the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Has Shaw customer service ever deteriorated...

+12
rosencrentz
Triniman
Mantha
eViL tRoLl
Stonekiller
sputnik
Deank
Goth_chic
Northlands
jimj_wpg
USApegger
grumpy old man
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Deank

contributor eminence
contributor eminence

not really, the prices are regulated

sputnik

sputnik
contributor plus
contributor plus

jimj_wpg wrote:When I moved out on my own in 1989 I remember paying $15 for MTS and about $20-$30 ish for Videon.

Now I pay $35 for MTS landline phone and $35 for MTS Internet... Most of that is to feed profits to shareholders, I've read recently that MTS' largest shareholder is based in Texas now, so it's not even Canadian, just like Hudson's Bay Co.

You live in a strange world jimj.

In 1989...

- you had no Internet (and your computer cost $4000)
- you had MAYBE had 22 TV channels is low-res standard definition.
- your long distance calling to Calgary cost $2/minute unless you called at 2 am on a Tuesday (then it was $1.50/minute).

Not to mention in 1989 you were probably making less than half of what you do now. So maybe (just maybe) not ALL of the money is going to greedy shareholders.

Is the concept of inflation new to you as well?

How much did a VIA Rail ticket to Toronto cost in 1989?

At any rate, if you want to get in on MTS' lucrative profits... buy your own shares. They are freely available to anyone.

sputnik

sputnik
contributor plus
contributor plus

Deank wrote:not really, the prices are regulated

Not to the end user.

The only prices that are regulated (and loosely at that) are the costs for long haul fiber and copper loops.

This was done to prevent the Telcos (who were once government monopolies) from being an easy monopoly in the free market.

That said, companies like Shaw and many major utilities are laying thousands of miles of fiber and the old telcos no longer have the lead on infrastructure that they did when they were privatized.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

I tried to register for TSN Jets on Shaw last night. After about 30 minutes on hold I was told that Shaw is not accepting orders yet and won't be until AFTER the free trial expires!

Have you ever heard of anything so asinine? Talk about shooting oneself in the foot. I will register, only because I am held captive, but I'm not happy.

Shaw has lost perspective when it comes to good customer experience.

JT Estoban

JT Estoban
major-contributor
major-contributor

It can be done...when I called to sign up to get my cable box re-activated after deactivation over the summer, I requested the same thing, and posed this question

"just so I don't have to call back and trouble you once again, is it possible for me to tell you now, in advance that I want TSN Jets after the free trial? Or do I have to call back....?"

and the fellow on the other end said he would "open a ticket" which would be addressed after the trail date elapsed....

At the time, I was getting a new modem shipped to me, so I was advised that once the modem arrived, I would have to call back to have the TSN Jets "trouble ticket" re-assigned to my account, as only 1 open ticket is allowed per account at any given time.

So...that 'could' potentially work....I still expect TSN Jets will go dark on me after the trial and I'll have to call in anyway, but I still tried.

However I agree, the loops one has to go through in order to declare that one wants said service after the trial expires is pretty silly.
(I'm giving Shaw the benefit of the doubt, getting the Jets back happened relatively quickly, and perhaps they haven't made corrections to the work flow patterns for their CSR's. But still, if I didn't know better, I'd say Shaw appears to be running at government speeds on this one)

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Dude at shaw call centre said they no longer collect names of potential Jets TSN customers. "Can you imagine the numbers of calls we'd have to make? The demand has been very high."

Twits...

trebor204

trebor204

Bartron

Bartron
major-contributor
major-contributor

I guy came knocking at my door last night and got me to switch back to MTS, too good of a deal to say no to.

JT Estoban

JT Estoban
major-contributor
major-contributor

Thanks for that Trebor! Smile

USApegger

USApegger
contributor
contributor

I am with MTS, I received a message right on my TV screen asking me if I wanted to subscribe to TSN Jets. I pressed the yes button.

That's it, got the bill today and it was added on, did not miss a game in November (their free preview was for just one month) did not have any problems during the free preview, unlike Shaw not showing the first period of one game and I also get CBC Winnipeg HD for the Saturday games

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

trebor204 wrote:You can order the Jets Channel online:

https://shaw.ca/Secure/Television/Programming/Sports/TSN-Jets/Form.aspx
Thanks. Done!

How bizarre is that? The twit on the phone says nope, no can do yet there is an on-line form that "instantly" subscribes you if you supply your account number.

Morons...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum