the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

City water park to retender???

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1City water park to retender??? Empty City water park to retender??? Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:22 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

2City water park to retender??? Empty Re: City water park to retender??? Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:25 am

Anonymous

I'm wondering if Leo thinks that perhaps Asper will fail with the Bombers proposal and he can have another shot at the whole package deal again (like the one he presented before).

3City water park to retender??? Empty Re: City water park to retender??? Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:29 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

hmm... interesting concept...

what are odds that Asper will fail? They were saying it all hinges on having people to rent the space he is building. WHOM in this financial climate will be moving into that area that is not already there and is willing to make enough of a committment to make it happen?

4City water park to retender??? Empty Re: City water park to retender??? Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:31 am

Anonymous

Do the Asper have any money anymore?

Are they a good credit risk?

5City water park to retender??? Empty Re: City water park to retender??? Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:32 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

They sold some stock when the company was seeing better days. Plus they do get paid for their jobs.

6City water park to retender??? Empty Re: City water park to retender??? Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:33 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Too bad really.

7City water park to retender??? Empty Re: City water park to retender??? Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:37 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Considering the current financial situation in the world and considering that less then 1 month after the announcement that Canad Inns was getting the water park money the city and province and asker said HEY I am also building this big bad water park and new stadium.. as FREAKIN FAR AWAY FROM CANAD INNS polo park as reasonably possible... If I were Canad Inns I might reconsider my option to build the water park too.

8City water park to retender??? Empty Re: City water park to retender??? Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:42 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Would the presence of a football stadium at Polo Park be part of Leo's water park business plan? Seems to me that there would be little added value from the stadium.

That said I'd prefer his water park on the St. Boniface land he proposed earlier for his stadium/hotel/water park/retail complex.

9City water park to retender??? Empty Re: City water park to retender??? Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:45 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

no but the presence of a massive water park in point douglas certainly would hurt him

Plus there has to be some bitterness involved here. Its Called Canad Inns stadium for a reason.. Because he sponsored it when they needed it most.. and now this sh1t?

10City water park to retender??? Empty Re: City water park to retender??? Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:46 am

Anonymous

grumpy old man wrote:

That said I'd prefer his water park on the St. Boniface land he proposed earlier for his stadium/hotel/water park/retail complex.
Much Agreed.

The conduct of those involved is questionable for their decision to dump this without a word.

11City water park to retender??? Empty Re: City water park to retender??? Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:51 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Deank wrote:no but the presence of a massive water park in point douglas certainly would hurt him

Plus there has to be some bitterness involved here. Its Called Canad Inns stadium for a reason.. Because he sponsored it when they needed it most.. and now this sh1t?
He announced his water park well after the Asper football plan was in place.

And the Point Douglas plan has been dead for some time now.

I suspect he simply made a business decision. Plus he is now developing the HSC hotel. He is likely prioritizing...

12City water park to retender??? Empty Re: City water park to retender??? Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:55 pm

Anonymous

Sad to say he is not part of the connection running City Hall. ASK Asper Shindelmen Katz

13City water park to retender??? Empty Re: City water park to retender??? Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:35 pm

umcrouc0

umcrouc0
contributor plus
contributor plus

So I guess we aren't about to put the money back to it's pre-waterpark allocation?

14City water park to retender??? Empty Re: City water park to retender??? Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:37 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

of course not

15City water park to retender??? Empty Re: City water park to retender??? Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:42 pm

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

why don't they build a waterpark in kildonan park?

16City water park to retender??? Empty Re: City water park to retender??? Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:12 pm

Anonymous

It is going to end up like the transit debate on and on it go's.

17City water park to retender??? Empty Re: City water park to retender??? Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:17 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Possibly. And? Razz

18City water park to retender??? Empty Re: City water park to retender??? Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:46 pm

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

They should build it at the U of M and the university could create a waterpark attendant degree!

19City water park to retender??? Empty Re: City water park to retender??? Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:33 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

FlyingRat wrote:They should build it at the U of M and the university could create a waterpark attendant degree!

Thats called being an Arts Major.

20City water park to retender??? Empty Re: City water park to retender??? Fri May 01, 2009 4:04 pm

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

I can't believe this thread made it to the bottom of the latest posts list already....

21City water park to retender??? Empty Re: City water park to retender??? Fri May 01, 2009 4:08 pm

Anonymous

Everyone is treading water ?

22City water park to retender??? Empty Re: City water park to retender??? Fri May 01, 2009 4:12 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

LOL...

23City water park to retender??? Empty Re: City water park to retender??? Fri May 01, 2009 4:18 pm

Anonymous

I really think there is a plan in the works but the spin doctors have to play with it .

24City water park to retender??? Empty Re: City water park to retender??? Fri May 01, 2009 4:19 pm

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

Seems like some animosity between Leo and the City. The way the city claims it was a mutual decision, and no comment from Leo's side....

25City water park to retender??? Empty Re: City water park to retender??? Fri May 01, 2009 4:21 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Doesn't sound like the ST B deal at all.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum