the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Aboriginals

+9
Freeman
LivingDead
death128
EdWin
rosencrentz
Goth_chic
Deank
Triniman
grumpy old man
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

26Aboriginals - Page 2 Empty Re: Aboriginals Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:20 pm

Deank

contributor eminence
contributor eminence

stop treating aboriginals as a whole as unique people with unique problems. treat them exactly the same as everyone else.

27Aboriginals - Page 2 Empty Re: Aboriginals Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:20 pm

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Well then I guess the aboriginals are the ignorant then....

28Aboriginals - Page 2 Empty Re: Aboriginals Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:53 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

LennyJessop wrote:
grumpy old man wrote:
LennyJessop wrote:You are right.

We should just ignore the problem, and I'm sure it will go away.
Now hold on thar Bobalouie...

Of course I'm right. But where did I say ignore the problem? Your post was an apology. How will that help?

Come on. That is such a self-righteous and pompous post and you think it'll somehow help?

Post something that will help the matter and then judge the response it elicits...

Ever read the Book of Tao? My favorite saying from it is "wise men seek solutions. The ignorant cast only blame."

I want to hear how you would deal with the Aboriginal issue facing Winnipeg. Rather than bash my posts, why not indicate what you would do differently than the Government is currently handling this dilemma?

I've posted my thoughts on this matter a gazillion time in the sandbox.

But, never mind the deflection. I asked you for your solutions first. Never mind the useless youa culpa. I don't see any solutions in your post. Hell you blamed generation upon generation upon generation of people for the current state of aboriginal affairs. Umm, does that make you ignorant Tao?

What would YOU do?

What did you expect from your first post? The next time you want to debate solutions ask for solutions.

29Aboriginals - Page 2 Empty Re: Aboriginals Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:16 pm

Anonymous

grumpy old man wrote:
LennyJessop wrote:
grumpy old man wrote:
LennyJessop wrote:You are right.

We should just ignore the problem, and I'm sure it will go away.
Now hold on thar Bobalouie...

Of course I'm right. But where did I say ignore the problem? Your post was an apology. How will that help?

Come on. That is such a self-righteous and pompous post and you think it'll somehow help?

Post something that will help the matter and then judge the response it elicits...

Ever read the Book of Tao? My favorite saying from it is "wise men seek solutions. The ignorant cast only blame."

I want to hear how you would deal with the Aboriginal issue facing Winnipeg. Rather than bash my posts, why not indicate what you would do differently than the Government is currently handling this dilemma?

I've posted my thoughts on this matter a gazillion time in the sandbox.

But, never mind the deflection. I asked you for your solutions first. Never mind the useless you culpa. I don't see any solutions in your post. Hell you blamed generation upon generation upon generation of people for the current state of aboriginal affairs. Umm, does that make you ignorant Tao?

What would YOU do?

What did you expect from your first post? The next time you want to debate solutions ask for solutions.

Well Grumps,

I know exactly how to deal with this issue. However, it is top secret, and I have made a pledge with CSIS not to disclose any information. You will find out once CSIS gives me to go-ahead to divulge this sensitive info.
silent

30Aboriginals - Page 2 Empty Re: Aboriginals Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:29 pm

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

DeanK - twice in one day you disagree with me?? SHAME ON YOU!

http://www.elansofas.com

31Aboriginals - Page 2 Empty Re: Aboriginals Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:58 pm

EdWin

EdWin
major-contributor
major-contributor

I would personally love to stop giving a percentage of my hard earned wages to people who refuse to work and don't want to improve their lives. I've done the opposite and they don't deserve to get any of my money. Not one fricking dime!

32Aboriginals - Page 2 Empty Re: Aboriginals Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:35 pm

death128

death128
contributor
contributor

Successful troll is successful...

33Aboriginals - Page 2 Empty Re: Aboriginals Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:49 pm

EdWin

EdWin
major-contributor
major-contributor

^ You have a problem dealing with the truth?

34Aboriginals - Page 2 Empty Re: Aboriginals Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:52 pm

LivingDead

LivingDead
general-contributor
general-contributor

Deank wrote:stop treating aboriginals as a whole as unique people with unique problems. treat them exactly the same as everyone else.

Treat them like how we treat Quebec?

Fah K that too.

Pay out the claims, Cut them off. Stay on your reservation hunting and fishing or join the 21 century and get a job and contribute to Canadian society.

It is that simple. The ones who break the law, build a prison factory and put them to work to pay their debt to society. The ones who have FASD children, put them(mothers) in the Prison factory so they can pay society to look after their children. FASD children who can not behave in society, put them in a Prison factory and they can be productive members of that prison and have a nice warm bed to sleep in and 3 square meals a day. (probably a better life than they have now).

But it wont happen because the bleeding hearts wont let it while complaining that there is no solution. It is the bleeding hearts that are at fault. plain and simple.

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/youare

35Aboriginals - Page 2 Empty Re: Aboriginals Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:06 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

You mean those same bleeding hearts that write useless letters of apology for something that happened generations ago?

36Aboriginals - Page 2 Empty Re: Aboriginals Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:13 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

LivingDead wrote:
Deank wrote:stop treating aboriginals as a whole as unique people with unique problems. treat them exactly the same as everyone else.

Fah K that too.

umm what? thats not what I said at all. I said STOP treating them as a unique people with unique problems.

37Aboriginals - Page 2 Empty Re: Aboriginals Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:32 am

death128

death128
contributor
contributor

EdWin wrote:^ You have a problem dealing with the truth?
lol you's obviously got trolled.

38Aboriginals - Page 2 Empty Re: Aboriginals Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:45 am

Anonymous

You nailed it.

39Aboriginals - Page 2 Empty Re: Aboriginals Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:16 am

Anonymous

grumpy old man wrote:You mean those same bleeding hearts that write useless letters of apology for something that happened generations ago?

Not a bleeding heart by any means. Just want to do something different in regards to the issues with Aboriginals in Winnipeg. The government has tried in the last 20 years to:

1. give them money
2. give them more money
3. give them even more money
4. give them money
5. give them money

Now there is a saying that goes something like "insanity is defined as doing the exact same thing and expecting different results"

Why not put the compensation to good use. Provide grants instead of a blank cheque. Grants in terms of college funds, building their respective community, and funds for schools and recreation where a high percentage of Aboriginals reside.

The tough love approach is fine in theory, but not so good in actual practice.

40Aboriginals - Page 2 Empty Re: Aboriginals Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:19 am

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Lenny-Jessop is right on the money ! What money that is given grudgingly has not worked, because it is tied into a welfare mentality of keeping those that need money (help) are entitled to only 1/2 of what one needs to survive.
Our system is set to keep those on social assistance at alevel below the povrty level. So we get poor people set up to have a subsistance level. This is the economic truth, and I don't see the solution.
There are programs to get people off assistance but there are too many babies coming into thge system! We need o take the babies away and have religious groups look after them, to stop the continued poverty.
I agree with the suggestion of a one time payoff, no matter what the cost is, but a contract is a contract and there are too many lawyers out there!

http://www.elansofas.com

41Aboriginals - Page 2 Empty Re: Aboriginals Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:12 am

Anonymous

LennyJessop wrote:

Why not put the compensation to good use. Provide grants instead of a blank cheque. Grants in terms of college funds, building their respective community, and funds for schools and recreation where a high percentage of Aboriginals reside.

Where have you been? We've been pandering to the indians for generations.

People like you with your 'grab your ankles' attitude make it worse by perpetuating the myth that the indians are so hard done by, but some are making millions from the situation the way it is.

Smarten up.

42Aboriginals - Page 2 Empty Re: Aboriginals Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:59 am

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Deank wrote:
LivingDead wrote:

Fah K that too.

umm what? thats not what I said at all. I said STOP treating them as a unique people with unique problems.

I don't think he is saying you said that. What I took from LD's post was that Canada has been treating Quebec with kid gloves and now we are doing the same with the Aboriginals. All that is doing is creating a bunch of whiners who expect everything for nothing!

43Aboriginals - Page 2 Empty Re: Aboriginals Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:38 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

LennyJessop wrote:
grumpy old man wrote:You mean those same bleeding hearts that write useless letters of apology for something that happened generations ago?

Not a bleeding heart by any means. Just want to do something different in regards to the issues with Aboriginals in Winnipeg. The government has tried in the last 20 years to:

1. give them money
2. give them more money
3. give them even more money
4. give them money
5. give them money

Now there is a saying that goes something like "insanity is defined as doing the exact same thing and expecting different results"

The tough love approach is fine in theory, but not so good in actual practice.

I dont understand. How will it being grants make a difference? Other then taking away their "right" to decide how to govern themselves.

44Aboriginals - Page 2 Empty Re: Aboriginals Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:26 am

Anonymous

JTF wrote:

Where have you been? We've been pandering to the indians for generations.

People like you with your 'grab your ankles' attitude make it worse by perpetuating the myth that the indians are so hard done by, but some are making millions from the situation the way it is.

Smarten up.

45Aboriginals - Page 2 Empty Re: Aboriginals Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:06 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Frankly I don't have time to look at these 5 minute videos and try to extrapolate your point. Can you not just post your position so we can get on with it?

46Aboriginals - Page 2 Empty Re: Aboriginals Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:25 pm

Anonymous

My favorite position is doggy style.

Aboriginals - Page 2 An9

47Aboriginals - Page 2 Empty Re: Aboriginals Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:54 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

I get you're making a funny. But this is twice now where I've asked for a position on this subject, a topic I thought you took seriously, and your response is to joke. Yet you chastise me for shitting on your post. I get that I've been kinda rude (sorry) but let's debate the issue...

48Aboriginals - Page 2 Empty Re: Aboriginals Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:58 pm

Anonymous

grumpy old man wrote:I get you're making a funny. But this is twice now where I've asked for a position on this subject, a topic I thought you took seriously, and your response is to joke. Yet you chastise me for shitting on your post. I get that I've been kinda rude (sorry) but let's debate the issue...

Let's just agree to disagree. Smile

49Aboriginals - Page 2 Empty Re: Aboriginals Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:29 pm

Anonymous

Then why post that stuff to begin with?

50Aboriginals - Page 2 Empty Re: Aboriginals Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:12 pm

Anonymous

JTF wrote:Then why post that stuff to begin with?

It's a message forum, Jimmy.

51Aboriginals - Page 2 Empty Re: Aboriginals Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:23 pm

Anonymous

No it's not. A message forum is much different.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum