the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Canadians are the best soldiers in Afganistan

+8
Deank
Goth_chic
usedtoliveinstb
Miz point
Freeman
tick
grumpy old man
LivingDead
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Miz point

uber-contributor
uber-contributor

usedtoliveinstb wrote:He's said he doesn't support the war. Move on.

Tick: No need to take shot at soldiers, they work hard to do a job that most would prefer 'somebody else do'. Frankly, if it were up to me there would be mandatory military service for those who fail to be productive, just to teach them a work ethic.

Everyone else: Not everyone has admiration for troops. Just like not everyone here has admiration for NDPers. Wink No need to censor the opinions of those who defer from your own. If you do, then you're not a freedom lover at all.

This forum is under the jurisdiction of the Benign but Totally and Always Right Dictatorship of Grumpy.......freedom? You gotta be joking right? hahahahah

http://www.granhotelflores.blogspot.com

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Unh, you read what he said didn't ya?

braindead taxpaid peacekeepers

This is not a matter of hearing things I don't want to hear. Nor their admiration for troops. It's an ignorant and uncalled for slam against Canadian troops that are dieing right now.

Give your heads a shake. Read what he said before taking anyone to task on this issue.

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Tick is a pest.....you know what happens to a swollen tick when it is placed on the backburner? KAPOW!!!! El Ticko no mas!

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

usedtoliveinstb wrote:He's said he doesn't support the war. Move on.

Tick: No need to take shot at soldiers, they work hard to do a job that most would prefer 'somebody else do'. Frankly, if it were up to me there would be mandatory military service for those who fail to be productive, just to teach them a work ethic.

Everyone else: Not everyone has admiration for troops. Just like not everyone here has admiration for NDPers. Canadians are the best soldiers in Afganistan - Page 2 Icon_wink No need to censor the opinions of those who defer from your own. If you do, then you're not a freedom lover at all.

He also started a thread about pedophilia which I locked and deleted. He is a sick n twisted freak. If he stays fine, I wish he'd decide to leave on his own.

usedtoliveinstb

usedtoliveinstb

Goth_chic wrote:He also started a thread about pedophilia which I locked and deleted. He is a sick n twisted freak. If he stays fine, I wish he'd decide to leave on his own.

I was unaware of that.

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Well now you are.....I think his computer screen is covered with viscous substances.

Anonymous

That's gross.

tick

tick
contributor plus
contributor plus

what's the hubbub bub?

tax paid ?.. technically they are paid with borrowed money, so I guess tis your charming children who will pay for your war.

peacekeepers ? obviously not .. no argument, Ill call them .. foreign invaders.

braindead ? .. the very definition of a soldier .
sir YES sir ..

them Nazis were just following orders.

I think Canadians are the best soldiers in the world.

i blame the taxpayers for being braindead

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Our peacekeepers are not brain dead and comparing them to Nazis is about as low as one can get. You have now really crossed a line that should not be crossed. If you had any experience serving or being with our forces you would not be making statements such as you did.

Shame on you. I am disgusted.

Bartron

Bartron
major-contributor
major-contributor

I am very much supportive of Canada's mission in Afghanistan, but Canada is definitely not peacekeeping over there.

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

And that is the unfortunate bit.....in that we cannot exercise our peacekeeping prerogatives....
Afghanistan, I am afraid, is a no-win situation for all concerned, especially the Afghan citizens. I still want to go there though regardless of that sense of despair because I know there are those who live there that are still optimistic in the midst of adversity and apathy.

holly golightly

holly golightly
major-contributor
major-contributor

I may not support the war in Afganistan but I most definately support our troops, regardless of where they are "peacekeeping", "fighting" or clearing snow for that matter. These men and women put their lives on the line every day so that all Canadians whether they are born here or are transplanted can live the free and honourable lives we live today.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

I don't support the Afghanistan mission but I do support our troops no matter their mission.

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I totally respect and support our troops.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Let me qualify my statement. I no longer support the Afghan mission as I believe more than enough Canadian men and women have given their lives already.

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Let me qualify something. tick is an a$$hole and should be banned. Enough is enough. His sole purpose is to flame. If the thread praising pedophilia wasn't the straw, his comments about the members osf the military are.

Lets find out when the next rotation returns from Afganistan and heads home for Shilo, and see if tick has the courage to make his announcement there.

LivingDead

LivingDead
general-contributor
general-contributor

Freeman wrote:Let me qualify something. tick is an a$$hole and should be banned. Enough is enough. His sole purpose is to flame. If the thread praising pedophilia wasn't the straw, his comments about the members osf the military are.

Lets find out when the next rotation returns from Afganistan and heads home for Shilo, and see if tick has the courage to make his announcement there.

Agreed. Good bye tick.

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/youare

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Sayonara
auf wiedersehn
adios
bon voyage

.....don't let the "door" hit your ass on the way out.

cherenkov

cherenkov
contributor plus
contributor plus

I have generally found tick amusing, but he lost me with the braindead peacekeeper comment. I have a close relative that was almost killed in Afghanistan, and I am very much offended by that comment. Feel free to oppose the mission if you wish, but be respectful of our soldiers.

edit: Upon reflection, it's irrelevant that they were almost killed. I would offended in any case.

Last edited by cherenkov on Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarification)

http://anybody-want-a-peanut.blogspot.com/

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Foe feature people.. .foe feature.

use it

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Screw the foe feature, he should be banned.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

banning people is how this board got started. I would really hate for that to happen again.

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Perhaps but sometimes lines have to be drawn in the sand. You do realize that if that thread was left up the word "ped******" could have led undesirables to this site via a search using that word.....it may seem paranoid but based on some of his more colourful remarks regarding women and girls it would not surprise me in the least if that had been his intention....to test and sully the waters so to speak.

SMW

SMW
major-contributor
major-contributor

Deank wrote:banning people is how this board got started. I would really hate for that to happen again.

I think a forum run by Tick would be ... interesting...

Neue Poohtown, perhaps?

Last edited by SMW on Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.conceitedjerk.com

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Hahahahah

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Goth_chic wrote:Screw the foe feature, he should be banned.

Deank wrote:banning people is how this board got started. I would really hate for that to happen again.

I agree with ya both. We created this forum because we did not want arbitrary and willy-nilly banning of members. We want to allow our members to freely speak their minds without fear of some lame ass jerk banning them.

We originally said that prior to banning anyone that we would put it to a vote by the sandbox membership. Those that bothered to "vote" - overwhelmingly voted for banishment.

I have elected not to permanently ban tick thinking second and third chances are preferred.

tick, you're on notice. There is not much that people can't say in the sandbox but use a modicum of common sense man...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum