the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Teen who says she was injured by Mountie stun gun sues RCMP in Manitoba

+5
Freeman
Bartron
rosencrentz
Deank
grumpy old man
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Deank

contributor eminence
contributor eminence

no one is lying in this case.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Deank, where are you going with this? Who suggested the RCMP are lying? Some are expressing reluctance to believe the RCMP because of their recent antics. But the point is moot. That is not what this thread is about.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

"Who suggested the RCMP are lying? Some are expressing reluctance to believe the RCMP because of their recent antics"

Thats where I am going.. its not about belief or disbelief at this point. BOTH sides agree that the same thing happened.

One side says it was justified and within the rules of engagement, the other side does not.

There is no room for needing to believe the RCMP one just needs to look at the rules.

But regardless of the rules, the RCMP should not have done what they did.

Anonymous

Did they have to taser this girl? Did they have to taser Dziekanski?

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Did they have to taser this girl? Don't know. Drunk belligerent little girls can be impossible to control.

Did they have to taser Dziekanski? No. No in any way. shape or form were they justified in their actions.

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

How do the hysterics, malcontents, and machos manage to get into law enforcement anyway? I thought there was stringent psychological screening in place?

http://www.granhotelflores.blogspot.com

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Pretty broad brush. I agree that there have been soem pretty high profile incidents of inappropriate action by police, but is it all of them, or just a select few assholes. I want to believe that most are ok, but it is getting tougher to maintain respect for them as a whole.

Anonymous

Regarding the use of tasers, it really seems to be an institutional, or systemic, issue and not an individual problem. When instructions are issued on the use of force, the rank and file are expected to adhere to the policy, and if the policy is troublesome, a difficult situation will exist of course.

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Perhaps the rank and file should tuck their johnsons back where they belong and exercise some civility...I am not condoning the little reprobate's behaviour but this taser shite is getting out of hand. People are dying. Enough already. Get the nazis out of the police forces.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Ummm, there are also women policemen. Should they be tucking their "johnsons back where they belong" too?

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

you bet......I have met some female officers with big chips on their shoulders......they have metaphorical johnsons. but come on grumps, the police force is white male dominated, no disputing that.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

But, but, but... You can't paint all men with the same brush. Look at how you bristle when women are targeted. Play fair now...

Besides, the WPS is male dominated simply because women can't do the job as well as men can.

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

ok....will state then that SOME men oughtta tuck their johnsons away.....you are right.....my bad.....but as to the women not being able to do the job as well as men? I dispute that.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Why do you think they lowered the standards to begin with? Height restrictions? Lowered? Weight restrictions? Lowered. IQ restrictions? Dropped entirely...

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Are you implying that lowered IQ's were for female applicants??? I sincerely hope not.......gender has little to do with IQ unless one is gonna trot out the seventies psycho babble like nuture vs nature and the Jensen theory

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

How's the fishin' MizPoint? Heh heh heh

I iz merely trolling and baiting today!

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

grumpy old man wrote:How's the fishin' MizPoint? Heh heh heh

I iz merely trolling and baiting today!

Miz P fully understands the process.....but still had to be a total show-off with regards to knowing 1970's psychobabble theories that are still being used to put wimmin folks down.....heheheh.....Miz P will still play with GOM

Anonymous

IQ,s were lowered for another reason though , and most of them are in prison according to the government, it was to encourage them to apply .
You still need a pretty good education though.

AdamX

AdamX
contributor
contributor

i'll add to the baiting by saying that there is no way you can argue that a woman police officer can physically deal with the same stuff a male can. I know this through experience with women on my department and just knowing exactly what police training involves. a woman that can physically match a man in strength is the exception rather than the rule.

sexist? not at all, just reality.
women should not be firefighters either, for the same reason that they physically are just not as able to do it as a man.

http://www.cakefarter.com

Anonymous

AND....the fire department does have lower standards for women.....they account for their lower physical abilities.

The police seem to be doing the same.

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Standards have changed over the years. The change in the physical standards also allowed greater access to minorities such as Asians.

Anonymous

....hence the need for tasers perhaps?

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I think that society has changed such that it has become unacceptable to subdue someone with a solid whack with a baton, so other alternatives, such as taser have been introduced.

Anonymous

I think the taser was introduced to level the playing field....make small people bigger in a fight.

You'd be hard-pressed to find a cop that's 6' tall nowadays.

AdamX

AdamX
contributor
contributor

leveling the playing field is fine and cops should have as many tools available to them as we can provide, but when it comes down to it and all else fails they should physically be able to handle themselves and control another one or two people that they might be dealing with.

same with firefighters, they should all physically be able to mandhandle a body out of a room full of smoke, or lift someone out of a crashed up car. setting lower standards to allow easier access for women and minorities might give us a warm fuzzy feeling of political correctness, but does it realistically benefit the department?

http://www.cakefarter.com

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

And there in lies the debate. Is the quality sacrificed in favour of having representation from groups who might be excluded by the standards? Sounds like a human rights issue to me. sarcasm

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum