the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Driving, the bane of my existence...

+12
Triniman
Miz point
Riverman
tick
EdWin
rosencrentz
Time Lord
incognito
sun_wukong
AGEsAces
Electrician
grumpy old man
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Driving, the bane of my existence... - Page 2 Empty Re: Driving, the bane of my existence... Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:45 pm

EdWin

major-contributor
major-contributor

Electrician wrote:Just take the new LRT to where you wanna go. Simple.

You must be talking about Hamilton, cause Winnipeg ain't gettin no LRT anytime soon, if ever. The best you can do is buses.

I"m sure you are being sarcastic though Wink

27Driving, the bane of my existence... - Page 2 Empty Re: Driving, the bane of my existence... Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:51 pm

Electrician

Electrician
general-contributor
general-contributor

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup!

http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1416203996

28Driving, the bane of my existence... - Page 2 Empty Re: Driving, the bane of my existence... Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:44 pm

incognito

incognito
contributor plus
contributor plus

u might wanna get your keyboard fixed

29Driving, the bane of my existence... - Page 2 Empty Re: Driving, the bane of my existence... Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:43 pm

Anonymous

I would really like to know who designs the new lots at malls 3 way stops when most Wpgers don't know how. Hell they have trouble reading never mind where is the brake .

30Driving, the bane of my existence... - Page 2 Empty Re: Driving, the bane of my existence... Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:03 am

Electrician

Electrician
general-contributor
general-contributor

3 way and 4 way stops...
Imagine putting cameras over these intersections...
You go, no you go, then I'll go, wait, it wasn't your turn...

31Driving, the bane of my existence... - Page 2 Empty Re: Driving, the bane of my existence... Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:46 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

At three and four way stops I always let the other guy go. That way we avoid the dance. But yeah, these three way intersections in malls are about as stuuuupid as it gets.

32Driving, the bane of my existence... - Page 2 Empty Re: Driving, the bane of my existence... Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:10 am

sun_wukong

sun_wukong

ANY intersection bugs me. It is people that do not follow the freaking manual that cause the dance. It is a simple equation!

At a 4 way stop, if everywhere arrives at the same time then the guy with the largest displacement goes first! The other cars will gesture with a middle finger as a way of acknowledging this dudes 'manliness'.

I have learned not to do the dance anymore by either:

a) resorting to the side walk, people tend to get out of a cars way on a sidewalk, or
b) pretending I do not see the other traffic, slowly proceed and hope they stop.

33Driving, the bane of my existence... - Page 2 Empty Re: Driving, the bane of my existence... Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:34 pm

incognito

incognito
contributor plus
contributor plus

I drive really slow in the ultrafast lane
While people behind me are going insane

I'm an asshole (He's an asshole, what an asshole)
I'm an asshole (He's an asshole, such an asshole)

I use public toilets and piss on the seat
I walk around in the summertime saying, "How about this heat?"

I'm an asshole (He's the world's biggest asshole)

Sometimes I park in handicapped spaces
While handicapped people make handicapped faces

I'm an asshole (He's a real fricking asshole)

Dennis Leary song

34Driving, the bane of my existence... - Page 2 Empty Re: Driving, the bane of my existence... Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:37 pm

Electrician

Electrician
general-contributor
general-contributor

Naughty-naughty!
It's not Monday or Friday today...
Now censor/delete the song until tomorrow.
Or else we'll all get jealous. Mad

35Driving, the bane of my existence... - Page 2 Empty Re: Driving, the bane of my existence... Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:40 pm

incognito

incognito
contributor plus
contributor plus

Naughty Naughty is a John Parr song.

36Driving, the bane of my existence... - Page 2 Empty Re: Driving, the bane of my existence... Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:41 pm

Electrician

Electrician
general-contributor
general-contributor

Faraday is on Parr.

37Driving, the bane of my existence... - Page 2 Empty Re: Driving, the bane of my existence... Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:17 pm

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I have noticed a huge increase , for the better , with Winnipeg drivers, except the guy that picks me up to get to work, drives at 50KM down Portage Avenue in the left lane. He doesn't notice the 12 cars zipping past him each day, except when they cut into his lane.

http://www.elansofas.com

38Driving, the bane of my existence... - Page 2 Empty Re: Driving, the bane of my existence... Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:25 pm

tick

tick
contributor plus
contributor plus

heh heh heh.
i got me some horsepower.
if the battery works I be gonna cruise wellington and tie up saturnday rush hour.

39Driving, the bane of my existence... - Page 2 Empty Re: Driving, the bane of my existence... Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:42 pm

Riverman

Riverman

AGEsAces wrote:My understanding of the road rules is that they have to have headlights, a license plate, and tail lights in order to be legal on the road.

Nope, heavy equipment has as much right to use the road as you do. They all have lights but they don't need a plate, only a slow moving vehicle emblem.

Can't get somewhere on time? Leave earlier. Want to get respect and courtesy on the streets? Drive an unmarked police car. :party 005:

40Driving, the bane of my existence... - Page 2 Empty Re: Driving, the bane of my existence... Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:27 pm

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Nah, do like some do in Jo'burg.....flame throwers under their beemer.....cool.

http://www.granhotelflores.blogspot.com

41Driving, the bane of my existence... - Page 2 Empty Re: Driving, the bane of my existence... Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:07 pm

Triniman

Triniman
general-contributor
general-contributor

I hate it when peeps drive 20km below the speed limit when there's no reason to do so!

42Driving, the bane of my existence... - Page 2 Empty Re: Driving, the bane of my existence... Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:10 pm

SMW

SMW
major-contributor
major-contributor

Triniman wrote:I hate it when peeps drive 20km below the speed limit when there's no reason to do so!

I hate it when people come to a near-complete stop to make turn when there's no reason to do so!

http://www.conceitedjerk.com

43Driving, the bane of my existence... - Page 2 Empty Re: Driving, the bane of my existence... Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:12 pm

Triniman

Triniman
general-contributor
general-contributor

SMW wrote:
Triniman wrote:I hate it when peeps drive 20km below the speed limit when there's no reason to do so!

I hate it when people come to a near-complete stop to make turn when there's no reason to do so!

Damn you, Airt! You're the guy who's been following me! Now, please excuse me whilst I decrease my tin foil hat.

44Driving, the bane of my existence... - Page 2 Empty Re: Driving, the bane of my existence... Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:13 pm

SMW

SMW
major-contributor
major-contributor

Well, technically it's the bus driver following you... I just happened to be sitting next to him!

45Driving, the bane of my existence... - Page 2 Empty Re: Driving, the bane of my existence... Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:50 pm

cherenkov

cherenkov
contributor plus
contributor plus

I hate it when people slow down to make a turn from the middle lane, instead of moving into the curb lane and then slowing down.

http://anybody-want-a-peanut.blogspot.com/

46Driving, the bane of my existence... - Page 2 Empty Re: Driving, the bane of my existence... Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:55 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

cherenkov wrote:I hate it when people slow down to make a turn from the middle lane, instead of moving into the curb lane and then slowing down.

thats because of the god damn cyclists!

47Driving, the bane of my existence... - Page 2 Empty Re: Driving, the bane of my existence... Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:56 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

SMW wrote:Well, technically it's the bus driver following you... I just happened to be sitting next to him!

you sit on the steps?

48Driving, the bane of my existence... - Page 2 Empty Re: Driving, the bane of my existence... Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:07 pm

SMW

SMW
major-contributor
major-contributor

Only if all the good seats are taken!

49Driving, the bane of my existence... - Page 2 Empty Re: Driving, the bane of my existence... Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:13 pm

holly golightly

holly golightly
major-contributor
major-contributor

Deank wrote:
cherenkov wrote:I hate it when people slow down to make a turn from the middle lane, instead of moving into the curb lane and then slowing down.

thats because of the god damn cyclists!
No, it's because they think their compact car is an 18 wheeler that needs 2 lanes to make a turn. Most annoying when you see them in th curb lane and they pull half way into the middle lane to make the right hand turn.

50Driving, the bane of my existence... - Page 2 Empty Re: Driving, the bane of my existence... Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:22 pm

SMW

SMW
major-contributor
major-contributor

One thing that used to annoy me (back when I still drove) was when people gave parked cars a 20-foot berth...

51Driving, the bane of my existence... - Page 2 Empty Re: Driving, the bane of my existence... Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:22 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

oh man those people that treat their car/truck/van like a freakin 18 wheeler really piss me off. Its so frustrating and so dangerous.

uggh.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum