the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Canadians are the best soldiers in Afganistan

+8
Deank
Goth_chic
usedtoliveinstb
Miz point
Freeman
tick
grumpy old man
LivingDead
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

LivingDead

LivingDead
general-contributor
general-contributor

Tribute to competence
PETER WORTHINGTON wrote:
The fact that the U.S. military, under four-star Gen. Stanley McChrystal, seems not only willing but eager to have his troops under Canadians command is recognition that the Canadians are, arguably, the best allied soldiers in Afghanistan.
PETER WORTHINGTON wrote: That U.S. troops in the Kandahar region of Afghanistan are under the overall command of a Canadian general is a tribute to the
professionalism and competence of Canada's army.
Americans are traditionally wary of anyone but Americans commanding their troops. But in the present Afghan "surge," troops of the 82nd Airborne Division are under the command of Brig.-Gen. Daniel Menard in the Kandahar sector.

Canadian Troops were probably the best soldiers in WW1 and WW2.

I've heard former military personnel from Canada, England and USA all say that USA has the best equipment, Germany has the best commanders and Canada has the best soldiers.

I appreciate all that our armed forces do for our country, You guys are my hero's.

Last edited by LivingDead on Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/youare

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Here here...

Anonymous

ditto

tick

tick
contributor plus
contributor plus

where do I vote to quit spending my tax dollars to kill.
I'm tired of paying my soldiers to kill Arabs.

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

tick wrote:where do I vote to quit spending my tax dollars to kill.

Just don't pay your income tax. Be sure to let us know how that works out.

Where do I vote to quit spending my tax dollars to pay for people who refuse to get off their ass and go to work?

LivingDead

LivingDead
general-contributor
general-contributor

Well you can start by moving to a better country.

Try Iran, I hear their human rights record is the best on the planet. They are fair, and extend to all its citizens a charter of rights and freedoms equal to or better than our own.

Move to Iran, You'll love it there.

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/youare

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Arabs? We are not stationed in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Ohhhh, maybe you are confusing complexions and religion for nationality? Oh for certain there are a few "Arabs" operating as mercs or some other such splinter group attached to Al Qaeda or the Taleban but the majority of folks our military forces are dealing with in Afghanistan are Pashtun, Dari, Waziri, Pakistani, Uzbeki - in other words, a wide variety of Central Asian tribes and dialects. The only time Arabic is used is when the Koran is being studied.

And FYI the Canadian forces are not "your" soldiers.

You are a very ignorant and uneducated man. You bring little of substance to this forum.

http://www.granhotelflores.blogspot.com

usedtoliveinstb

usedtoliveinstb

Miz point wrote:

Who's soldiers are they then? The people who don't pay taxes? Or only the people who don't have an opinion contrary to your own?

usedtoliveinstb

usedtoliveinstb

Freeman wrote:

Where do I vote to quit spending my tax dollars to pay for people who refuse to get off their ass and go to work?

There should be a checkbox on the tax form. "Sign here if you want to support laziness".

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

usedtoliveinstb wrote:
Miz point wrote:

Who's soldiers are they then? The people who don't pay taxes? Or only the people who don't have an opinion contrary to your own?
Actually, they are the Queen's soldiers, thats who they take an oath of allegiance to.

usedtoliveinstb

usedtoliveinstb

Freeman wrote:
usedtoliveinstb wrote:
Miz point wrote:

Actually, they are the Queen's soldiers, thats who they take an oath of allegiance to.

That is symbolic, but of a completely illegitimate authority. They would never obey the Queen if she ordered them to do something. Since the '82 constitution there really is no more link to Britain or the Queen other than symbolic convention.

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

usedtoliveinstb wrote:
Freeman wrote:
usedtoliveinstb wrote:
Miz point wrote:

That is symbolic, but of a completely illegitimate authority. They would never obey the Queen if she ordered them to do something. Since the '82 constitution there really is no more link to Britain or the Queen other than symbolic convention.

The "Crown" is the legitimate authority.

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

usedtoliveinstb wrote:
Miz point wrote:

Firstly darling if you are gonna try and pick a fight with me you best be brushing up on your English skills in terms of spelling and comprehension. I was directing my remarks at the quoted poster as if to say to him that he did not have exclusive ownership over the Canadian Forces.....secondly, your use of "who's" is wrong....it is "whose".....LD, earlier, made a similar mistake with the word heroes.....

Lastly, WTF exactly do you mean by your remark as you directed it at me? You may well find better places to direct your misplaced ire.

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

usedtoliveinstb wrote:
Freeman wrote:
usedtoliveinstb wrote:
Miz point wrote:

Really? Then why do we have Crown Land, Crown Corporations and still honour treaties that were established by a Royal authority?

Anonymous

Cause the goverment owns them and the treaties are now enshrined in Canadian law . The Queen is purely figure head to appease the monarchist.

usedtoliveinstb

usedtoliveinstb

Miz point wrote:Really? Then why do we have Crown Land, Crown Corporations and still honour treaties that were established by a Royal authority?

Because in 1867 the BNAA established the Canadian constitution in the spirit of British law. Thus, since in the Common (English) Law there is no absolute ownership of any land, except for the feudal reminant of possession in the name of the Crown (simple fee, life fee, trust, etc.), in Canada we have the same type of titles.

In 1931, the British parliament passed the Statute of Westminster which permitted colonies to establish their own laws and were no longer bound by future British laws. In 82' we established our own means of constitutional modification, thus fully emancipating us from British rule. The only legacy of the symbolic conventions that remain in our system, like Parlimentary Privilege, "Crown" assets, and the GG, etc. In fact, there is no mention of any of these things, not even the Prime Minister anywhere in our constitution, the only indicator of these rules are the 1867 constitutional preambule.

tick

tick
contributor plus
contributor plus

I'm pretty sure they said Arabs.
19. .. with boxcutters.
attached us US ..
Thus we kill them.
by we ,I mean our braindead taxpaid peacekeepers. .

why are we fighting Pashtun. ?
for the pipes and poppies.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

tick wrote: by we ,I mean our braindead taxpaid peacekeepers. .

You're a complete fricking ass. Please take your ignorant posts to another forum.

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I know we believe in self moderation in the sandbox but me thinks Tick should get the boot.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Let's see what other members think...

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

hell no... dont like what the guy is saying, simply use the foe feature.

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

All ticks are pests and should thus be removed.

usedtoliveinstb

usedtoliveinstb

He's said he doesn't support the war. Move on.

Tick: No need to take shot at soldiers, they work hard to do a job that most would prefer 'somebody else do'. Frankly, if it were up to me there would be mandatory military service for those who fail to be productive, just to teach them a work ethic.

Everyone else: Not everyone has admiration for troops. Just like not everyone here has admiration for NDPers. Wink No need to censor the opinions of those who defer from your own. If you do, then you're not a freedom lover at all.

SMW

SMW
major-contributor
major-contributor

I concur. Freedom of speech means sometimes hearing things you don't want to hear.

http://www.conceitedjerk.com

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

usedtoliveinstb wrote:He's said he doesn't support the war. Move on.

Tick: No need to take shot at soldiers, they work hard to do a job that most would prefer 'somebody else do'. Frankly, if it were up to me there would be mandatory military service for those who fail to be productive, just to teach them a work ethic.

Everyone else: Not everyone has admiration for troops. Just like not everyone here has admiration for NDPers. Wink No need to censor the opinions of those who defer from your own. If you do, then you're not a freedom lover at all.

This forum is under the jurisdiction of the Benign but Totally and Always Right Dictatorship of Grumpy.......freedom? You gotta be joking right? hahahahah

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum