the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Clean Environment Commission- Tells Wpg To Remove Nitrogen

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Remove nitrogen from our waste water- Special cost appx $390,000,000.
Mayor Sam tells them to stuff it or send us a cheque!
Yea, smart mayor Sam! He is the greatest!

http://www.elansofas.com

JT Estoban

JT Estoban
major-contributor
major-contributor

If by greatest, you mean douche....then, yes, I agree!

Clean Environment Commission- Tells Wpg To Remove Nitrogen 190

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Mayor Sam is telling these experts to stuff it, while they tell Wpg to spend 3 trillion dollars because it will help the green stuff in lake Winnipeg.
All other governments would rush to spend the money, if they could get money fom the feds and the province.
mayor sam has told them no, because there is no proof that what they want will be any benefit!
I think that Lake Wpg wont get any better until we ban farmers from using fertilizer, but I am no expert on the subject.

umcrouc0

umcrouc0
contributor plus
contributor plus

Katz shouldn't be telling experts to stuff it until he gets a degree in environmental science.

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Katz should tell everyone , who suggests that Wpg spend 880 million dollars to remove something else from our water, after the Province ordered Winnipeg to spend 1.2 Billion dollars on an upgraded water system and hasn't offered to share the expense!
Katz is doing a very good job in trying to match crummy income with expenses, a skill apparently not appreciated by 3 forum members!

EdWin

EdWin
major-contributor
major-contributor

I think what would really be beneficial to Lake Winnipeg, as well as Manitoba's two other big lakes (Manitoba and Winnipegosis) is for them to be classified as part of the "Great Lakes" basin. This way, they would qualify for huge federal funding to help study and clean them up, like the Great Lakes are subject to. It's helped Lake Erie reboud a great deal from a potential ecological collapse 20 years ago. Lake Winnipeg is on the same destructive path as Lake Erie. There has been talk about this, but I haven't seen any hard evidence that it will happen.

JT Estoban

JT Estoban
major-contributor
major-contributor

It might cost almost a trillion dollars, but that's money well spent, considering the amount of junk we dump into the river, and where that eventually ends up.

The chicken's of many generations of polluters (I'm not exempt, I flush my toilet like everyone else) are finally coming home to roost. It's time to clean up our act. If that means we have to spend money to put systems in place to stop polluting our waterways, then I guess that's what needs to be done.

On the flip side, that also creates jobs, and employs plenty of people building these projects.

I will say this for Katz, he has done a "decent" job at matching some crummy incomes to expenses...it's not an easy job, but he knew that before he ran, and that's why he was elected. Those who elected him (not me) felt he was capable of doing the job.

Riverman

Riverman

The money would be better spent eliminating the combined sewers in the older areas.

Some works of this type have been completed (or so I thought).

http://www.winnipeg.ca/WaterAndWaste/dept/CSIF/overviewNEWPCC.stm

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

JTEstevan- I wanted to divide 1 trillion by the 3500 Winnipegers who could afford to pay for that, but my adding machine couldn't handle the numbers.
I know you are jesting about the expense! I would like to go to that City Hall meeting when that expense would be discussed!
That should be interesting ! One billion for the upgrade in water system that is going on, and then add a trillion dollars for something that would help with the global warming! lol
So many dumb ass scientists around and thank Katz to cut through the crappy bureaucratic imbecillic thinking.
One trillion! how many zeros is that? My calculator is choking!

JT Estoban

JT Estoban
major-contributor
major-contributor

Meh, things cost more than they used to.

Time to get a new calculator, one with a screen instead of paper? Clean Environment Commission- Tells Wpg To Remove Nitrogen Icon_razz

What's in most plant fertz?
What is required (by plants and others) to biosynthesize a basic building block of life?
Any guesses?

Answer = Nitrogen.

No one said cleaning up was cheap...will we need help? You bet. The province and the feds will have to add funds. For some folks, their value-meter is nonadjustable...for others, well, it rises with inflation, just like everything else.

Remember, Scammin' Sammy said the Disraeli bridge would need to close, and there was no intention of asking the province for funds. Then, not too long ago, all of a sudden the province will fund part of the project, and now the bridge won't close.

Just because they "say" that they won't get funds from anyone else, doesn't mean that it won't happen.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum