the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Islam For Dummies

+11
Deank
Bartron
EdWin
eViL tRoLl
Miz point
Goth_chic
grumpy old man
cherenkov
Freeman
SMW
Triniman
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Islam For Dummies Empty Islam For Dummies Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:00 am

Anonymous

I credated this thread to answer any question curious Sandbox members may have about Islam, and to disspell myths about this much discussed Religion. So if you have any questions or concerns, don't be afraid to ask away!

2Islam For Dummies Empty Re: Islam For Dummies Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:04 am

Triniman

Triniman
general-contributor
general-contributor

Why are women treated like second class citizens in Islam, and most other religions!

3Islam For Dummies Empty Re: Islam For Dummies Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:10 am

SMW

SMW
major-contributor
major-contributor

What are the differences between Halal and Kosher?

http://www.conceitedjerk.com

4Islam For Dummies Empty Re: Islam For Dummies Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:13 am

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Why were so many cabs parked outside the mosque on Ellice this morning?

5Islam For Dummies Empty Re: Islam For Dummies Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:20 am

cherenkov

cherenkov
contributor plus
contributor plus

Why do some Muslims hate Christians even though Jesus was a prophet of Islam?

http://anybody-want-a-peanut.blogspot.com/

6Islam For Dummies Empty Re: Islam For Dummies Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:35 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Why is the sky blue?

7Islam For Dummies Empty Re: Islam For Dummies Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:37 am

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

why do muslim countries seem to hate the USA, Europe and Canada? Oh and why do some muslims want sharia law?

8Islam For Dummies Empty Re: Islam For Dummies Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:23 pm

Anonymous

cherenkov wrote:Why do some Muslims hate Christians even though Jesus was a prophet of Islam?

Like most religions and ethnic groups, there will always be the vocal minority that have hate in their heart. Jesus was the fourth prophet of Allah, according to the Koran. Islam teaches it's followers to love and respect all people. However, some followers with pre-existing issues often misintrept the Koran and it's teachings.

9Islam For Dummies Empty Re: Islam For Dummies Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:28 pm

Anonymous

People use religion for their own purposes all the time. Muslin, Christian and Jew all have those that will take advantage of an opportunity to fcuk up others.

Those religions have to speak loudly against such people and some say, they don't do that.

10Islam For Dummies Empty Re: Islam For Dummies Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:30 pm

Anonymous

Goth_chic wrote:why do muslim countries seem to hate the USA, Europe and Canada? Oh and why do some muslims want sharia law?

Some Muslim governments often get the actions of the US Government confused with all Western Countries. One can argue that Muslims are justified if they dislike the US. The American government has never been a fair broker in terms of issues in the middle east.

The Americans have never cared for peace and stability anywhere in the World. Instead, thy look after their own selfish interests. They have destabilized the Middle East for decades. However, many Muslims love the US, and want to immigrate there eventually.

The Muslim World is changing. Al Jazeera is arguable most reputable news organization in the world. It's unbiased and democratic approach, and huge popularity with the Muslim world is shaping young minds in that area of the world, and people are learning that the best way to succeed is through knowledge and education, rather than the sword.

11Islam For Dummies Empty Re: Islam For Dummies Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:33 pm

Triniman

Triniman
general-contributor
general-contributor

cherenkov wrote:Why do some Muslims hate Christians even though Jesus was a prophet of Islam?
Side question: Why do some Christians hate Jews even though Jesus was a Jew?

12Islam For Dummies Empty Re: Islam For Dummies Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:35 pm

Anonymous

SMW wrote:What are the differences between Halal and Kosher?

Kosher and Halal describe what is "fit and proper" to eat for two groups of people, Jews and Muslims.

Both of these food laws have their roots in scripture, The Holy Bible and Torah for Kosher and The Quran for Halal.

One differentiation between Halal and Kosher is that before slaughter, Halal requires the praying to Allah. Kosher does not require a prayer to God before slaughtering.

Any Moslem having reached puberty is allowed to slaughter after saying the name of Allah and facing Makkah (Mecca).

The animal should not be thirsty at slaughter time.

The knife must be sharp, to minimize the time and hence save the animal pain associated with the slaughtering process.

The knife must not be sharpened in front of the animal because it may cause undue stress to that animal.

The slaughter is to be done by cutting the throat of the animal or by piercing the hollow of the throat, causing the quickest death with the least amount of pain.

The name of Allah has to be mentioned before or during slaughtering, since the Creator is the granter and taker of life; the name must be said by a member of the Moslem faith.

Meat slaughtered by people of the Jewish or Christian faith (People of the Book) may also be eaten.

The blood must be completely drawn from the carcass.

13Islam For Dummies Empty Re: Islam For Dummies Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:46 pm

Anonymous

xxx

Last edited by HurtinAlbertan on Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sorry bad joke that was offensive to a forum member...)

14Islam For Dummies Empty Re: Islam For Dummies Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:48 pm

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

HurtinAlbertan wrote:
Triniman wrote:Why are women treated like second class citizens in Islam, and most other religions!

Because the Lord created women to make men happy. Their job is to raise children and clean and maintain the household.

Oh please...that is a ridiculous statement. If that is truly what muslims believe then you can have it.

15Islam For Dummies Empty Re: Islam For Dummies Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:52 pm

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

What a selfish concept.......that we exist purely for the happiness of men and to make babies.....and clean the friggin house......so what about the happiness of the women in the equation? Oh yeah, that's right - we are supposed to be happy being SUBMISSIVE and SERVILE. Islam For Dummies 970993

Last edited by Miz point on Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.granhotelflores.blogspot.com

16Islam For Dummies Empty Re: Islam For Dummies Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:54 pm

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Seems to me that when some folks shop for a religion they tend to pick the one that reflects who they really are....that lack of intestinal fortitude and intellectual reasoning is really becoming painfully apparent today.

17Islam For Dummies Empty Re: Islam For Dummies Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:55 pm

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Miz point wrote:What a selfish concept.......that we exist purely for the happiness of men and to make babies.....

I was raised Christian, my Mom even taught Sunday school. We attended a United Church and we had a female minister. I was raised by both parents to be a strong independent woman. Not once did the church I attended say that women were only here to make a man happy and to have babies.

HA you can keep that religion. Yuck.

18Islam For Dummies Empty Re: Islam For Dummies Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:00 pm

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

HurtinAlbertan wrote:
SMW wrote:What are the differences between Halal and Kosher?

Kosher and Halal describe what is "fit and proper" to eat for two groups of people, Jews and Muslims.

Both of these food laws have their roots in scripture, The Holy Bible and Torah for Kosher and The Quran for Halal.

One differentiation between Halal and Kosher is that before slaughter, Halal requires the praying to Allah. Kosher does not require a prayer to God before slaughtering.

Any Moslem having reached puberty is allowed to slaughter after saying the name of Allah and facing Makkah (Mecca).

The animal should not be thirsty at slaughter time.

The knife must be sharp, to minimize the time and hence save the animal pain associated with the slaughtering process.

The knife must not be sharpened in front of the animal because it may cause undue stress to that animal.

The slaughter is to be done by cutting the throat of the animal or by piercing the hollow of the throat, causing the quickest death with the least amount of pain.

The name of Allah has to be mentioned before or during slaughtering, since the Creator is the granter and taker of life; the name must be said by a member of the Moslem faith.

Meat slaughtered by people of the Jewish or Christian faith (People of the Book) may also be eaten.

The blood must be completely drawn from the carcass.

Allah and God are one and the same......this is the problem with new converts.....the zealousness overrides pure fact......

19Islam For Dummies Empty Re: Islam For Dummies Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:00 pm

Anonymous

I have a confession to make. I made that out to be more bold just to ruffle some feathers. Truth is women are as equal as men. However, I do believe they are better at raising children and maintaining the household. That's just my personal opinion...

20Islam For Dummies Empty Re: Islam For Dummies Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:04 pm

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Women are not necessarily better at raising children or maintaining a household. My husband is an amazing father and spends just as much, if not more time with the kids then I do. He also does well at cleaning, laundry etc. I am the better cook but I also enjoy cooking more. Growing up, my Dad did the majority of the cooking....my Dad also changed our diapers, fed us, bathed us etc. You sound like a caveman.

21Islam For Dummies Empty Re: Islam For Dummies Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:05 pm

Anonymous

Is it too early to have a beer with my popcorn?

22Islam For Dummies Empty Re: Islam For Dummies Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:07 pm

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

It's never too early for beer JTF Islam For Dummies Icon_biggrin

23Islam For Dummies Empty Re: Islam For Dummies Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:09 pm

Anonymous

Islam For Dummies Bhutto_Benazir_130x171_1-8-2009-10-16-44

Benazir Bhutto, former Prime Minister of Pakistan. She was Muslim.

24Islam For Dummies Empty Re: Islam For Dummies Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:10 pm

Anonymous

...and this is what the critics of Islam would have you believe:

Last edited by HurtinAlbertan on Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : tasteless image)

25Islam For Dummies Empty Re: Islam For Dummies Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:14 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Try to keep this one civil folks. We really don't want a repeat of the last time do we?

Yes we do.

No we don't.

We do.

We don't.

This is the problem with debates about religion. Hard to believe those that claim to be religious resort to name calling and inflammatory comments...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum