the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Harper to unveil new anti-gang bill.

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Harper to unveil new anti-gang bill. Empty Harper to unveil new anti-gang bill. Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:20 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

what chance of it passing do you give?
http://www.winnipegsun.com/news/canada/2009/02/25/8530401.html

I go with zero... but non governing parties may just surprise me. I hope they do, but I am pretty sure they wont.

2Harper to unveil new anti-gang bill. Empty Re: Harper to unveil new anti-gang bill. Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:23 pm

SMW

SMW
major-contributor
major-contributor

I'm inclined to say "zero" as well. However, I'd be more inclined to take odds on whether it'd be actively enforced if it were passed...

http://www.conceitedjerk.com

3Harper to unveil new anti-gang bill. Empty Re: Harper to unveil new anti-gang bill. Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:25 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

actively enforced? or more of a not pass the first court case like so many of these gang laws fail to do ?

4Harper to unveil new anti-gang bill. Empty Re: Harper to unveil new anti-gang bill. Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:27 pm

SMW

SMW
major-contributor
major-contributor

Heh - that too. Maybe they'll build a brand new, state-of-the-art, multi-million dollar, high security court house for the first trial.

Oh, wait...

5Harper to unveil new anti-gang bill. Empty Re: Harper to unveil new anti-gang bill. Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:34 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

naw... no one would ever do that... that is just crazy talk. Next thing you know you will say that the courthouse will be some sort of transformer that turns into a bakery.

6Harper to unveil new anti-gang bill. Empty Re: Harper to unveil new anti-gang bill. Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:39 pm

SMW

SMW
major-contributor
major-contributor

A bakery? That IS crazy talk! Next thing you'll tell me is that the accused will accept a plea bargain and not have to go to trial!

7Harper to unveil new anti-gang bill. Empty Re: Harper to unveil new anti-gang bill. Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:41 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

that would be going to far. I think you must be smoking something.

8Harper to unveil new anti-gang bill. Empty Re: Harper to unveil new anti-gang bill. Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:45 pm

SMW

SMW
major-contributor
major-contributor

Deank wrote:that would be going to far. I think you must be smoking something.

Nah, you know I don't do that stuff. It must be the fumes in the shop...

9Harper to unveil new anti-gang bill. Empty Re: Harper to unveil new anti-gang bill. Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:04 pm

Anonymous

Geez...if only Harper would reconsider his position on the use of recreational drugs, he would end the gang violence immediately. What would be their point any longer?

10Harper to unveil new anti-gang bill. Empty Re: Harper to unveil new anti-gang bill. Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:06 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

prostitution, stolen merchandise, untaxed drugs, alcohol, tobacco... do I need to list more or is saying anything not "legal" good enough?

11Harper to unveil new anti-gang bill. Empty Re: Harper to unveil new anti-gang bill. Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:06 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Apparantly they resort to crime because they are poor. Drugs, prostitution, stolen merchandise, untaxed drugs, alcohol, tobacco play no role in it.

12Harper to unveil new anti-gang bill. Empty Re: Harper to unveil new anti-gang bill. Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:12 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

sure they do... they are all things that make money...

poor = I want money = things above.

13Harper to unveil new anti-gang bill. Empty Re: Harper to unveil new anti-gang bill. Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:32 pm

Anonymous

They have to pay the bills some how , selling what we good people want . And lots of people want it hence .

14Harper to unveil new anti-gang bill. Empty Re: Harper to unveil new anti-gang bill. Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:52 am

Anonymous

Poor=opurtunity=commodity

15Harper to unveil new anti-gang bill. Empty Re: Harper to unveil new anti-gang bill. Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:02 pm

IG Guy

IG Guy
contributor plus
contributor plus

grumpy old man wrote:Apparantly they resort to crime because they are poor. Drugs, prostitution, stolen merchandise, untaxed drugs, alcohol, tobacco play no role in it.

They must not be great with business tactics because if they knew how to push this stuff correctly... they should not be poor. You think they would be really wealthy.

16Harper to unveil new anti-gang bill. Empty Re: Harper to unveil new anti-gang bill. Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:27 pm

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Harper , in an interview today, let slip that since there is no money left, the Conservatives are spending $200 on a Kalishnikof machine gun and $25 for bullets, and are hiring Dion after he quits parliament to head out looking for gangs in Quebec.

http://www.elansofas.com

17Harper to unveil new anti-gang bill. Empty Re: Harper to unveil new anti-gang bill. Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:24 pm

Anonymous

Their boss's have the money , bikers and the hierchy of the gang .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum