the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Has Shaw customer service ever deteriorated...

+12
rosencrentz
Triniman
Mantha
eViL tRoLl
Stonekiller
sputnik
Deank
Goth_chic
Northlands
jimj_wpg
USApegger
grumpy old man
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

grumpy old man

administrator
administrator

Stonekiller wrote:
eViL tRoLl wrote:Is Shaw phone not a a glorified VOIP dependent on internet connectivity? If so I would not be too pleased because their internet is out quite freuently, sometimes for a whole night.

My Shaw connection is seldom if ever down. I can't even remember the last time it was down unexpectedly or otherwise.
Ditto.

Triniman

Triniman
general-contributor
general-contributor

Goth_chic wrote:I was an MTS customer up until 2004. I had some really bad service from them so I switched to Shaw.

Shaw has given me excellent service and I have no plans on switching back.

Very happy with Shaw. They went out of their way to hook up my plasma to the PVR. Excellent customer service so far.

Anonymous

Ditto our MTS service.

USApegger

USApegger
contributor
contributor

Love my MTS HD PVR. Very happy withg MTS, all the bundles, prices and choices MTS gives

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I just switched from MTS to Shaw, in August because I have got their TV for $15 per month, Internet for $15 per month, and a land line phone for $15 per month, for the 1st 6 months.

What a saving!

http://www.elansofas.com

Stonekiller

Stonekiller
contributor
contributor

The biggest problem in my opinions with MTS is mainly from a technical standpoint, unless they bring Fiber Optic to the curb, Shaw can continue to offer significantly more options for their customers. MTS is trapped in the technical boundaries of the copper wire that all their services run on.

Customer service fluctuates, I have had fairly positive experiences with both MTS and Shaw, however I have astonishingly bad customer service with both as well. I tend to not dwell on those things and procure services that meet my needs based on the offering, not on how nice their CSR's are.

Shaw = Fastest Internet available, solid HD Offerings, and for me flawless phone service

I have no reason to switch.

sputnik

sputnik
contributor plus
contributor plus

eViL tRoLl wrote:Is Shaw phone not a a glorified VOIP dependent on internet connectivity? If so I would not be too pleased because their internet is out quite freuently, sometimes for a whole night.

No. While they share the same RG6 run, they operate on separate networks.

sputnik

sputnik
contributor plus
contributor plus

Stonekiller wrote:

My Shaw connection is seldom if ever down. I can't even remember the last time it was down unexpectedly or otherwise.

Same here. I have had Shaw for over 10 years now and have NEVER had to phone their service desk due to an outage of any type (phone, TV or internet).

eViL tRoLl

eViL tRoLl
contributor plus
contributor plus

I had a total outage in the neighbourhood this summer. I know that others were affected too, because some of the unsecured WiFis that I can see also did not have internet. I tried to call Shaw around 10:30pm, and was on hold until way after midnight, when I gave up. Their customer service is obviously not prepared for an outage that affects many people at one time.

BTW, internet was back on the next (Sunday) morning.

sputnik

sputnik
contributor plus
contributor plus

eViL tRoLl wrote:I had a total outage in the neighbourhood this summer. I know that others were affected too, because some of the unsecured WiFis that I can see also did not have internet. I tried to call Shaw around 10:30pm, and was on hold until way after midnight, when I gave up. Their customer service is obviously not prepared for an outage that affects many people at one time.

BTW, internet was back on the next (Sunday) morning.

If there was a total network outage, what difference would it make if you got through or not?

All they would do is say... "we know... we are working on it... "

JT Estoban

JT Estoban
major-contributor
major-contributor

We're long time Shaw TV and Internet customers but use MTS for cell coverage and have no home phone.

This last summer we turned off TV and bumped up the internet speed/cap and have enjoyed it very much thus far.

The only issue coming up now, is TSNJets....MTS and Shaw do not have that channel...yet. Bell TV however does. Considering MTS and Shaw do not have an extra package/charge for this channel now, it's all speculation that it will cost somewhere in the $100 per season price range on either of those two telco's.

It's my understanding (still have to verify with Bell) that Bell TV doesn't have an extra charge for TSNJets channel, it's 'included' in one of the extra sports bundles. And going by prices on the Bell website, it apears that you can get a HD terminal box for free and the bare minimum programming package (including sports packs) should cost around the $60 mark when it's all said and done. [A rough calculation on my part]

So because regular TV programming is a moot issue for us, to save $40 per month on TSNJets, the winner appears (for now) to be Bell.

Anyone else considering making the jump?
Just curious... :-)

Should MTS and Shaw fail to provide TSNJets to their customers, I can see Bell making some inroads in the Manitoba area...anyone else care to comment?

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

I'd make the jump if Shaw did not get the package however I probably would not be able to receive the satelite signals.

sputnik

sputnik
contributor plus
contributor plus

JT Estoban wrote:Anyone else considering making the jump?
Just curious... :-)

Only if Shaw doesn't get the channel at all would I consider making the move to Bell.

I have heard however, that they will in fact be getting the channel and are just figuring out how to sell it and if they are going to charge for it.

I have looked in to the Bell packages but I just can't make the pricing work once I break the bundle pricing with Shaw with my home phone and Internet service. So even if they charge an extra $5-10/month for the TSN Jets channel, it still isn't worth the money to move over to Bell.

Bartron

Bartron
major-contributor
major-contributor

Shaw just announced they are now offering TSN Jets. $10 a month. And a free preview until December 1. I'm on hold ordering it right now!

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

LOL

just tried calling shaw.... we will call you back in 45 to 49 minutes if you want...

well sure call backs are awesome... talking to someone within 10 minutes is even better.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

I'm on hold now...

sputnik

sputnik
contributor plus
contributor plus

Bartron wrote:Shaw just announced they are now offering TSN Jets. $10 a month. And a free preview until December 1. I'm on hold ordering it right now!

Why now? You have it for free until Dec 1.

Order it in late November once the frenzy has died down.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

ten bucks per month. id buy that

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

When I got through the young gal had no clue what I was talking about. She kept saying the only way to get Jets games was to purchase Centre Ice. I told her I was in Winnipeg and Jets games are blacked out on Centre Ice in Winnipeg. I told her that Shaw had announced a program and explained what the program was.

She held firm...

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

lol

jimj_wpg

jimj_wpg
contributor
contributor

Goth_chic wrote:
jimj_wpg wrote:SHAW SUCKS pussy.

jealous?

Not really. Things were better before SHAW and the corporate owned MTS.

When I moved out on my own in 1989 I remember paying $15 for MTS and about $20-$30 ish for Videon.

Now I pay $35 for MTS landline phone and $35 for MTS Internet... Most of that is to feed profits to shareholders, I've read recently that MTS' largest shareholder is based in Texas now, so it's not even Canadian, just like Hudson's Bay Co.

It's totally crazy. SHAW f**cked up VPW, took away VSP-7 local programming.

Both MTS and SHAW are greedy corporations.

I believe the way out of this is to go back to local ownership, and this time by making both the local cable co. and phone co. operate as a co-op. If you know MTS' history ... prior to 1908 each town or region within the province had its own phone co. ... it doesn't really need to be province-wide in terms of ownership, just be interconnected as such.

Smaller is better.

Secondly, is it really necessary to have 300 channels available if we can go back to the late 1980s early 1990s model of about 30 channels.

In the UK they have access to 'local-loop unbundling', which is the same concept as cell phone competition...The wire is owned by the local telco., but they allow others to use the wire... In Canada that's like in the 1990s when we had Long Distance competition -- Sprint, MTS, Unitel, and others.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Local_Loop_Unbundling

It would be nice to subscribe to a DSL service, without having to go with MTS. If there were ROGERS I'd go with a ROGERS DSL instead, or something that would be a local co-op deal...Remember when there was natural gas competition, where there is one supplier, but several mini companies who resell the gas?

Sourpuss

Sourpuss
major-contributor
major-contributor

Without a word of a lie, I was told my wait time with Shaw was FOUR HOURS yesterday when I called in to whine about my internet going down. Leave a message and get a call back? FOUR HOURS. Do they only have three monkeys hammering on typewriters there at the call centre?

We were on Telus when we lived in Richmond, and it was horrid service, horrid product, massive problems. Shaw is, if nothing, decent product. I rarely have issues with my internet/cable. We've also had techs that were awesome. But the call centre? FAIL.

http://www.citizensourpuss.wordpress.com

Triniman

Triniman
general-contributor
general-contributor

Sourpuss wrote:Without a word of a lie, I was told my wait time with Shaw was FOUR HOURS yesterday when I called in to whine about my internet going down. Leave a message and get a call back? FOUR HOURS. Do they only have three monkeys hammering on typewriters there at the call centre?

We were on Telus when we lived in Richmond, and it was horrid service, horrid product, massive problems. Shaw is, if nothing, decent product. I rarely have issues with my internet/cable. We've also had techs that were awesome. But the call centre? FAIL.

We're in a free market. ISPs will lose/ gain customers based on service because customers have a choice. The free market knows best.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

except we are not in a free market we are in a very very heavily regulated market

Triniman

Triniman
general-contributor
general-contributor

Deank wrote:except we are not in a free market we are in a very very heavily regulated market

Still a free market. People have choice.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

not really, the prices are regulated

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum