would have to agree. Israel could not survive one or 2 nuclear attacks. I totally see them attacking in the very near future.

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/youare

2When will Israel attack Iran? Empty Re: When will Israel attack Iran? Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:03 am

Anonymous

Probably never. If Israel attacks Iran, it would be the dumbest PR move in Israeli history. It would likely sway public opinion against Israel permantly.

3When will Israel attack Iran? Empty Re: When will Israel attack Iran? Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:13 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

HurtinAlbertan wrote:Probably never. If Israel attacks Iran, it would be the dumbest PR move in Israeli history. It would likely sway public opinion against Israel permantly.
I doubt it.

But Israel will make every effort to ensure the world knows that Iran is threatening Israel and Israel is merely defending themselves.

That said I don't see it happening. I suspect Israel has enough nukes to take out all their enemies and the Arab world knows it. Nobody wants to start that war...

4When will Israel attack Iran? Empty Re: When will Israel attack Iran? Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:48 am

Anonymous

grumpy old man wrote:
HurtinAlbertan wrote:Probably never. If Israel attacks Iran, it would be the dumbest PR move in Israeli history. It would likely sway public opinion against Israel permantly.
I doubt it.

But Israel will make every effort to ensure the world knows that Iran is threatening Israel and Israel is merely defending themselves.

That said I don't see it happening. I suspect Israel has enough nukes to take out all their enemies and the Arab world knows it. Nobody wants to start that war...

Just from a demographic standpoint, it appears it's only a matter of time before there is an Islamic country that will become not only stronger than Israel, but more of an economic power than Israel. Islam is the fastest growing religion in North America. Experts perdict that by 2025, it will eclipse Christianity as the world's most popular religion.

That being said, Israel continues to grow with 6,000,000 Jews residing in the country. However, in the diasopra, the World's Jewish communities are aging, and dimishing. The US has always based their foreign policy on a number of factors, one of which is the very powerful pro-Israel lobby in Washington.

However, one wonders how long it can be maintained, as the number of Jews in America peaked in the 70's, and has decreased at an alarming rate over the last 2 decades. Will the US continue to support Israel when the Muslim population eclipses that of the Jewish population. It has already happened here, as there are approx. 1,000,000 Muslims in Canada, and only 360,000 Jews.

Foreign policy will no question be shaped by these demographic shifts, as many MP's will take a different stance on issues in the Middle East, as to not upset their constituents. It's already happening in some districts in Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver, as it can arguably be said that the ethnic vote prevented the Conservatives from having much success in these cities.

In time we will see. I just have this feeling that any pre-emptive strike against Iran by Israel may come back to haunt Israel and the Americans. The US should learn from their mistakes in Iraq that it may be better to stay out of Iran should any of this ocur.

5When will Israel attack Iran? Empty Re: When will Israel attack Iran? Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:30 am

Anonymous

Personally, I see changes coming from within Iran itself that will diffuse the situation. I understand that the younger people are very concerned with what their leaders are doing.

I don't believe that we get the real story of what's happening within Iran here through the mainstream media. I've come across a few articles lately that speak to this but can't remember where. Others must have read this also?

6When will Israel attack Iran? Empty Re: When will Israel attack Iran? Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:38 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

you mean the big one about the kid questionning the supreme leader about the election and him not being killed on the spot?

7When will Israel attack Iran? Empty Re: When will Israel attack Iran? Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:42 am

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Anyone who thinks Israel is "finalizing" a plan to attack Iran, doesn't know anything about Israel!
The plan is ready, finalized, and WE are depending on the USA, that great country that defends all democracies in the Middle East, to try and get Iran from completing their development of a nuclear bomb.
Does anyone remember Israel took out Iraq's nuclear facility, with aid from the USA?
Anyone wanting to know the details of the attack P.M. me or MizP, as we both have the plans! lol

http://www.elansofas.com

8When will Israel attack Iran? Empty Re: When will Israel attack Iran? Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:43 am

Anonymous

Heh...what about Chretien grabbing that guy by the throat...or Sgt. Pepper of the RCMP...remember him?

What I'm talking about is the stuff put out by journalists that were in Iran's population itself...talking to students and others, etc.

9When will Israel attack Iran? Empty Re: When will Israel attack Iran? Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:46 am

Anonymous

JTF wrote:
I don't believe that we get the real story of what's happening within Iran here through the mainstream media. I've come across a few articles lately that speak to this but can't remember where. Others must have read this also?

http://english.aljazeera.net/

10When will Israel attack Iran? Empty Re: When will Israel attack Iran? Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:51 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Israel will not attack Iran any time soon. No one will attack Iran. We MIGHT go into to help if the populace rises up.. but even that is very very doubtful.

12When will Israel attack Iran? Empty Re: When will Israel attack Iran? Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:04 pm

Electrician

Electrician
general-contributor
general-contributor

Well, if they don't battle it out, then they'll have to find another usage for their "expiring" weapons...

http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1416203996

13When will Israel attack Iran? Empty Re: When will Israel attack Iran? Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:06 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

electricity

14When will Israel attack Iran? Empty Re: When will Israel attack Iran? Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:42 pm

LivingDead

LivingDead
general-contributor
general-contributor

rosencrentz wrote:Anyone who thinks Israel is "finalizing" a plan to attack Iran, doesn't know anything about Israel!
The plan is ready, finalized, and WE are depending on the USA, that great country that defends all democracies in the Middle East, to try and get Iran from completing their development of a nuclear bomb.
Does anyone remember Israel took out Iraq's nuclear facility, with aid from the USA?
Anyone wanting to know the details of the attack P.M. me or MizP, as we both have the plans! lol

I predicted at the start of 2009 that Israel would attack before xmass 2009. The plans have been in place for a while, you are right there, Rosen.

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/youare

15When will Israel attack Iran? Empty Re: When will Israel attack Iran? Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:52 pm

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I will give you a hint! When MizP and I have not been on the forum for 3 days in a row, on the 4th we will be helping Israel! I will be yelling at the buggers and MizP will be cooking up a storm! lol
Asper, Shindleman and katz will be with us!

http://www.elansofas.com

16When will Israel attack Iran? Empty Re: When will Israel attack Iran? Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:16 pm

Triniman

Triniman
general-contributor
general-contributor

Who cares? The Iranian president can not be trusted, just look at how he stole the election. They need a change in power from the old guard to those who want democracy, before they get nuked big time. Obama will need to do something to win the next election, how about get rid the Iranian problem permanently?

17When will Israel attack Iran? Empty Re: When will Israel attack Iran? Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:46 pm

Triniman

Triniman
general-contributor
general-contributor

4 August, 2010.
Veteran Intelligence Professionals for Sanity's Steering Group, is claiming that Israel May Bomb Iran This
Month.

However, U of Ottawa professor Michel Chossudovsky, Director of the Centre for Research on Globalization (CRG), says that Israel would not attack would the explicit backing of the US.

18When will Israel attack Iran? Empty Re: When will Israel attack Iran? Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:12 am

Anonymous

However, U of Ottawa professor Michel Chossudovsky, Director of the Centre for Research on Globalization (CRG), says that Israel would not attack would the explicit backing of the US.

Well Duh.

19When will Israel attack Iran? Empty Re: When will Israel attack Iran? Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:34 pm

Electrician

Electrician
general-contributor
general-contributor

JTF wrote:However, U of Ottawa professor Michel Chossudovsky, Director of the Centre for Research on Globalization (CRG), says that Israel would not attack would the explicit backing of the US.

Well Duh.
Like, something to do with wood, chuck?

20When will Israel attack Iran? Empty Re: When will Israel attack Iran? Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:38 pm

Electrician

Electrician
general-contributor
general-contributor

What if they take a swing, and miss... Is Winnipeg in any danger???
Just make sure they're not on steroids... That would be cheating.
Better to be on ASTEROIDS.
(Don't mind my Friday evening posts... I'm fried...).

21When will Israel attack Iran? Empty Re: When will Israel attack Iran? Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:42 pm

RogerStrong

RogerStrong

Right-wing blogs and sites like Infowars and WorldNetDaily were telling people that Israel would attack Iran in 2007. They had to, to get US support, before the 2008 election campaigns started.

Then they told us that Israel would attack in mid-2008. They had to, to get US support, before the 2008 election itself.'

Then they told us that Israel would attack around December 2008 - January 2009. They had to, to get US support, before the power was handed over to the Democrats.

That attack has been Real Soon Now, every few weeks ever since.

Of course, just do a Google search on israel iran attack 2006, to find endless predictions on an attack in 2006. The same goes for 2005, 2004, 2003 etc.

The attack will still be Real Soon Now in 2015.

22When will Israel attack Iran? Empty Re: When will Israel attack Iran? Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:50 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

I do grow weary of how some peeps are so completely obsessed with Israel. Hell we even have one or two sandboxinians (past and present) who don't seem capable of leaving it alone.

Oh, and welcome to the sandbox RogerStrong.

23When will Israel attack Iran? Empty Re: When will Israel attack Iran? Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:56 am

Anonymous

Yes. Welcome and I agree with you.

The United States should put an end to this silliness once and for all.

They should tell both parties that if they didn't stop quarelling, that they will have this put on their Permanent Records.

24When will Israel attack Iran? Empty Re: When will Israel attack Iran? Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:01 am

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

RogerStrong wrote:Right-wing blogs and sites like Infowars and WorldNetDaily were telling people that Israel would attack Iran in 2007. They had to, to get US support, before the 2008 election campaigns started.

Then they told us that Israel would attack in mid-2008. They had to, to get US support, before the 2008 election itself.'

Then they told us that Israel would attack around December 2008 - January 2009. They had to, to get US support, before the power was handed over to the Democrats.

That attack has been Real Soon Now, every few weeks ever since.

Of course, just do a Google search on israel iran attack 2006, to find endless predictions on an attack in 2006. The same goes for 2005, 2004, 2003 etc.

The attack will still be Real Soon Now in 2015.

Read some of the rapturist sites.....they want Armageddon. They better hurry though because the Maya Calendar ends on December 21st, 2012! When will Israel attack Iran? Icon_eek

http://www.granhotelflores.blogspot.com

25When will Israel attack Iran? Empty Re: When will Israel attack Iran? Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:37 am

Triniman

Triniman
general-contributor
general-contributor

The faster we destroy the Earth, the faster we will see mankind saved! Not everyone, of course, there's only room for 144,000 peeps in Heaven, or something like that!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum