the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

How does the City and mayor get away with stuff like this?

+7
Mantha
Freeman
eViL tRoLl
Deank
FlyingRat
grumpy old man
GGF
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

GGF

major-contributor
major-contributor

Deank you wrote:

"And also why is the mayor and or city administrators dealing with the issue of consultants now instead of 5 yrs ago?..."

they have been dealing with it forever.

So then why wasn't it first and foremost in the papers or in the public view or reported on before now?...

Oh wait, sorry backdoor meetings must be considered as perhaps counting as public ones?... lol!

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Throw in a little conspiracy now.....

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

GGF wrote:Deank you wrote:

"And also why is the mayor and or city administrators dealing with the issue of consultants now instead of 5 yrs ago?..."

they have been dealing with it forever.

So then why wasn't it first and foremost in the papers or in the public view or reported on before now?...

Oh wait, sorry backdoor meetings must be considered as perhaps counting as public ones?... How does the City and mayor get away with stuff like this? - Page 3 Lol

just go read meeting minutes... or should the city start paying the newspapers to report every single word from every meeting?

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Maybe the cops could deliver copies to his door, they're there often enough.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

oh my god... bid opportunities are online!!! How can they not keep this from us!! I demand them to hide this now!
http://www.winnipeg.ca/matmgt/bidopp.asp

oh my god all the city's meeting minutes are online!! how can they not keep this from us!! I demand them to hide this now!!

http://winnipeg.ca/CLKDMIS/

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Freeman wrote:Maybe the cops could deliver copies to his door, they're there often enough.

coke out the nose,,, damn that burns

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

The coke is suppose to go up the nose...not out! Wink

GGF

GGF
major-contributor
major-contributor

Deank you wrote:

just go read meeting minutes... or should the city start paying the newspapers to report every single word from every meeting?

Deank you know as well as I do...When the issue is serious enough etc...It hits the papers and so forth...

And this one has not been serious one way or the other before now because it was never made public "en masse" as being so...And therefore the assumption can easily be made...The issue was never serious enough before now...

So then why is the issue serious now and not before?...

And also just before an election will be called soon?...

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

oh no!!!! just before an election the city is asking people what they think of the city!! I smell another conspiracy!
http://www.winnipeg.ca/finance/findata/matmgt/documents//2010/277-2010//277-2010_Request_for_Proposal.pdf

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Deank you know as well as I do...When the issue is serious enough etc...It hits the papers and so forth...

And this one has not been serious one way or the other before now because it was never made public "en masse" as being so...And therefore the assumption can easily be made...The issue was never serious enough before now...

So then why is the issue serious now and not before?...

And also just before an election will be called soon?...

I guess just because, by your logic, the newspapers have finally decided its important enough to tell you?

If you dont want to read all the minutes, then dont. But if you do, you will see what really goes on is not an attempt to hide stuff from you. Its just the way city business works. Or would you rather everything was quick and no real discussion was done? Would you prefer it if we simply had a mayor that decided stuff based on whimsy and there was never any discussion on anything and you were just told stuff after the fact?

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I wonder how many pages this one will go one for?

http://www.granhotelflores.blogspot.com

GGF

GGF
major-contributor
major-contributor

Deank you wrote:

oh no!!!! just before an election the city is asking people what they think of the city!! I smell another conspiracy!
http://www.winnipeg.ca/finance/findata/matmgt/documents//2010/277-2010//277-2010_Request_for_Proposal.pdf

Nope...I just cannot live another day without seeing our smiling mayor in particular and this administration trying to spin this one...

And maybe that's why a decision in relation to "Consultants" has been delayed for another month and that could be because the mayor in particular and this administration need another month to figure it all out...

lol!

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Miz point wrote:I wonder how many pages this one will go one for?

See post 45

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Nope...I just cannot live another day without seeing our smiling mayor in particular and this administration trying to spin this one...

And maybe that's why a decision in relation to "Consultants" has been delayed for another month and that could be because the mayor in particular and this administration need another month to figure it all out...

How does the City and mayor get away with stuff like this? - Page 3 Lol

Its been delayed because like so many other things our councillors tell the staff to do, the staff either dont do their job properly or on time or on budget.

Case in point.. GARBAGE BINS... cant blame the councillors for that, as much as people want to.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Our users have posted a total of 99089 messages

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

http://www.granhotelflores.blogspot.com

cherenkov

cherenkov
contributor plus
contributor plus

http://anybody-want-a-peanut.blogspot.com/

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

How does the City and mayor get away with stuff like this? - Page 3 Lol

GGF

GGF
major-contributor
major-contributor

Deank you wrote:

Its been delayed because like so many other things our councillors tell the staff to do, the staff either dont do their job properly or on time or on budget.

Case in point.. GARBAGE BINS... cant blame the councillors for that, as much as people want to.

Yes I can...Had the politicians and mayor in particular not just slam it in like he/they did last fall and rather ask the public "first" what they may or may not have wanted...All could have been avoided...

And including the fiasco that just recently occur in relation to cost, and both sides being picked up, and bigger bins etc...

And what about the recycling issue or perhaps composting that is now in nowhere land as a result...

So who is to blame for all that?...Is it not the politicians we elect?...

And or perhaps the so called "Consultants" that are the under belly of our governments?...

Which then the "Consultants" are now picked and or hired by our senior bureaucrat(s) who therefore the senior bureaucrats are in direct consultations with the mayor in particular and or the administration in order to figure out the costs of the proposal etc...

And also the senior bureaucrat(s) are also there as a result of being the mayor's pick mainly...and also as a result of this mayor in particular getting rid, or moving someone etc that may not agree with them etc...

And or therefore so what do we once again elect our politicians to do?...

Perhaps do plenty of spending and or photo ops etc and then let's "All" figure out what the true cost or what we want or need etc being figure out down the road?...

And after our tax dollars have already been spent on consultants who were suppose to be hired to perhaps resolve some of these issues in the first place etc...and in particular the estimated cost of a new proposal etc...

And only after the "initial money/approval" has been spent or allocated or implemented for the new proposal (garbage in this case) by our politicians first...

And sorry Deank...But I don't buy this type of politics and I never will and that's the way it is with me...

And also this is just but one reason why I will say that in my opinion the peg needs a major house cleaning and for the record the province also...

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

"Yes I can...Had the politicians and mayor in particular not just slam it in like he/they did last fall and rather ask the public "first" what they may or may not have wanted...All could have been avoided...
"

and you are totally missing the whole point of it again. Many of the councillors were MAD at the Waste department at the time for forcing it on them with no chance to vote otherwise or ask for more information. They voted to go with it because if they had not it would have basically meant no garbage pickup or garbage pickup at a VERY high price until they could get a contract working again. Its not a snap of the fingers thing and it happens. Garbage contracting goes through a very lenghty process THAT DOES NOT INVOLVE ELECTED OFFICIALS before it finally gets to the elected officials with the understanding the EMPLOYEES made proper decisions all along. Go read hansard, hell go talk to the elected officials you will see how pissed they were that this was shoved down their throats.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

You had enough yet Deank? Or you still having to much fun?

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Our users have posted a total of 99101 messages

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

I believe another poster is targeting your posting lead Deank. At the rate he is posting his nonsense he will catch you in three weeks.

GGF

GGF
major-contributor
major-contributor

Deank you wrote:

"Yes I can...Had the politicians and mayor in particular not just slam it in like he/they did last fall and rather ask the public "first" what they may or may not have wanted...All could have been avoided...
"

and you are totally missing the whole point of it again. Many of the councillors were MAD at the Waste department at the time for forcing it on them with no chance to vote otherwise or ask for more information.

LOL!...

Deank you also wrote:

They voted to go with it because if they had not it would have basically meant no garbage pickup or garbage pickup at a VERY high price until they could get a contract working again.
Its not a snap of the fingers thing and it happens. Garbage contracting goes through a very lenghty process THAT DOES NOT INVOLVE ELECTED OFFICIALS before it finally gets to the elected officials with the understanding the EMPLOYEES made proper decisions all along.

Back to what I said in my previous post and will add now...You see all the politicians had plenty of time to figure this out before a vote took place etc...

Go read hansard, hell go talk to the elected officials you will see how pissed they were that this was shoved down their throats.

Myself and Sammy in particular and or perhaps other politicians are best friends and that is...

sarcasm end

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum