the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Parking Lot Courtesy

+11
incognito
rosencrentz
Freeman
Goth_chic
LivingDead
holly golightly
sun_wukong
Electrician
Deank
SMW
AGEsAces
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Parking Lot Courtesy Empty Parking Lot Courtesy Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:45 am

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

Did some shopping this weekend...running around to the big chain stores...I can't believe how many morons are out there...with little-to-no courtesy or reasonable concept of driving.

First...there's those who can't seem to see the lines on the pavement. Despite those commercials and all your friends telling you to "think outside the box" and "colour outside the lines"...THEY'RE WRONG. The lines are there for a reason...for you to fit your vehicle between them when parking...not park diagonally taking up two spaces. Or to straddle with your wheels like a runway taxi line.
If you're one of those idiots, and you come out and your mirror is bent forward or backwards...or (depending on my mood) ripped off the vehicle entirely...you probably pissed me off (or someone like me). Parking is part of driving...if you can't park...turn your license in!!! Take the bus!!! (just don't take a stroller with you).

Second...pedestrians in a parking lot...you do NOT have the right-of-way!!! ESPECIALLY when vehicles are backing out of a parking space. No matter what the government wants you to believe...a parking lot is for vehicles...if you see one backing up...STOP!!! Do not try to scoot past, or get pissed when you get hit...they probably can't see you!!!
Going forwards or backwards...it does not matter...a vehicle weighs 1500-3000lbs (on average)...you weigh 150-300lbs (not being insulting...stop lying about your weight)...which do you think is going to win in a collision? Add to that you're traveling maybe 2mph...the vehicle is probably traveling 10-30mph...it is FAR easier for you to stop then for the vehicle to...so STOP WALKING!!!

Finally...back to the lines...and lanes. There are lanes in a parking lot. Drifting across them to traverse from one lane to another is actually illegal. Cutting across them because you THINK it will be faster...well it won't. I've watched idiots do it dozens of times...and meanwhile I pull up to the actual cross lane, turn, and still beat you to where you cut across to. And if I'm coming down a lane and I see you cutting across...odds are I'll stop in your path...so PLEASE hit me...I need a new car.

Yes...it's a rant...but I needed to vent!!!

http://www.photage.ca

2Parking Lot Courtesy Empty Re: Parking Lot Courtesy Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:50 am

SMW

SMW
major-contributor
major-contributor

AGEsAces wrote:
Second...pedestrians in a parking lot...you do NOT have the right-of-way!!! ESPECIALLY when vehicles are backing out of a parking space. No matter what the government wants you to believe...a parking lot is for vehicles...if you see one backing up...STOP!!! Do not try to scoot past, or get pissed when you get hit...they probably can't see you!!!

Being a pedestrian (and a rather militant one at that), naturally I have two words to say to you:

THANK YOU!

It annoys me as well, seeing people trying to outrun or outmaneuver cars in the parking lot. Use some basic common sense, people!

http://www.conceitedjerk.com

3Parking Lot Courtesy Empty Re: Parking Lot Courtesy Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:01 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Lets not forget the jackasses that pull through from one perfectly good parking spot to the other.. thus taking the spot you were turning to park in.

I actually got out of my van this weekend and told a guy he was a complete fricking asshole for doing that. I advised him its people like him that cause others to leap into road rage and he was lucky I was in a good mood. Piece of garbage did not even have the balls to say anything back.. just scurried into the store with his wife and kids.

4Parking Lot Courtesy Empty Re: Parking Lot Courtesy Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:11 pm

Electrician

Electrician
general-contributor
general-contributor

So what happens once snow falls and covers the lines? Total ANARCHY?

http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1416203996

5Parking Lot Courtesy Empty Re: Parking Lot Courtesy Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:14 pm

Anonymous

It's actually better then. Some parking lots have the spaces so tight that it's ridiculous, and in the winter the lines are disregarded, with people leaving more space between them and the next car imho.

6Parking Lot Courtesy Empty Re: Parking Lot Courtesy Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:15 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

yeah... pretty much I have seen "triple" parking at some stores and am seriously wondering what the guy stuck in the middle thought when he came out to his car.

7Parking Lot Courtesy Empty Re: Parking Lot Courtesy Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:15 pm

Electrician

Electrician
general-contributor
general-contributor

Or is it that maybe it's easier to bump into and move the car next to you?

8Parking Lot Courtesy Empty Re: Parking Lot Courtesy Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:17 pm

sun_wukong

sun_wukong

I regularly take up 10-15 spaces if I can and I furious at the A-HOLE who left a rude note on my car. This just makes A-HOLES like me worse thank you very much Razz Laughing Cool

9Parking Lot Courtesy Empty Re: Parking Lot Courtesy Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:18 pm

Electrician

Electrician
general-contributor
general-contributor

Have you and Agesaces met last weekend?

10Parking Lot Courtesy Empty Re: Parking Lot Courtesy Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:23 pm

sun_wukong

sun_wukong

This is where the U.S. has us beat and will always be the greatest country in the megaverse. They have big, wide space for their Hummers. You can park 2 Hummers in one of their spaces.

Here I have to squeeze my car into a too tight space so some knuckle dragger can bang their door into my car 18 times while trying to get out.

No thank you.

11Parking Lot Courtesy Empty Re: Parking Lot Courtesy Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:26 pm

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

Well, when I'm alone in my vehicle...and I see some moron who has straddled the line taking up two spaces...I will make it a point to squeeze my vehicle in right next to them where our mirrors are almost touching.

I'll only do it if I can get the driver's side of my vehicle inside the next line...but it's so I'm actually in the space...and the idiot who doesn't know how to park can either wait for me to come back out, or climb in through the passenger's side.

12Parking Lot Courtesy Empty Re: Parking Lot Courtesy Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:27 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Yeah... about the bang the door thing.....so when you are one of the few vehicles in the parking lot. And there are about 15 empty spots between your vehicle and the door and the moron parks right next to you... does his car deserve to get banged by your door accidently because your kid has an arm load of groceries?

Not that say that happened to me last Wednesday at the Superstore warehouse on Route 90 or anything I am just making up an example.

13Parking Lot Courtesy Empty Re: Parking Lot Courtesy Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:29 pm

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

Deank wrote:Yeah... about the bang the door thing.....so when you are one of the few vehicles in the parking lot. And there are about 15 empty spots between your vehicle and the door and the moron parks right next to you... does his car deserve to get banged by your door accidently because your kid has an arm load of groceries?

Not that say that happened to me last Wednesday at the Superstore warehouse on Route 90 or anything I am just making up an example.

On a note about that...when I do park close like that (and yes, even if there are empty spaces, I'll make a point of parking close to the moron)...I also write down their license plate number. If I come out and MY vehicle is damaged...I file a police report of a hit & run.

I haven't had to do it here in Winnipeg...but have done it in New Jersey a couple of times.

14Parking Lot Courtesy Empty Re: Parking Lot Courtesy Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:33 pm

sun_wukong

sun_wukong

Why then? I mean why be a dick yourself? If a guy chooses to park a certain way, why must you feel the need to intervene?

Do you also have a cape and costume and leap from parking lot to parking lot in a single bound?

You know, there are things like hobbies and such you can involve yourself in to keep busy.

Just sayin' is all.

AGEsAces wrote:
Deank wrote:Yeah... about the bang the door thing.....so when you are one of the few vehicles in the parking lot. And there are about 15 empty spots between your vehicle and the door and the moron parks right next to you... does his car deserve to get banged by your door accidently because your kid has an arm load of groceries?

On a note about that...when I do park close like that (and yes, even if there are empty spaces, I'll make a point of parking close to the moron)...I also write down their license plate number. If I come out and MY vehicle is damaged...I file a police report of a hit & run.

I haven't had to do it here in Winnipeg...but have done it in New Jersey a couple of times.

15Parking Lot Courtesy Empty Re: Parking Lot Courtesy Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:34 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

ahh but the problem there AGEsAces is that unless their is video, anyone else could have come and gone during the time you were in the store, and as long as the person professes innocence there is no way at all of them being convicted.

16Parking Lot Courtesy Empty Re: Parking Lot Courtesy Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:36 pm

sun_wukong

sun_wukong

OK, AGE, make you a deal... you see a 2 door red sports car, please don't smash my mirror or park up against me.

When I take up 25 spots, it is always far, far away from the building. I do not park like that close up.

For ex. when at Walmart at St. Vital... I park super far away. So far away I take a bus the rest of the way.

I see no reason why we cannot just split Winnipeg in half.... I get the half with the sushi and wing places... hee hee.

17Parking Lot Courtesy Empty Re: Parking Lot Courtesy Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:38 pm

sun_wukong

sun_wukong

And I apologize for using the word dick. I should have said phallus.... Seriously, sorry for the rude word Embarassed

18Parking Lot Courtesy Empty Re: Parking Lot Courtesy Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:42 pm

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

You know what...for those who think their car is sooo precious that they'll park on the other end of the lot to protect it...I don't worry about them. Let them park on the far side of the lot...cause I don't like to walk.

And...typically, if someone is parking like that to "protect" their car...you can tell...and you can tell it's intentional.

I really don't care if someone does it deliberately and does not impede others from parking...the ones I can't stand are the morons who just don't know or don't care.

And yes...I have parked crooked once or twice...and misjudged a line here and there, but if someone HAD parked tight to me, I would completely understand...they were "punishing" me for my own stupidity.

And yes...I DO have a cape and some tights...but you really don't want to see them...at least not with me in them Wink. And as far as fighting crime? If I see it...I would fight it...assuming I am not putting my family at risk by doing it (I could care less about myself).

19Parking Lot Courtesy Empty Re: Parking Lot Courtesy Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:44 pm

Anonymous

Ya. I would think the last place to park would be beside some person that parks improperly....I'll go someplace else thank you very much. I don't need my vehicle "keyed".

20Parking Lot Courtesy Empty Re: Parking Lot Courtesy Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:48 pm

sun_wukong

sun_wukong

The vehicle my wife drives WAS very nice looking. She parks like a normal person, between the lines, but she is one of those people who will take a close parking spot for convenience. Our nice, 'new' vehicle is now riddled with dents and scratches due to doors, shopping carts and God knows what else.

I have pleaded with her to not park so close, but she does what she wants.

I will continue to park far, far away and get that extra exercise in, thank u.... I say live and let live.... I choose to park far away, I would hope people can appreciate my desire to keep my car in good shape. Wink

21Parking Lot Courtesy Empty Re: Parking Lot Courtesy Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:50 pm

Anonymous

You're probably less likely to get broken into as well I'd reckon....your car being out in the open and all.

22Parking Lot Courtesy Empty Re: Parking Lot Courtesy Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:15 pm

Electrician

Electrician
general-contributor
general-contributor

JTF wrote:You're probably less likely to get broken into as well I'd reckon....your car being out in the open and all.
Also alot harder to find after a blizzard...

23Parking Lot Courtesy Empty Re: Parking Lot Courtesy Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:53 pm

holly golightly

holly golightly
major-contributor
major-contributor

I too have a huge problem with people who think it is ther right to take up 2 spots. The fitness facility I go to has a huge parking lot and there are quite a lot of large SUV/Truck/Hummer vehicles that think it is ok to take up 2 spots and will also wait and sqeeze into the closest spot and when I say wait, I mean block other incoming traffic so they can have the first parking spot at the door. I always tell them, park in the back 40, you're going to the gym to get exercise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so why not start in the parking lot.
And then there are the people who park in the pink parking spots that are reserved for parents WITH small children accompanying them!!!!!!!!!!! Give me a break, are you really that lazy that it is ok if you may be endangering the lives of small children who now, because of your laziness, must walk through the parking lot with their parents and dodge the cars going past with the drivers who wear blinders, looking for a close parking spot. And when you say something to them you either get the embarrassed, run with tail between the legs thing or the F*&k U comment.
And as for the people who think it is ok to park in the handicap parking spot "I'm only running in for 2 minutes", I hope you never really need this spot and if you do someone else has done the "2 minute" thing.
Common courtesy and respect has gone out the window for the ME generation

24Parking Lot Courtesy Empty Re: Parking Lot Courtesy Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:56 pm

Electrician

Electrician
general-contributor
general-contributor

I already have trouble finding the exits in the multi level parking lots here... Especially when the arrows on the ground take you around in circles...
I'll get it on tape as soon as I go back...

25Parking Lot Courtesy Empty Re: Parking Lot Courtesy Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:59 pm

LivingDead

LivingDead
general-contributor
general-contributor

Electrician wrote:I already have trouble finding the exits in the multi level parking lots here... Especially when the arrows on the ground take you around in circles...
I'll get it on tape as soon as I go back...

This is a bit off topic but i'll tell you any ways.

Your comment reminds me of that old joke.

"How do you keep an idiot in suspense"?

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/youare

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum