the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gay Pride Parade

+10
grumpy old man
AGEsAces
SMW
Goth_chic
Freeman
eastsider
Deank
anny
love&hate
Triniman
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

76Gay Pride Parade - Page 4 Empty Re: Gay Pride Parade Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:43 pm

grumpy old man

administrator
administrator

FlyingRat wrote:In addition, to those that state that homosexuality is unnatural because the act of sex is a means of procreation: Homosexuality is one means of coping with the overpopulation of the world. As our society adapts and accepts those who choose not to procreate (including hetero couples who choose to remain childless), our society benefits.
I wouldn't go that far but sure it will put a crimp on the birth rate somewhat...

Last edited by grumpy old man on Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

77Gay Pride Parade - Page 4 Empty Re: Gay Pride Parade Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:44 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

AGEsAces wrote:
HurtinAlbertan wrote:
AGEsAces wrote:

Gender, Race, Birth Defects, Certain genetic diseases, Eye colour, hair colour, height...these are things you do NOT choose.
Just like being homosexual, IMHO.... Smile

How so?
Who you have sex with is a choice.

really? hmm.. my wife dont think so Smile

78Gay Pride Parade - Page 4 Empty Re: Gay Pride Parade Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:50 pm

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

Deank wrote:
AGEsAces wrote:
HurtinAlbertan wrote:
AGEsAces wrote:

Gender, Race, Birth Defects, Certain genetic diseases, Eye colour, hair colour, height...these are things you do NOT choose.

How so?

really? hmm.. my wife dont think so Smile

yes she does...who she doesn't have sex with is ALSO a choice Very Happy

http://www.photage.ca

79Gay Pride Parade - Page 4 Empty Re: Gay Pride Parade Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:02 pm

Anonymous

AGEsAces wrote:
HurtinAlbertan wrote:
AGEsAces wrote:

How so?

Absolutely. Who you have sex with is a choice. What I believe is what gender you prefer is not a choice. I'm sure there are still men and women in the closet for whatever reason. I know there are homosexuals who have had sexual relations with the opposite sex, but by definition if they are more attracted to their own sex, they would be defined as being homosexual.

80Gay Pride Parade - Page 4 Empty Re: Gay Pride Parade Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:20 pm

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

HurtinAlbertan wrote:
AGEsAces wrote:
HurtinAlbertan wrote:
AGEsAces wrote:

How so?

Absolutely. Who you have sex with is a choice. What I believe is what gender you prefer is not a choice. I'm sure there are still men and women in the closet for whatever reason. I know there are homosexuals who have had sexual relations with the opposite sex, but by definition if they are more attracted to their own sex, they would be defined as being homosexual.

See...now THAT is semantics...and it's not.

Sexuality is not determined by who you prefer, it's determined by who you actually have sex with. You can't have sexuality without having sexual relations...otherwise...you're "nonsexual".

Morally...it's better for homosexuals to argue for the "choice" option...because if they ever prove that there's a "gay gene" somewhere...it will give cause and defense to all those out there who claim they were "genetically predisposed" to have sex with animals, children, furniture, etc.

While again, those people may have tendencies towards those preferences...it's how they choose to act upon them that determines whether they are bestial, pedophile, or fetishists.

Sexual choices determine your sexuality. If you have homotendencies, or heterotendencies, or leathertendicies...or whatever other choice you feel most comfortable with.

Remember those friends from the Freep I mentioned earlier...they (and my wife) attended Pride Parades for a couple of years. Shortly after I came here I explained I didn't want to go...that it's "not my thing". But that got back to some of their friends as "I hate gays" (mostly because of one pscycho-witch who's not gay)...but it's just the opposite. I think gays are just like anyone else...just that they've made different choices. I don't fault people for their choice, as long as they aren't hurting anyone else.

And...as one comic I heard talking about gay marriage..."Why can't gays get married? They should have every right to be just as miserable as the rest of us!!" Very Happy.

81Gay Pride Parade - Page 4 Empty Re: Gay Pride Parade Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:29 pm

Anonymous

AGEsAces wrote:
HurtinAlbertan wrote:
AGEsAces wrote:
HurtinAlbertan wrote:
AGEsAces wrote:

How so?

See...now THAT is semantics...and it's not.

Sexuality is not determined by who you prefer, it's determined by who you actually have sex with. You can't have sexuality without having sexual relations...otherwise...you're "nonsexual".

Morally...it's better for homosexuals to argue for the "choice" option...because if they ever prove that there's a "gay gene" somewhere...it will give cause and defense to all those out there who claim they were "genetically predisposed" to have sex with animals, children, furniture, etc.

While again, those people may have tendencies towards those preferences...it's how they choose to act upon them that determines whether they are bestial, pedophile, or fetishists.

Sexual choices determine your sexuality. If you have homotendencies, or heterotendencies, or leathertendicies...or whatever other choice you feel most comfortable with.

Remember those friends from the Freep I mentioned earlier...they (and my wife) attended Pride Parades for a couple of years. Shortly after I came here I explained I didn't want to go...that it's "not my thing". But that got back to some of their friends as "I hate gays" (mostly because of one pscycho-witch who's not gay)...but it's just the opposite. I think gays are just like anyone else...just that they've made different choices. I don't fault people for their choice, as long as they aren't hurting anyone else.

And...as one comic I heard talking about gay marriage..."Why can't gays get married? They should have every right to be just as miserable as the rest of us!!" Very Happy.

Well I do not agree with you. You have your opinion and I have mine. Let's just agree to disagree. Cool

82Gay Pride Parade - Page 4 Empty Re: Gay Pride Parade Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:31 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

cant you guys just kiss and make out up?

83Gay Pride Parade - Page 4 Empty Re: Gay Pride Parade Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:40 pm

Anonymous

Deank wrote:cant you guys just kiss and make out up?

I hope you dont mean like this:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x269yv_will-ferrell-sacha-baron-cohen-best_fun

84Gay Pride Parade - Page 4 Empty Re: Gay Pride Parade Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:54 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

well no.. you dont have to wear a green shirt if you dont want to.

85Gay Pride Parade - Page 4 Empty Re: Gay Pride Parade Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:54 pm

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

Deank wrote:cant you guys just kiss and make out up?

no thanks...I choose to not kiss guys Very Happy.

86Gay Pride Parade - Page 4 Empty Re: Gay Pride Parade Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:59 pm

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

HurtinAlbertan wrote:Well I do not agree with you. You have your opinion and I have mine. Let's just agree to disagree. Cool

I disagree with lots of people, about a great number of topics. It does not mean they are right or wrong...it does not mean I am wrong (cause I'm never wrong Wink).

What you believe about a certain topic is yet another choice you make.

Just like the theory of evolution, and the belief in a supreme being are both choices you make. There's compelling arguments for either side...but no irrefutable proof of either.

87Gay Pride Parade - Page 4 Empty Re: Gay Pride Parade Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:29 pm

love&hate

love&hate

http://perezhilton.com/2009-06-16-should-parents-ask-kids-if-theyre-gay
The ladies on the view talking about parents asking if their kids are gay, and some talk of tendencies and preference. Somewhat interesting.
P.s I love celebrity gossip whatever, don't judge.

88Gay Pride Parade - Page 4 Empty Re: Gay Pride Parade Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:06 pm

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

love&hate wrote:http://perezhilton.com/2009-06-16-should-parents-ask-kids-if-theyre-gay
The ladies on the view talking about parents asking if their kids are gay, and some talk of tendencies and preference. Somewhat interesting.
P.s I love celebrity gossip whatever, don't judge.

I think to ask that question...you'd have to assume your child is having some kind of sexual relations...and since MY daughter won't be doing that till she's 30 or I'm dead...which ever comes later...I won't have to ask Wink.

Personally though...I think the caution of this is really trying to "pigeonhole" your child into choosing something because they feel they have to actually decide either way.

MOST kids, at some point, have "experimented" with the same sex. A shared kiss to see the "experience" or to "practice". A glance/look/touch out of curiosity.

So ask your kid if they are gay, and they had just "tried" something with their friend...they will think they are...and believe they have to live that way from that point on.

It's best to just discuss feelings and concerns, and let your kid know that if they have questions, feel free to ask...and don't belittle their questions or curiosity.

There's actually no reason why anyone should be labeled as "gay or lesbian" as though it's some kind of life-decision. They could just as easily be with someone else.

89Gay Pride Parade - Page 4 Empty Re: Gay Pride Parade Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:21 pm

Anonymous

Deank wrote:well no.. you dont have to wear a green shirt if you dont want to.

But what if I like green shirts? Razz

90Gay Pride Parade - Page 4 Empty Re: Gay Pride Parade Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:30 pm

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

HurtinAlbertan wrote:
Deank wrote:well no.. you dont have to wear a green shirt if you dont want to.

But what if I like green shirts? Razz

there must be something wrong with you Very Happy.

91Gay Pride Parade - Page 4 Empty Re: Gay Pride Parade Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:30 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

then by all means go right ahead Smile

92Gay Pride Parade - Page 4 Empty Re: Gay Pride Parade Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:44 pm

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

All people should be friends with only the same type of people, unless you were raised in the North End, and then you can be friends with everyone!

http://www.elansofas.com

93Gay Pride Parade - Page 4 Empty Re: Gay Pride Parade Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:48 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

"All people should be friends with only the same type of people"

this might explain why I have no friends

94Gay Pride Parade - Page 4 Empty Re: Gay Pride Parade Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:54 pm

anny

contributor
contributor

About sexuality and not having sexuality if you're not participating in some kind of sex act: I thought that being homosexual means being sexually attracted to someone of the same sex - not the act of having sex with someone of the same sex.

As you said, AGEsAces:

MOST kids, at some point, have "experimented" with the same sex. A
shared kiss to see the "experience" or to "practice". A
glance/look/touch out of curiosity.

So ask your kid if they are
gay, and they had just "tried" something with their friend...they will
think they are...and believe they have to live that way from that point
on.

So if someone feels a great preference for same sex sexual relationships, they may be homosexual. However, they then can choose to identify as homosexual and act as homosexual, or not. The actual homosexual sex act might just be exploration.

I really like what you suggest for talking with kids about their sexualities, though. That's what I hope to do with my own kids and with kids that I teach (if they bring it up). In our society, gender is a very prominent identifier. We label and guide kids towards a certain gender. In fact, we insist on it. Along the same lines, we also insist on people identifying with a certain sexuality and are uncomfortable if they do not. Just look at the comments about bisexuality on this forum topic.

My best guy friend came out to me about two years ago. He had lived as a straight person for over twenty years, who actively pursued women, and even had a long, loving, engaged to be engaged, sexual relationship with a woman. It took him a full 30 minutes of hedging before he finally said, "I'm gay." By this point, I thought he was either going to tell me he was dying or that he was in love with me, so "I'm gay" was really anti-climatic. My response? "Is that it?" Because seriously, that's it. To me, it really was a so what situation because it doesn't change our relationship or his person. He is still the same person. Now, he has decided to pursue relationships with men and identify as gay. However, that identification wasn't and still isn't, to some degree, comfortable. Women are still attractive, even sexually, and while I am comfortable with him not choosing a hard line to stick by, he isn't and neither is most of North America, frankly.

Another thought: if gay people don't come out, most people will assume they're straight because that's the default we've been raised to fall into - in my opinion. Is it any wonder, then, that some homosexual people feel a need to externalize their identity?

http://dineoutwinnipeg.tumblr.com/

95Gay Pride Parade - Page 4 Empty Re: Gay Pride Parade Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:09 pm

anny

contributor
contributor

Funny coincidence! The Simpsons episode on legalizing same sex marriage came on where Ralph Wiggum says, "I'm not gay! I'm nothing yet."

http://dineoutwinnipeg.tumblr.com/

96Gay Pride Parade - Page 4 Empty Re: Gay Pride Parade Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:33 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

that was not ralph

and yeah totally cool coincidence.

97Gay Pride Parade - Page 4 Empty Re: Gay Pride Parade Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:39 pm

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Is their a Roman Catholic parade?
Is their a Protestant parade?
Is their a Santa Claus parade?

98Gay Pride Parade - Page 4 Empty Re: Gay Pride Parade Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:43 pm

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Whooaaa.. How is spell cheque getting involved from me spelling th ier from their, and i tried to korrect it!

99Gay Pride Parade - Page 4 Empty Re: Gay Pride Parade Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:43 pm

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

their is a promblem

100Gay Pride Parade - Page 4 Empty Re: Gay Pride Parade Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:44 pm

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

th ier is a problem.. their is a problem, their

101Gay Pride Parade - Page 4 Empty Re: Gay Pride Parade Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:45 pm

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

try and spell their as thi er, but without the space! GOM quit ruining thimgs

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum