the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

What is in the best interests of Canada?

+5
FlyingRat
Deank
SMW
Goth_chic
grumpy old man
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

What is in the best interests of Canada?

What is in the best interests of Canada? - Page 2 Vote_lcap18%What is in the best interests of Canada? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 18% [ 2 ]
What is in the best interests of Canada? - Page 2 Vote_lcap55%What is in the best interests of Canada? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 55% [ 6 ]
What is in the best interests of Canada? - Page 2 Vote_lcap27%What is in the best interests of Canada? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 27% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 11

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

grumpy old man

administrator
administrator

Harper and his peons have been acting very arrogantly for far too long. If it took this crises to bring them back down to earth then maybe it will be worth it.

As for the country being shut down, I have to disagree. The bureaucracy is still going full speed ahead. The Bank of Canada is not affected. That said, does anyone truly believe the Liberals and the NDP would have agreed with ANY measures Harper might have suggested in an effort to manage the financial crises?

This coalition did not magically appear recently. It was reported earlier that they had colluded well beforehand.

LivingDead

LivingDead
general-contributor
general-contributor

Adler brought up a good point today.

What if it were Jack Layton in Harper's position. What if Harper was forming a coalition with the Christian Heritage party and say... an Alberta separatist party. What do you suppose all these jokers who back the present coalition would be saying?

Canada needs a strong NATIONAL PARTY Representing all of CANADA'S interests. Not a rag tag group of guys who on their own could not win a majority for their party.
Take Quebec out of the equation and you would have a Tory Majority party. Whats next? Manitoba Bloc and Atlantic Bloc, and how about a Toronto Bloc and an Alberta Bloc. all threatening to separate if they don't get their way. The country would not stand a snowball's chance in hell with many regional party's acting like cry babies.

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/youare

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Harper has no sense of humour!

Harper is a bully!

Harper's tactics have cost him the confidence of the house!

Harper is in real trouble to keep his job!

Harper has embarassed the Conservatives!

The knives are out for Harper!

What a pitiful sight, and now Harper knows how Dion has felt!

There is a Santa Claus for the opposition members!

http://www.elansofas.com

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

heh.. check the link I posted from CTV.. whereever it was.. the commercial right before Dion's speech? .. an inept Santa Claus.

Electrician

Electrician
general-contributor
general-contributor

The coalition didn't want a new election. They just want to take over the govt. If another election would be called today, the PC party would surely get their majority. I think the voters have seen enough of what the opposition has done with their votes. The peeps who didn't even vote, are probably still laughing (...) at the situation, but if they would have voted in the first place, maybe someone (not specified which party) would have possibly won a majority... Altogether, you might say it won't affect the economy too much, well think again, Harper will still have a very hard time to pass his new budget in January without the help of the other parties. I just hope that in the next election, peeps will open their eyes and get serious about who they vote for. Now, isn't the time for a protest vote either...

http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1416203996

Anonymous

The Liberals are now in a very tight corner. In January, when the budget comes down, if they vote against it, they may very well have to fight an election with Dion as their leader once again.

Besides, they can't afford another election plus a leadership convention...no money eh. Smile

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

and the CAW is using this to attack and get what THEY want.
http://www.winnipegsun.com/News/Canada/2008/12/05/7644921.html
"the union will keep pushing for an stimulus package that suits the needs of Canadians and the auto industry.
The union leader says there’s a “battle to wage” and that he’s “damned pissed off.” "

frick me.. so now its the rest of Canadas fault that they will be out of jobs?

Anonymous

Problem is when you bail-out the auto industry you also bail out the friggn' unions.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

As long as the union is willing to make some pretty hurtful cuts via their bargaining unit I would be behind some support for the car makers.

Anonymous

We're only delaying their demise with a bail-out...we gotta' let GM go for sure. imo

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

yeah.. I like what ford said.
you know what.. we can make it on our own... BUT.... could you maybe have a line of credit ready for us should we need it? And if we do need it... CEO works for $1 a year and all executive and upper management bonuses are slashed.
thats a company I can get behind.

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

Give GM to Toyota and see what they do with them.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

what a difference a paper makes
Should Parliament have been suspended?

Yes 45%What is in the best interests of Canada? - Page 2 Poll_lin_WFP
No 54%What is in the best interests of Canada? - Page 2 Poll_lin_WFP

Total Votes: 2279

Was Gov. Gen. Michaelle Jean right to grant Prime Minister Stephen Harper’s request to shut down Parliament?
yesWhat is in the best interests of Canada? - Page 2 Percentbar 70%
noWhat is in the best interests of Canada? - Page 2 Percentbar 30%
Total Votes for this Question: 2195

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

can you guess which poll is from which paper?

Electrician

Electrician
general-contributor
general-contributor

First Sun
Second Freep
?

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

nope.. try again Smile

Electrician

Electrician
general-contributor
general-contributor

First Montreal Gazette
Second Toronto Sun
?

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

winnipeg freep
winnipeg sun

Electrician

Electrician
general-contributor
general-contributor

Rats, foiled again... I should have said Winnipeg Tribune...

Anonymous

Dissolve Parliament.

I'm pretty sure if an election were held right now, the Conservatives win easily win a majority government. Then all this co-alition nonsense would be put behind us...

Anonymous

Well you might have a hard time getting the vote in Quebec now after Stepho labeled them all sepretist. But you could blow another pisspot trying . Well your at it take some of the money you have screwed some of us out of last year and pay for this election . After all 330 mill chump change for Alberta . lol!

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

frick Quebec and their vote. If the peeps that voted Liberal and NDP in the rest of Canada continue to vote that way then Canada deserves a coalition government that the Bloc controls. I don't believe that Canadians would be so partisan as to blind them.

Anonymous

Pavolo wrote:Well you might have a hard time getting the vote in Quebec now after Stepho labeled them all sepretist. But you could blow another pisspot trying . Well your at it take some of the money you have screwed some of us out of last year and pay for this election . After all 330 mill chump change for Alberta . lol!

Who cares about Quebec? All they do is whine about separating, yet continue to run a deficit year after year. Alberta and BC consistantly bail out Quebec and the Maritimes, yet this is the thanks Western Canada receives. My advice to Quebec: "don't bite the hand that feeds you."

Anonymous

Yes but to win a majority you need every seat in Ontario and the conservatives did that when ? so like it or not you need them start puckering . I agree I hate it to but that is the deck < that needs to be changed > you are dealt.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Go and have a look at the distribution of seats Pavolo. Calculate the number of Conservative seats possibly lost in a bitter Quebec. While doing the math look at Manitoba and Newfoundland.

Then come back and tell us how the Conservatives could capture a majority without winning EVERY seat in Ontario... Or was that puffery for effect?

Anonymous

Western Canada 92 Quebec 75 Ont 106 if you do not win a majority of Quebec as a conservative you will not do it in Ontario unless Dion Runs .
The big O has been and will stay Liberal as they are the party who stand up for there interests best when did the conservatives last win a majority in Ontario seat wise . Cept possible When Dion ran the Liberals , The new guy is far more popular then Mr Harper is there and now that Harper has shown he is not really concerned about the problems there. Ignatuof will walk in as the saviour of the Auto industry.

Suggest you do a little looking out side your blue coloured lenses and see the damage Harper has done to the party. The coalition is not totally over either . Remember Harper had a minority and could not hold it cause he had to extract revenge .
Frankly I don't give a dam as I don't like either of them , also Ignatuof will also carry more weight in Quebec , something Alberta spent alot of money trying to buy last time .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum