the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

why is this officer being investigated?

+5
AGEsAces
FlyingRat
Freeman
grumpy old man
Deank
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1why is this officer being investigated? Empty why is this officer being investigated? Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:03 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/breakingnews/officers__behaviour_investigated.html

from what I see ( and from experience growing up in Rural Canada)
They had a non drunk driver. With passengers drinking in the vehicle. The cop pulled them over. found the open liqour. Let them choose who was going to be charged with open liquor. Confiscated the evidence.... Posed with the thankful partiers ( cause he could have charged them all ) ... and sent them on their way... Is there really a problem here? Should this guy be investigated?

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

They are probably charging him because of the photos and the "damage" they do to the reputation of the force. By all accounts he did the right thing. Seemed reasonable to me anyway. His judgment on the photos was poor though and probably led us to where we are now...

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I agree, even though I am not a country hick. The cop dealt with the situation. He did what had to be done, the partiers had a little fun with it and all seems to have ended well. From what I see, he was outnumbered 4 to 1, so he made the best of the situation, without fuss or muss. Keep in mind that in a small community, he would be dealing with these people on an almost daily basis. Should his response have been hard nose, then we'd be reading about the Mountie being an asshole.

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

Sure, its an unusual circumstance, investigate what happened, conclude all is well, and carry on.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

I dont believe its an unusual circumstance at all, shouldn't cops feel like they are members of the community and isn;t having your picture taken with one to be considered cool? Now if the cop would have let them play with his tazer or gun.. thats another matter..
Whatever happened with that anyway?

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

Here's the thing. Every stop has a recorded tape from dispatch which will be reviewed.
Every officer has to write a report of every stop.

And, the thing to remember, is that many of the officers working out there now are under 30, which...for those of us over 30 is hard to comprehend. These are young guys...who are inexperienced and easily distracted...especially by young blonde women. (or switch the sexes as required). And they also think it's "fun".

Odds are good this guy might get a reprimand in his file. Nothing serious. He's been educated and life goes on.

Whoever the whiner is they were talking about in the article should probably just move if things are so bad. Maybe into a gated community...or even better...a mental institution.

http://www.photage.ca

IG Guy

IG Guy
contributor plus
contributor plus

well whats wrong with this? shouldn't people be able to to feel comfortable around our police forces? I would rather feel comfortable then to be scared of getting tased to death! I mean... wait... yea thats what I mean! Shocked

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

"shouldn't people be able to to feel comfortable around our police forces?"
yup they sure should be able to feel comfortable around them, confortable enough that they also respect them as friends.

IG Guy

IG Guy
contributor plus
contributor plus

Imagine how much better people would follow the law if we all respected police as friends. lol

Anonymous

I see the problem of taking pictures like this as self-evident in the first photo...where some kid is in the background making fun of the cop. Opens them up to ridicule for little benefit. You can be nice but not allow pictures at the same time.

Bottom line with this cop is his judgement is now called into question.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

but cops are people too.. why not have bunny ears? seariously whats wrong with that?

Anonymous

First thing is that it clearly shows he does not have control of the situation...could be a very dangerous thing in the future.

Anonymous

Secondly, it makes him look like an idiot.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

how does this make him look like an idiot? Makes him look like a normal guy to me.

Anonymous

Heh heh...perhaps a little too normal...but...c'mon..donkey ears is more like it...

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

IG Guy wrote:Imagine how much better people would follow the law if we all respected police as friends. lol

friends with guns...and the right to order us to follow the law.

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I changed my mind. The guy making the bunny ears should have been shot. The two girls deserved nothing less than a sound bludgeoning with a night stick and the other guy should have been tased. That way there would have been something to be investigated.

Anonymous

Those naughty girls sure could use a spanking imho. :twisted:

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

JTS's just upset cause he doesn't have a policeman's uniform so he doesn't get as much action as this guy did.

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

I'm sure in their state of mind a UPS uniform would have worked just as well Wink

IG Guy

IG Guy
contributor plus
contributor plus

What is worse? the officer taking pictures on the side of the highway or this guy....

"In late May, a Winnipeg officer apparently loaned a Taser to a former doughnut-shop employee to pose for pictures with."

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

The Mountie definitely has better taste. The two girls posing with him looked pretty decent compared to lending your taser to some guy in a doughnut shop.

If I was a cop and was going to take some flack, I'd rather at least have a picture to remember it by.

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

and a couple of pelvic hugs

IG Guy

IG Guy
contributor plus
contributor plus

Freeman wrote:The Mountie definitely has better taste. The two girls posing with him looked pretty decent compared to lending your taser to some guy in a doughnut shop.

If I was a cop and was going to take some flack, I'd rather at least have a picture to remember it by.

Exactly! atleast this guy isn't trading weapons for doughnuts!

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

The proverbial icing on the cake is that the Mountie also "confiscated" the beer.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum