the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Harper is Anti-Catholic

+4
Deank
Triniman
grumpy old man
rosencrentz
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Harper is Anti-Catholic Empty Harper is Anti-Catholic Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:36 am

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

So little to report, but anything that shows Harper in a bad light will make the front page !
Complete non-story!
http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/article/663208
It would be scandolous, says the priest!
"This will split the country", said John Diefenbaker from his grave! A previous "split the country" statement made by Diefenbaker when the Liberals introduced a new flag, sometime in the 60's I believe!

Normally a Protestant would not be offered a wafer, but Harper looked hungry!

http://www.elansofas.com

2Harper is Anti-Catholic Empty Re: Harper is Anti-Catholic Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:56 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

What a complete crock of horsesh1te. Why should anyone care if he took communion or not? Why should anyone care whether he consumed the wafer?

You people that concern yourselves about this kind of stuff are in total need of some help. Why don't you idiots find something more important to worry about.

Sheesh.

3Harper is Anti-Catholic Empty Re: Harper is Anti-Catholic Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:05 am

Triniman

Triniman
general-contributor
general-contributor

rosencrentz wrote:So little to report, but anything that shows Harper in a bad light will make the front page !
Complete non-story!
http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/article/663208
It would be scandolous, says the priest!
"This will split the country", said John Diefenbaker from his grave! A previous "split the country" statement made by Diefenbaker when the Liberals introduced a new flag, sometime in the 60's I believe!

Normally a Protestant would not be offered a wafer, but Harper looked hungry!
Must be a slow news day. Oh, wait. It's from that commie Toronto newspaper, the Star.

4Harper is Anti-Catholic Empty Re: Harper is Anti-Catholic Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:17 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

grumpy old man wrote:What a complete crock of horsesh1te. Why should anyone care if he took communion or not? Why should anyone care whether he consumed the wafer?

You people that concern yourselves about this kind of stuff are in total need of some help. Why don't you idiots find something more important to worry about.

Sheesh.

Its not a commune wafer its the body of christ.

Which god do you believe in? How would you like it if a non believer carried around a piece of his/her body in his pocket?

HOWEVER!.. he should not have accepted it, because him consuming it would I think be just as bad for his beliefs no?

5Harper is Anti-Catholic Empty Re: Harper is Anti-Catholic Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:25 am

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

Actually...he may not have known the "protocol" about the wafer.

I know if you go to a Mormon church...they pass around trays of bread & water (sacrement) and each person takes a piece and a cup and partakes. Non-members visiting would most likely just follow along (I know many who have)...it's not an offense..it's participation.

I'm not Catholic...but I've been to Catholic (and other) churches...and I always went up with whoever I was visiting with to partake as well.

http://www.photage.ca

6Harper is Anti-Catholic Empty Re: Harper is Anti-Catholic Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:27 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Its not an offense to the Catholics (hell its a plus for them because they "converted" you )but if you are a real religous person it is indeed an offense to your religion even if you dont think it is. Unless of course your religion is perfectly okay with you participating in other religious rights (and many are)

7Harper is Anti-Catholic Empty Re: Harper is Anti-Catholic Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:28 am

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

It is only the body of jeebus if one believes in that belief/ritual system. Agreed though with regards to acceptance as posited by Dean. Out of respect for that belief/ritual system Harper should have known that only those who were confirmed in Catholicism and had as such followed the preceding rituals to acceptance of teh body of jeebus are the only ones entitled to imbibe of the body.

But Steven is of the ilk that believes god is on his side..... Smile

http://www.granhotelflores.blogspot.com

8Harper is Anti-Catholic Empty Re: Harper is Anti-Catholic Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:28 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

"Actually...he may not have known the "protocol" about the wafer."

It matters little if he knew protocol or not. This is religion we are talking about. Facts are unimportant.

9Harper is Anti-Catholic Empty Re: Harper is Anti-Catholic Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:30 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

oh and real funny last night on one of the news stations they showed the video (which clearly shows him not consuming it) and then read the Prime Ministers office statement which said. Oh dont worry he actually consumed it.

yeah.. heh, because a statement from someone who was not there, is clearly more accurate then video evidence.

10Harper is Anti-Catholic Empty Re: Harper is Anti-Catholic Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:31 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

"It is only the body of jeebus if one believes in that belief/ritual system."

well exactly... and its the people that are "outraged" that believe that.

11Harper is Anti-Catholic Empty Re: Harper is Anti-Catholic Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:31 am

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

Well...for the example of the Mormons...the bread represents the "body" of Christ (usually bought at the supermarket that morning) and the water the "blood" of Christ (they originally used wine like everyone else...but then determined wine was not good for you...so now it's just tap water).

If you don't believe...then it's a nice snack in the middle of a long meeting...if you do believe...you'll probably wish you brought a sandwich.

http://www.photage.ca

12Harper is Anti-Catholic Empty Re: Harper is Anti-Catholic Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:33 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

and the church is just a bunch of wood and nails until the priest turns it into gods house.

13Harper is Anti-Catholic Empty Re: Harper is Anti-Catholic Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:39 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

I was raised a Roman Catholic. I'm not offended in the least. This is so very much ado about nothing IMO.

14Harper is Anti-Catholic Empty Re: Harper is Anti-Catholic Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:46 am

Anonymous

Same as me GOM.
This is notyhing more than the Liberal MSM attempting to discredit Harper yet again. Frigg'n BS imo.

15Harper is Anti-Catholic Empty Re: Harper is Anti-Catholic Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:54 am

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

What is it with this American-style polarization ie: Liberal MSM, entering into Canadian discourse? NOT everyone who works in the so-called mainstream media is a "Liberal" or a "liberal"......we may as well demonstrate the two distinctions here....

16Harper is Anti-Catholic Empty Re: Harper is Anti-Catholic Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:55 am

Anonymous

American style ??? Talk of polarization.

17Harper is Anti-Catholic Empty Re: Harper is Anti-Catholic Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:56 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

its the LIBERAL MSM.. not the Conservative MSM or leftwing MSM

not all the MSM is Liberal just the particular ones trying to attack harper for anything possible since they dont have anything good to say about themselves and nothing that negative to say about harper

18Harper is Anti-Catholic Empty Re: Harper is Anti-Catholic Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 am

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

It, this form of labeling of liberal vs conservative, gained more momentum on right-wing talk radio in the United States of America. Now if one looks at so-called MSM and goes back a hundred or so years ago there were greater divisions within the press with regards to one paper being whig and the other tory per se.....I would like to believe that in Canada we have achieved a better balance what with all of the newer forms of media out there. We are certainly better informed than our Faux News/Rush Fatbaugh watchinglistening counterparts south of the 49th parallel.

god help us if our media ever gets to be like that.

19Harper is Anti-Catholic Empty Re: Harper is Anti-Catholic Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:11 am

umcrouc0

umcrouc0
contributor plus
contributor plus

I heard about this on the radio and laughed. Slow news day I guess.

20Harper is Anti-Catholic Empty Re: Harper is Anti-Catholic Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:16 pm

Anonymous

Why do most on here feel to have they have to defend him ?

21Harper is Anti-Catholic Empty Re: Harper is Anti-Catholic Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:37 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Why do you feel the need to slag him?

See? Goes both ways...

22Harper is Anti-Catholic Empty Re: Harper is Anti-Catholic Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:25 pm

Anonymous

Cause when he is the boss it goe,s with the territory and yes if it was Iggy I would slag him too as he is not a leader either. so there .

23Harper is Anti-Catholic Empty Re: Harper is Anti-Catholic Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:40 am

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Well, not like we have to worry about Iggy being "the boss", nor do I actually believe that statement, but basically, you'd slag anyone about anything. I think I had already figured that out.

24Harper is Anti-Catholic Empty Re: Harper is Anti-Catholic Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:06 am

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

What flavours do the cookiies come in? Is there a bacon and salami?

http://www.elansofas.com

25Harper is Anti-Catholic Empty Re: Harper is Anti-Catholic Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:13 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Pavolo wrote:Cause when he is the boss it goe,s with the territory and yes if it was Iggy I would slag him too as he is not a leader either. so there .
Balance is good. But if balance had four corners, slag and praise, three corners are woefully empty.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum