the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

NOT CONFIRMED DOUBLE HOMICIDE DURING WEDDING RECEPTION AT POLISH COMBATANTS HALL

+8
Mr_Point
grumpy old man
rosencrentz
Goth_chic
eastsider
Bartron
Freeman
Miz point
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Deank

contributor eminence
contributor eminence

used to be WHEN.. Miz P?
If you can give a year, I believe I can prooove you wrong.
I know of no time in the history of them that this was so.

I know a fair bit about both gangs from the early days.

Last edited by Deank on Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : needed an extra o)

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Where are the angry voices of the Chiefs???? ABSENT AGAIN GUYS!!!! Your silence speaks volumes.

http://www.granhotelflores.blogspot.com

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Miz point wrote:Where are the angry voices of the Chiefs???? ABSENT AGAIN GUYS!!!! Your silence speaks volumes.

I believe they are silent at the disbelief of horror that happened this time.

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Deank wrote:used to be WHEN.. Miz P?
If you can give a year, I believe I can proove you wrong.
I know of no time in the history of them that this was so.

I know a fair bit about both gangs from the early days.

You know a fair bit about the gangs but were you privy to insider information? I am curious....in the meantime I wished the f**kers would just go away....I wished more high profile aboriginals would speak up regarding Aboriginal on Aboriginal violence, take charge of their lives and stop blaming the rest of us (hello Terry Nelson) for their ills.....this shite has been going on for too long.

Anonymous

Let's not be too hasty here.

Whenever a Chief speaks up about something, he always asks for money.

Let's be grateful that they haven't spoken out.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

"You know a fair bit about the gangs but were you privy to insider information? "

hehehee.... I aint admiting to nuthin.

death128

death128
contributor
contributor

We NEED more money to stifle our gang situation!!! (just practicing)

EdWin

EdWin
major-contributor
major-contributor

grumpy old man wrote:I kinda doubt that also. I'll bet it is gang related. Care to name the gang?

Indian Posse?

I wouldn't be shocked if it was the Indian Posse. My cousin married an indian several years ago in Winnipeg. At the social at the Copa Cabana Club, one of my other cousins was harassed by an older rough looking indian with a pony tail. She refused to dance with him. She grabbed my arm and said "my boyfriend is the jealous type so you'd better leave me alone". I played along, and the fricker threatened my life as soon as I would leave the social. He said the Indian Posse would be waiting for me. He, along with several other indians, got booted out a little while later. We soon found out they did indeed have ties to the Indian Posse. My whole family knew that marriage was a huge mistake, and thankfully she divorced his ass a few years later.

Indian Posse are all scum and nothing more.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

"Indian Posse are all scum and nothing more."

not in the beginning.

EdWin

EdWin
major-contributor
major-contributor

Deank wrote:"Indian Posse are all scum and nothing more."

not in the beginning.

I'm referring to the end bi-product.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

There are still a few that are not in it for the violence, but they are few for sure.

Anonymous

Indian Posse:

The Indian Posse are an Aboriginal street gang set in Western Canada based in Winnipeg, Manitoba. It is one of the largest street gangs in Canada. Criminal Intelligence Service Canada (CISC) has designated the Indian Posse as being a member of Aboriginal Based Organized Crime (ABOC), along with Redd Alert and Manitoba Warriors.

Stories have been dated back to the inception of the gang around 1990, but members have said that the very first generation of Indian Posse was actually formed in 1988, inside Stony Mountain Institution. Recruitment is often aggressively sought, with newly admitted prisoners pressured to receive tattoos with the letters "IP."
Indian Posse members can also be identified by red bandannas. CISC asserts that the Indian Posse, in addition to engaging in marijuana cultivation, auto theft, illegal firearms activities, gambling, and drug trafficking, also supports and facilitates criminal activities for the Hell's Angels motorcycle club and Asian-based networks. IP members earn status in the gang by completing "missions" such as armed robberies, arson and homicides. The first stage is an IP tattoo, followed by a more senior level known as "arm bars," a large tattoo that reads Indian on one arm and Posse on the other. Senior members will also get a shield tattooed on their neck. Police claim the Indian Posse are still just focused on threatening violence and reputation and that they have not evolved as a gang with the same sophistication as the Manitoba Warriors.

The Indian Posse's enemies include Redd Alert, Manitoba Warriors (along with the Alberta Warriors and Saskatchewan Warriors), African Mafia, Most Organized Brothers, the CENTRAL, the White Boy Posse and Zig Zag Crew plus the Native Syndicate. Founding father Richard Wolfe 's notion of the Indian Posse as a gang with a dream of being "proud Indians," who "will join the great Spirit in the sky".

Last edited by HurtinAlbertan on Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:00 pm; edited 2 times in total

Anonymous

Manitoba Warriors:

The Manitoba Warriors began as an exclusively Aboriginal based criminal organization founded in 1992 by incarcerated inmates to rival traditional Biker gangs and to protect Native inmates from Biker aggression. Police estimate that membership of this gang range in the hundreds and span across atleast two Provinces. The Warriors are less likely than other groups to be involved in low-level street crime, and are the smallest in terms of the number of inmates serving in correctional institutions.

Their members also mark status levels by tattoos. The gang has a president, vice-president and sergeant-at-arms, and would-be members must serve an apprenticeship, called "striking," just as in Biker gang culture. Winnipeg's gang unit database had 300+ active and 143 inactive members, almost all adults, in 2000. threw the 2000's The Warriors organization did grow now theres estimated to be around 600+ active and 184 inactive members with 250 of them known to be hardcore members, are an older gang and more oriented towards day-to-day business rather than running around tagging their gang name on everything in sight.

They have traditionally been at war with the Hell's Angels over Winnipeg's drug distribution network, the only Aboriginal street gang able to do so. The Manitoba Warriors are known to associate with less organized criminal organizations such as the CENTRAL and Most Organized Brothers, distancing senior members of the gang from daily criminal activity and police scrutiny. As a prison gang, the Manitoba Warriors have been reported primarily in the Edmonton Institution, Headingley Correctional Institution and the Stony Mountain Institution.

Neighborhoods frequented by this gang include The Maples, West End West Kildonan, Weston, West Broadway and Tyndall Park, but their main territory are located in the North End and Central neighborhoods of Winnipeg. The Warriors are also represented in other cities and Provinces under banners such as the Alberta Warriors and Saskatchewan Warriors.

Their enemies include the Native Syndicate, Hell's Angels, Redd Alert, Indian Posse the Mad Cowz and the Zig Zag Crew.

Last edited by HurtinAlbertan on Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

EdWin

EdWin
major-contributor
major-contributor

Deank wrote:There are still a few that are not in it for the violence, but they are few for sure.

No excuses in my books. Whoever is a member of the Indian Posse, regarless of their associated rolls in the gang, they have made the CHOICE to associate themselves with such a violent organization. IMO, the bookkeepers are just as guilty as the murderers of the gang. They all need the books thrown at them.

FYI, there are some Indian Posse here in Edmonton. Nowhere near as large or as bad as in Winnipeg, but there are some. Again, they are all scum.

In all honesty, if the people of these afflicted neighborhoods all decided to take matters into their own hands and "rid" or fight back against any piece of sh1t gang members, I say all the power to them. These assholes have been running the streets of Winnipeg's poorer neighborhoods for too long, and it's obvious police action isn't doing much to curb it, and they likely won't step up the heat because of $$$$ as usual. So who else is left to do anything.

Last edited by EdWin on Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:12 pm; edited 2 times in total

Anonymous

Miz point wrote:And your latest intel is??? IP used to be auxiliary of the Warriors....maybe not now but they used to be and I will stand by that....

That must have been a long time ago. For years they have been bitter enemies.

Anonymous

The Gangs in my area:

B-Side:

The B-Side are an Aboriginal based street gang located in the West Broadway neighborhood of Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. This gang deals mainly in the street level distribution of narcotics and have approximately 30 to 40 male and female members. Their main enemies would be the Mad Cowz, CENTRAL and African Mafia gang, who were once considered allies, but have since engaged them in numerous violent confrontations.

African Mafia:

The African Mafia are a relatively new street gang in Winnipeg, Manitoba derived of former members of the once formidable Mad Cowz gang. The origins of this gang can be arguably traced back to the shooting death of 14-year-old Sirak "Shaggy" Okbazion. Shaggy fled troubled Eritrea with his parents when he was 6, and moved to Canada at age 10. Unable to assimilate to white-bred Canadian culture, Shaggy found himself selling cocaine for the Mad Cowz four years later.

In August 2004, he was shot three times through the chest outside a crack house; a victim in a high-stakes war with B-Side, a more established Aboriginal street gang. Infighting among the Mad Cowz over avenging Shaggy's murder, along with disagreement over the distribution of funds amongst its members, led to an acrimonious split.

Tension beget violence in 2005 as the African Mafia fought for control of the drug trade in a corner of Winnipeg's west end. Their enemies include the Mad Cowz, B-Side and Most Organized Brothers and the Indian Posse.

Mad Cowz:

The Mad Cowz, who first appeared on police radar in 2004, were founded by displaced immigrant youths of African origin who banded together as a result of social isolation from the greater population of Winnipeg. Although started as a support mechanism for recent immigrants, police believe the Mad Cowz quickly became involved in the street level distribution of crack cocaine in the west end of Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. The gang burst on to the criminal scene in 2000 by targeting young new African immigrants to the city with aggressive tactics.

Many newly arrived teens and young men struggled with the language and culture but were instantly welcomed by established criminals who preyed on them to do their bidding. Many of the founding members were no strangers to violence given the background of where they had come from and gone through in their home countries (Most members are of Sudanese or Somalian decent). This gang's membership relies on displaced youth who have been exposed to a high degree of violence.

With major profits to be made from drug trafficking in Winnipeg, several Mad Cowz members decided to break away and form their own group, which is known on the streets as the African Mafia. Their main rivals, aside from the African Mafia, are the B-Side, an established Aboriginal street gang.

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

HurtinAlbertan wrote:
Miz point wrote:And your latest intel is??? IP used to be auxiliary of the Warriors....maybe not now but they used to be and I will stand by that....

Yes, years ago.....

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

You know, it really doesn't matter if its Hells Angels, Zig Zag Crew, IP, Manitoba Warriors or the Mickey Mouse Club, this has just gone too far. Glad to see Justice Minister Chomiak (I still laugh when I say that) is going to take tough action....in September. Does he expect us all to just go hull down for the rest of the summer? Going to buy ankle bracelets for all the gang bangers? Maybe Chomiak should institute a provincial gun registry, seeing how successful the federal program was.

Those folks who caught the guy trying to abduct the 4 yr old have the right idea. Beat the crap out of the prick waiting for the cops to arrive. One press report said police found the guy "unresponsive" when they arrived on scene, thats what we need, more unresponsive suspects. Glad to see some spark of life in the North end.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

I got a jolt when he said the "stolen car" group still has to monitor those jerks. WTF??? We only have one group within the WPS to pursue the bad guys? Where are the gang officers? Why not simply change their mandate to "in your face policing"?

Some will say our gang squad is undercover. How's that working for us? Some will say our police are undermanned. Reassign them from traffic duty. TODAY!

Priorities people. Priorities.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Miz point wrote:
HurtinAlbertan wrote:

Yes, years ago.....

Considering both groups "formed" in the late 80s and early 90s that makes very little sense to say "years ago". Was there at one time "talk" of them joining together? Yes indeed there was. It was however just that, talk and a couple of guys died for that talk.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

They need to talk more then.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

LOL

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

grumpy old man wrote:I got a jolt when he said the "stolen car" group still has to monitor those jerks. WTF??? We only have one group within the WPS to pursue the bad guys? Where are the gang officers? Why not simply change their mandate to "in your face policing"?

Some will say our gang squad is undercover. How's that working for us? Some will say our police are undermanned. Reassign them from traffic duty. TODAY!

Priorities people. Priorities.

I find it interesting that there is the assumption that the stolen auto unit guys did a real fantastic job. And then MPI goes on to say its been their requirement of immobilizers that did the job.

Which is it? If it wasn;t the immobilizers then perhaps MPI needs to refund alot more money and stop that program. If it was the immobilizers, whats the governement going to do? Make us all wear bullet proof armor and say that they fixed the violence problem?

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I thought there was a gang unit.....

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

My point precisely Miz P.

Deank