the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why is the City BUYING drinking water?

+2
Freeman
Deank
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Why is the City BUYING drinking water? Empty Why is the City BUYING drinking water? Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:44 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

http://www.winnipeg.ca/finance/findata/matmgt/documents//2010/930-2010//930-2010_Bid_Opportunity.pdf

the last year I can find the same bid it went for 89,400.00.

with some fairly outlandish other bids.

http://www.winnipeg.ca/finance/findata/matmgt/documents/2008/367-2008/367B-2008_Evaluated_Posted_Opening_Results.pdf

I am totally crazy in thinking that one city worker could do this job much much cheaper?

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Certain irony that one of the locations is a pumping station. Like they don't have water?

3Why is the City BUYING drinking water? Empty Re: Why is the City BUYING drinking water? Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:26 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Heh...apparently not.

Anonymous

One City worker may be able to fill a few thousand bottles a day, but will he be able to wash , sanitze and deliver them, or perhaps we invest in a mini bottling plant Shocked .Or each worker can bring his own , but then they'd request time to ge refill and if they are in construction zones or or "remote " sites ( Why is the City BUYING drinking water? 27789 ) , that could cost man hours.

As for the pumping station, wonder what the pressure if you opened a main valve to take a sip, but then you'd have to have a lab to sanitize the water Why is the City BUYING drinking water? 543352

Running out of relevant emoticons, so i'll shut up , was fun Why is the City BUYING drinking water? 51523

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I read the bid as just topping up tanks, not filling up small drinking containers.
What is the point of this thread DeanK?
I don't see any thing abnormal in water delivery, except the huge dollars being spent?

http://www.elansofas.com

Anonymous

Hey , you want some coffee and a donut ?

Anonymous

rosencrentz wrote:I read the bid as just topping up tanks, not filling up small drinking containers.
What is the point of this thread DeanK?
I don't see any thing abnormal in water delivery, except the huge dollars being spent?

YOu read what you want to read. I read Drinking water, which i extrapolated to crews needing water for their shifts during the summer moneths. As for what they do in Winter i have no clue but i am extrapolating and to lazy to read the bid. Besides, what do you mean topping up the tanks. Workers get tanks to take to work? And they have to be topped off ?

If thats the case, shirley , one man can't do that. 88 Grand, huge dollars, coem on, even for a big typhoon like you , 88 Grand is a drop in the bucket, so to speak, so our workers can remain hydrated.

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Coffee? What are you doing up? 294 - wife's cell phone, I am in my pyjama's

Last edited by rosencrentz on Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:08 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : removing wife's phone number)

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I don't think extrapolating is allowed on the forum!

10Why is the City BUYING drinking water? Empty Re: Why is the City BUYING drinking water? Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:53 am

jimj_wpg

jimj_wpg
contributor
contributor

Is Winnipeg still considering this? Found this glossy booklet while doing some Fall cleaning today.

Sandilands water is close to Marchand MB where Canadian Gold bottles this artesian water.

Meet Short-term Water Needs by Using High-quality Groundwater

A cost-effective approach to meet higher expected water needs in the short-term is to develop a potential high-quality groundwater source in the Sandilands Forest east of Winnipeg along with construction of the first 45 kilometers (28 miles) of a second aqueduct. This would cost $85 million, much less than the cost of a new aqueduct to Shoal Lake or another surface water source. This option depends on confirmation of aqueduct groundwater supplies, and provincial approval of the project.

SOURCE: Winnipeg's Water: Our Most Essential Resource ... ca. 1994/95.

11Why is the City BUYING drinking water? Empty Re: Why is the City BUYING drinking water? Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:32 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Great option and maybe we can cut the greedy SOBs trying to hold Winnipeg to ransom off at the knees...

12Why is the City BUYING drinking water? Empty Re: Why is the City BUYING drinking water? Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:11 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

meh.. the water from out there is so/so AND I dont think we should be taking that much water out of the aquifer. End up running into problems like in Texas.

13Why is the City BUYING drinking water? Empty Re: Why is the City BUYING drinking water? Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:26 am

Stonekiller

Stonekiller
contributor
contributor

I wonder if this is for when the city has to turn off the water while they work on the mains. So that there is potable drinking water available for affected residents. I've seen them roll those water buffalo's out but the water to fill them comes from somewhere.

14Why is the City BUYING drinking water? Empty Re: Why is the City BUYING drinking water? Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:39 am

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Stonekiller wrote:I wonder if this is for when the city has to turn off the water while they work on the mains. So that there is potable drinking water available for affected residents. I've seen them roll those water buffalo's out but the water to fill them comes from somewhere.

Yeah, it comes from somewhere that they haven't shut off the mains.scratch

15Why is the City BUYING drinking water? Empty Re: Why is the City BUYING drinking water? Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:40 am

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I have an idea. Why don't a bunch of us get together, get a few old cars and set up a barricade so no one can get in or out of the Shoal Lake First Nation.

I wonder where I got that idea from???

16Why is the City BUYING drinking water? Empty Re: Why is the City BUYING drinking water? Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:38 pm

jimj_wpg

jimj_wpg
contributor
contributor

Freeman wrote:I have an idea. Why don't a bunch of us get together, get a few old cars and set up a barricade so no one can get in or out of the Shoal Lake First Nation.

I wonder where I got that idea from???

Oka 1990. lol!

17Why is the City BUYING drinking water? Empty Re: Why is the City BUYING drinking water? Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:13 am

Stonekiller

Stonekiller
contributor
contributor

Yes and Oka turned out well...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum