the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Election May 2nd.

+9
Freeman
AGEsAces
Outsider
Miz point
Jondo
Deank
Electrician
grumpy old man
rosencrentz
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51Election May 2nd. - Page 3 Empty Re: Election May 2nd. Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:37 pm

Deank

contributor eminence
contributor eminence

man its fun debating with people who dont have all the facts.

Actually got someone to respond.

Brian Rodgers
I am not a Green Party supporter, However I think the Green Party should be allowed in the Leaders Debate

24 minutes ago · LikeUnlike · · View Feedback (5)Hide Feedback (5)

• Ryan Oram likes this.

• Election May 2nd. - Page 3 161365_1072147056_1086944_qDean Koshelanyk By what reasoning do you allow Miss May, but not allow a leader from all the parties? Does democracy have a number?

* Animal Alliance Environment Voters Party of Canada
      * Bloc Québécois
      * Canadian Action Party
      ...* Christian Heritage Party of Canada
      * Communist Party of Canada
      * Conservative Party of Canada
      * First Peoples National Party of Canada
      * Green Party of Canada
      * Liberal Party of Canada
      * Libertarian Party of Canada
      * Marijuana Party
      * Marxist-Leninist Party of Canada
      * New Democratic Party
      * People's Political Power Party of Canada
      * Pirate Party of Canada
      * Progressive Canadian Party
      * Rhinoceros Party
      * United Party of Canada
      * Western Block PartySee More
      9 minutes ago · LikeUnlike

• Election May 2nd. - Page 3 203118_508912254_5832167_q

Brian Rodgers I
      think that if a Registered Party with Elections Canada, And have
      Candidates in all electoral ridings then they should be allowed in the
      leaders debate.8 minutes ago · LikeUnlike

• Election May 2nd. - Page 3 161365_1072147056_1086944_qDean Koshelanyk ‎"have Candidates in all electoral ridings"

So
      then the PCs and bloc are out then? (and currently NDP until they
      replace that person in Ontario who bowed out?) ... and if I am not
      mistaken was there not one riding that never had a Liberal ...candidate during the last election?See More
      3 minutes ago · LikeUnlike

• Election May 2nd. - Page 3 203118_508912254_5832167_q

Brian Rodgers Dude, Just my opinion!2 minutes ago · LikeUnlike

• Election May 2nd. - Page 3 161365_1072147056_1086944_qDean Koshelanyk thats
      cool. .I am just trying to understand what number democracy starts
      at... I can understand your number... someone running in all ridings..
      thats cool.. but it leaves us with just the NDP and Green in the debate.
      Which quite frankly would be useless as a national debate.2 seconds ago · Like

52Election May 2nd. - Page 3 Empty Re: Election May 2nd. Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:59 pm

Bartron

Bartron
major-contributor
major-contributor

So Dean, you're against the greens being included in debates, yet you went absolutely bat sh1t loco when someone didn't want to include the fringe candidates in a debate for the last mayoral election.

53Election May 2nd. - Page 3 Empty Re: Election May 2nd. Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:05 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

nope. not against them being included in debates.

I am asking why she thinks she is more important then the other parties that are included. I am trying to find out just where Democracy begins for Miss May

1 vote?
10 votes?
1 Million votes?

or it is only democracy when its something she wants?

I included every single person running when I held the winnipeg north debate. The cons declined but I made sure the other parties were there. I freakin bent over backwards to make sure they were all included.

Greens, Communists, Pirates, Christian Heritage

54Election May 2nd. - Page 3 Empty Re: Election May 2nd. Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:45 pm

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

From the facebook page of a 21 yr old U of W student: "Tax the businesses to give money to students? but where will the students work when they finish school"

The acorn doesn't fall far from the tree.

If a 21 yr old can figure it out, why can't the Liberals and the NDP?

55Election May 2nd. - Page 3 Empty Re: Election May 2nd. Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:13 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

this website has Winnipeg North going back to NDP in a HUGE way.

http://www.threehundredeight.blogspot.com/

I call doubts on that. Many hardcore NDP are pissed about the Candidate being Rebecca and have said they wont vote. Many softcore NDP have simply said they are going with Kevin because they know he works hard for the community.

56Election May 2nd. - Page 3 Empty Re: Election May 2nd. Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:26 pm

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

This was decided very fairly by the MEDIA, who were able to count up to 5 and realized that they did not have enough chairs! lol

Almost a million votes, but no clue and no chance to be of any importance, because they are not represented in parliament.
What we should be seeing is one debate with the Lib, Cons and NDP (excluding the BQ?) and 1 debate with just IGGY and HARPER.
That would be interesting, although in the last debate , I would have voted BQ, because I thought he was the best speaker!

http://www.elansofas.com

57Election May 2nd. - Page 3 Empty Re: Election May 2nd. Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:47 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

People can speak with their votes and her elect her then.. However..

Its obvious Miss May does not want to ever be elected and she is just loving being paid as a Party leader and not having to do anything other then fly around the country speaking about nothing.

Is she REALLY wanted to be elected she would not continually pick a different riding to run in against STRONG candidates.

Joe clark..when he lost? A Calgary PC MP stepped down, caused a byelection and Mr Clark even though had nothing to do with the area won handily.

Miss May should have "picked" an easier riding is she wanted to win. she doesn't.. and thats obvious to anyone who can see.

58Election May 2nd. - Page 3 Empty Re: Election May 2nd. Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:00 am

Anonymous

I like her only because she and her party siphon off a few votes from the Liberals and NDP.

But I doubt that being in a debate really makes any difference to her position...or other's for that matter. I figure most people just confirm their decision with the debates. Possibly a few are persuaded to change, but, more likely, just to stay home and not vote.

59Election May 2nd. - Page 3 Empty Re: Election May 2nd. Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:28 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

anyone know her?

http://matejicka.ca/

60Election May 2nd. - Page 3 Empty Re: Election May 2nd. Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:34 am

Anonymous

Here's her deal.....

Ann Matejicka was born in Winnipeg in 1972. Raised in Tyndall Park, she attended Tyndall Park Community School and is a graduate of Sisler High School.

She studied political science and received her Bachelor of Arts from the University of Winnipeg. After completing the Creative Communications Program at Red River College, she continued her studies in the Masters of Public Administration program at the University of Winnipeg.

Ann has been dedicated to public service and has extensive experience as a political aide working in Ottawa. She has had the opportunity to work as a parliamentary and communications advisor to a number of federal Ministers, including Justice Minister Rob Nicholson, Revenue Minister Gordon O'Connor and Minister of State Diane Ablonczy.

As your MP Ann will stand up for Winnipeg North and be a strong voice in government. She will fight for:

• A stronger economy and jobs in Winnipeg North
  • Improving the financial security of workers, seniors and families by maintaining focus on securing our economic recovery
  • Not giving in to the reckless Ignatieff/NDP/Bloc Québécois Coalition demands to impose massive tax hikes
  • Laws to get tough on crime and help victims

• Improvements to our immigration system

Ann and her spouse Robert are the proud parents of two boys, Jack (4) and Mitchell (1). She considers motherhood to be one of her greatest accomplishments.

61Election May 2nd. - Page 3 Empty Re: Election May 2nd. Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:35 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

frick. based on About Ann.. It looks like she no longer lives here.

Damn. well I guess I cant vote for her.

62Election May 2nd. - Page 3 Empty Re: Election May 2nd. Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:38 am

Anonymous

Where does it say anything about where she lives in About Ann?

63Election May 2nd. - Page 3 Empty Re: Election May 2nd. Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:56 am

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

She's better looking than Lamoureux or Blaikie, so she automatically has my vote.

64Election May 2nd. - Page 3 Empty Re: Election May 2nd. Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:58 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

JTF wrote:Where does it say anything about where she lives in About Ann?

Ann has been dedicated to public service and has
extensive experience as a political aide working in Ottawa. She has had
the opportunity to work as a parliamentary and communications advisor to
a number of federal Ministers, including Justice Minister Rob
Nicholson, Revenue Minister Gordon O'Connor and Minister of State Diane
Ablonczy.

65Election May 2nd. - Page 3 Empty Re: Election May 2nd. Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:31 pm

Sourpuss

Sourpuss
major-contributor
major-contributor

The good news for Winnipeg North? The apathy that prevented everyone from taking down the Kevin signs during the last by-election has paid off in spades! The Libs have hardly any work ahead of them, seeing as the giant concrete tower on Maplegrove and all of the fences lining Keewatin never removed their signs in the first place. Just like the Christmas decorations: one will never fret over seasonal decor when one will never take it down.

Here in my neck of the woods (or armpit?) there are only Anita Neville signs everywhere. I ordered a huge-a$$ blue Tory sign weeks ago, but in typical fashion, they still haven't brought it. Every election the local Tory folk call me and ask if I want signs. I always say yes. They never show. Richmond, Chilliwack...watch Winnipeg be more of the same. In the interim, the rest of River Heights can choke on their filthy red liberal signs.

http://www.citizensourpuss.wordpress.com

66Election May 2nd. - Page 3 Empty Re: Election May 2nd. Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:17 am

Anonymous

Deank wrote:

Ablonczy.

This doesn't say anything about where she now lives.....and I read it twice.

67Election May 2nd. - Page 3 Empty Re: Election May 2nd. Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:25 am

Anonymous

Sourpuss wrote:

Here in my neck of the woods (or armpit?) there are only Anita Neville signs everywhere. I ordered a huge-a$$ blue Tory sign weeks ago, but in typical fashion, they still haven't brought it.

I'm going by Joyce bateman's campaign office later this morning to pick a sign up for my front yard.

I wanna' be the first on my block to get one. Smile

btw: they're at 20202 Corydon...across from the Tuxedo S.C.

68Election May 2nd. - Page 3 Empty Re: Election May 2nd. Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:06 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

JTF wrote:
Deank wrote:

Ablonczy.

This doesn't say anything about where she now lives.....and I read it twice.

where does it say where she actually lives now? The only people that leave that detail out has something to hide.

Plus she has yet to respond to my email.

69Election May 2nd. - Page 3 Empty Re: Election May 2nd. Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:04 pm

Anonymous

You're assuming again.

But, in any case, it doesn't really matter. If she's elected, I'm sure that, if she doesn't currently live in the riding, she would move there.

Imo, it's not an issue.

70Election May 2nd. - Page 3 Empty Re: Election May 2nd. Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:12 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

why the frick would she move here from ottawa to rent a place in ottawa where she will be most of the time

I dont care about your opinion if its an issue. You dont live in my area. Its an issue to me and an issue to many other voters. Parachuting Candidates is retarded.

FINE if she moved back here before hand. But that is very far from the likely case.

71Election May 2nd. - Page 3 Empty Re: Election May 2nd. Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:15 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

On a side note: Best-Avatar-Ever...

72Election May 2nd. - Page 3 Empty Re: Election May 2nd. Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:35 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

I know eh? I found this random picture of that dude and it is just so awesome I had to use it

73Election May 2nd. - Page 3 Empty Re: Election May 2nd. Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:07 pm

Anonymous

Wrong again. That's two in a row there Deano. Smile

74Election May 2nd. - Page 3 Empty Re: Election May 2nd. Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:10 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Election May 2nd. - Page 3 107992

75Election May 2nd. - Page 3 Empty Re: Election May 2nd. Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:11 pm

Anonymous

JTF wrote:
Sourpuss wrote:

Here in my neck of the woods (or armpit?) there are only Anita Neville signs everywhere. I ordered a huge-a$$ blue Tory sign weeks ago, but in typical fashion, they still haven't brought it.

I'm going by Joyce bateman's campaign office later this morning to pick a sign up for my front yard.

I wanna' be the first on my block to get one. Smile

btw: they're at 20202 Corydon...across from the Tuxedo S.C.

They just got the signs delivered last night so I rushed home to be the second one in the constituency to have one.

I also got sucked into putting some up.

Some = all of Riverview & Tuxedo so far.

I'm the only one in Osborne Village that has asked for one so far....

Last edited by JTF on Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

76Election May 2nd. - Page 3 Empty Re: Election May 2nd. Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:13 pm

Anonymous

Deank wrote:Election May 2nd. - Page 3 107992

That's what all the Conservatives will do to the Liberals this election?? I hope so too.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum