the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Parking Lot Courtesy

+11
incognito
rosencrentz
Freeman
Goth_chic
LivingDead
holly golightly
sun_wukong
Electrician
Deank
SMW
AGEsAces
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

76Parking Lot Courtesy - Page 4 Empty Re: Parking Lot Courtesy Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:22 am

Deank

contributor eminence
contributor eminence

then again.. sometimes people are just assholes.

77Parking Lot Courtesy - Page 4 Empty Re: Parking Lot Courtesy Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:26 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

I believe the point made was the notion endangering a child's life was overkill. I agree.

I don't recall the last time I heard of anyone being killed in a parking lot. Not to say it does not happen. Not to say that we should do as much as possible to protect children.

Frankly we may be going overboard with these reserved spots. We now have handicapped spots, expecting mother spots, mothers with children spots... (What? No fathers with children spots?)

What's next? Maybe we should designate spots for the lazy and ignorant drivers. That way we know where they will be in a parking lot and we will all be safer as a result.

78Parking Lot Courtesy - Page 4 Empty Re: Parking Lot Courtesy Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:26 am

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

Freeman wrote:The moral of the story is: that while it may not be obvious to you, there might be a legitimate reason for someone's apparent ignorance.

No...there's really not.

If you took the courtesy of parking FAR away from the main doors to park like an idiot...then kudos.

But the stalls are a specific width to accommodate standard vehicles. I've driven semi-trucks (sans trailer) and am able to park between the lines (yes, I extended across two stalls from nose to tail...but not side to side)...so anyone driving a BFV or OTB can certainly manage if they actually belong behind the wheel.

Otherwise they should invest in a smart car, or go turn their license in at the nearest motor vehicle branch.

http://www.photage.ca

79Parking Lot Courtesy - Page 4 Empty Re: Parking Lot Courtesy Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:27 am

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

grumpy old man wrote:Frankly we may be going overboard with these reserved spots. We now have handicapped spots, expecting mother spots, mothers with children spots... (What? No fathers with children spots?)

Actually...it says "Parents with small children"...fathers are included there.

80Parking Lot Courtesy - Page 4 Empty Re: Parking Lot Courtesy Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:34 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

used to say mothers with small children though..

I love toys r us parking spots... they are HUGE

81Parking Lot Courtesy - Page 4 Empty Re: Parking Lot Courtesy Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:43 am

IG Guy

IG Guy
contributor plus
contributor plus

Wheres the parking spot for the Loud, obnoiux, fat, lazy guy?
I feel parking lots are bios!

82Parking Lot Courtesy - Page 4 Empty Re: Parking Lot Courtesy Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:44 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

You mean for me?

83Parking Lot Courtesy - Page 4 Empty Re: Parking Lot Courtesy Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:46 am

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

AGEsAces wrote:Actually...I have to agree with JTF on this Holly.

It's basically a handicap spot for people with extra baggage to carry..ie. a pregnant woman, or people carrying kids.

Once your kid can walk on their own...get out of those spots...you don't belong there.

As soon as my daughter was about 1 and started walking with me holding her hand...I quit parking in those spots.

They are for parents who have to load/unload strollers/carriers/etc. so they don't have to drag them so far. And for pregnant women who may have difficulty (read OBVIOUSLY pregnant).

Unfortunately...the signs aren't big enough to make it clear.

As for the business card idea...not bad...though you risk being charged with soliciting...since the parking lots are private property.

You don't have multiples, having one kid would be a walk in the fricken park.

84Parking Lot Courtesy - Page 4 Empty Re: Parking Lot Courtesy Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:50 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

yeah how come the parking spots at parks are not bigger?

85Parking Lot Courtesy - Page 4 Empty Re: Parking Lot Courtesy Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:52 am

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

Goth_chic wrote:You don't have multiples, having one kid would be a walk in the fricken park.

That's not by choice...we're working on it.

But the interpretation would still stand.

And I grew up in a family with many kids...and the BFV (of course long before those signs were installed).

I sympathize with my parents and trying to drag us all over the place...but my dad (when he had more than 1 kid) would usually park further away from the doors rather than closer...to help reduce the risk of that DESPERATE idiot who wants the "close" spot, whipping in and taking out one of us.

Ask one of those cart collectors where the safest place to walk in the parking lot is...and they'll all tell you, it's out past the first cart stand...cause the closer you get to the doors...the crazier the idiots behind the wheel become.

86Parking Lot Courtesy - Page 4 Empty Re: Parking Lot Courtesy Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:54 am

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Let me put it this way, having multiples is MUCH different then having a few kids of varying ages. I am a petite woman and need those spots when I am out on my own with the kids. I will keep using them till I don't have to anymore.

87Parking Lot Courtesy - Page 4 Empty Re: Parking Lot Courtesy Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:56 am

IG Guy

IG Guy
contributor plus
contributor plus

grumpy old man wrote:You mean for me?

I didn't wanna name names, but.... lol!

88Parking Lot Courtesy - Page 4 Empty Re: Parking Lot Courtesy Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:59 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Then we need petite women spots. Also hot babe spots. And hot petite babe spots. And hot petite babe goth spots. Did I miss any?

89Parking Lot Courtesy - Page 4 Empty Re: Parking Lot Courtesy Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:01 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

grumpy old man wrote:Then we need petite women spots. Also hot babe spots. And hot petite babe spots. And hot petite babe goth spots. Did I miss any?

Voyeur spots close by?

90Parking Lot Courtesy - Page 4 Empty Re: Parking Lot Courtesy Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:02 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Goes without saying.

91Parking Lot Courtesy - Page 4 Empty Re: Parking Lot Courtesy Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:03 am

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Come on guys quite being sexist. I hear that if I don't go along with you then I am called names and banned from the site? Is this true???

92Parking Lot Courtesy - Page 4 Empty Re: Parking Lot Courtesy Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:04 am

Anonymous

.... . ... .......... ... . ......!

93Parking Lot Courtesy - Page 4 Empty Re: Parking Lot Courtesy Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:04 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Goth_chic wrote:Come on guys quite being sexist. I hear that if I don't go along with you then I am called names and banned from the site? Is this true???
that depends... if we ban you.. do we get thrown in the dungeon?

94Parking Lot Courtesy - Page 4 Empty Re: Parking Lot Courtesy Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:04 am

IG Guy

IG Guy
contributor plus
contributor plus

Goth_chic wrote:Come on guys quite being sexist. I hear that if I don't go along with you then I am called names and banned from the site? Is this true???

Nah, we will just give ya thumbs down... hehe j/k

95Parking Lot Courtesy - Page 4 Empty Re: Parking Lot Courtesy Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:06 am

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Deank wrote:
that depends... if we ban you.. do we get thrown in the dungeon?

Nope. If I get banned the dungeon gets banned. Wink

96Parking Lot Courtesy - Page 4 Empty Re: Parking Lot Courtesy Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:07 am

Anonymous

No. We lose dungeon privileges then Shocked .

97Parking Lot Courtesy - Page 4 Empty Re: Parking Lot Courtesy Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:09 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

okay then no matter what GC does she can never be banned..

go ahead post dirty pictures if you want to.

98Parking Lot Courtesy - Page 4 Empty Re: Parking Lot Courtesy Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:09 am

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I would post pictures of feces but that's already been done!!! lol!

99Parking Lot Courtesy - Page 4 Empty Re: Parking Lot Courtesy Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:37 am

IG Guy

IG Guy
contributor plus
contributor plus

Deank wrote:okay then no matter what GC does she can never be banned..

go ahead post dirty pictures if you want to.

Just be sure to to put NSFW in the title. Just so I know to turn my monitor in such a way that no else can see... lol!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum