the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

That jubilee shooting

+10
Triniman
rosencrentz
egomaniac
incognito
FlyingRat
LivingDead
grumpy old man
AGEsAces
Freeman
Deank
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51That jubilee shooting - Page 3 Empty Re: That jubilee shooting Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:07 am

Deank

contributor eminence
contributor eminence

just think how much easier it would make all court cases...just think how much easier the Taman case would have been, just think how many of these inquiries about wrongful death at the hands of an officer would never have needed to happen.

oh.. and disconnecting your mike for any reason, other then going off duty? Automatic termination from the force without a severence package and a 6 month jail term.

Dont get me wrong. I am not bashing the police on this one. I just see it as a drop dead easy way to proove that most cops are out there following the rules, doing their job properly and are constantly frustrated by not being able to proove certain aspects of their cases against criminal assholes.. and if along the way we happen to clean the crap out of the police forces, the crap that gives cops a bad name, how can this possibly be a bad thing?

52That jubilee shooting - Page 3 Empty Re: That jubilee shooting Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:09 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

"With technology today...they could just put cameras on the officers themselves...and then they can record wherever the officer goes and what happens when he gets there."

I agree.. but we gotta think baby steps Smile

and as to recording.. make it all digital and always on.. its not like cops first thing to remember when attempting to stop a criminal should be... turn the camera/mike on. In the times they forget, asshole judges would very quickly start using that as a reason to let the guy go scotfree.

53That jubilee shooting - Page 3 Empty Re: That jubilee shooting Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:14 am

Anonymous

Semms like a win-win situation to me. (gawd I hate that cliche...)

54That jubilee shooting - Page 3 Empty Re: That jubilee shooting Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:18 pm

Anonymous

Funny how most have a problem with their selves being taped on camara but the cops no prblem with it . People lighten up they are not the enemy the drug dealer down the street is.

55That jubilee shooting - Page 3 Empty Re: That jubilee shooting Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:06 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Pavolo read the comments. Its not about catching the cops doing something wrong. In fact unless a specific formal complaint was brought on them the tapes would not ever be seen by anyone. Not even thier supervisor. Think of how much easier it would make thier job when all they need do is show the tape and the criminals guilt was not in doubt. Think about how many LERA complaints would vanish overnight after a simple review of the tapes showing the cops did nothing wrong. Think how many of these stupid ass review we would not have to deal with. And if after all those benefits we also get the benefit of actually being able to see proof of a cop doing something wrong after a LERA complaint, well then thats a good thing too as our cops cant have their behaviour corrected if no one tells them they are doing wrong.

56That jubilee shooting - Page 3 Empty Re: That jubilee shooting Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:12 pm

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I am still trying to make sense out of quote number 15, sitting through many "trails".Is this the type of trails that my wife takes the dogs out for the daily walk out at the forest she goes to?

http://www.elansofas.com

57That jubilee shooting - Page 3 Empty Re: That jubilee shooting Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:14 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

that it does Rosie...

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

WINNIPEG - A Winnipeg man was sentenced to 14 years in prison Tuesday for opening fire on police officers who were executing a search warrant at his home, leaving three injured.

Daniell Anderson, 24, was not given any credit for pre-trial custody, but will be eligible for parole after serving one-third of his sentence.

The Crown had been seeking a 20-year sentence and a requirement that Anderson serve at least half before he can apply for early release. Queen's Bench Justice Doug Abra called their position ``excessive.''

Abra also said Anderson's request for a seven-year sentence was too lenient.

Anderson was found guilty last year of attempting to kill Const. Donald Murray and discharging a firearm with intent to injure Const. Curtis Penner. He was not found guilty of trying to kill Penner. A third officer - Const. Jeremy Cull - was injured after a police bullet ricocheted and hit him.

The officers were attacked while executing a search warrant at Anderson's home in December 2006. Anderson claimed he was acting in self-defence because he mistakenly believed armed intruders were coming after him. He said he was stunned to later learn the victims were police officers.

Several officers involved in the raid testified they repeatedly identified themselves upon entering the home. But Anderson told court he never heard the warnings because he had a loud movie playing on surround sound, and his ears were ringing from the initial shotgun blasts.

Anderson now has 30 days to file an appeal of his conviction and/or sentence.

© Copyright (c) Canwest News Service

59That jubilee shooting - Page 3 Empty Re: That jubilee shooting Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:58 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Seems like a reasonable sentence. Not a slap on the wrist. And since dude spent very little time in custody he'll spend a goodly chunk of his sentence.

60That jubilee shooting - Page 3 Empty Re: That jubilee shooting Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:16 pm

Triniman

Triniman
general-contributor
general-contributor

Nope, they should change the laws so this guy could be fast-tracked towards an execution.

61That jubilee shooting - Page 3 Empty Re: That jubilee shooting Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:19 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Death sentence?

62That jubilee shooting - Page 3 Empty Re: That jubilee shooting Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:24 pm

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

And what of the cop who was drunk and smashed into that woman killing her......should he be up for execution too?

http://www.granhotelflores.blogspot.com

63That jubilee shooting - Page 3 Empty Re: That jubilee shooting Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:31 pm

Triniman

Triniman
general-contributor
general-contributor

Miz point wrote:And what of the cop who was drunk and smashed into that woman killing her......should he be up for execution too?

Damn straight. Kill the bastard.

64That jubilee shooting - Page 3 Empty Re: That jubilee shooting Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:39 pm

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Interesting......I have mixed feelings regarding capital punishment.......

http://www.granhotelflores.blogspot.com

65That jubilee shooting - Page 3 Empty Re: That jubilee shooting Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:47 pm

Triniman

Triniman
general-contributor
general-contributor

Miz point wrote:Interesting......I have mixed feelings regarding capital punishment.......

I used to. Not anymore.

66That jubilee shooting - Page 3 Empty Re: That jubilee shooting Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:05 pm

Anonymous

grumpy old man wrote:Seems like a reasonable sentence. Not a slap on the wrist. And since dude spent very little time in custody he'll spend a goodly chunk of his sentence.

Cops say he could be out in 8 on good behaviour .

67That jubilee shooting - Page 3 Empty Re: That jubilee shooting Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:24 pm

winnipegceilingcat

winnipegceilingcat

Deank wrote:"With technology today...they could just put cameras on the officers themselves...and then they can record wherever the officer goes and what happens when he gets there."

I agree.. but we gotta think baby steps Smile

and as to recording.. make it all digital and always on.. its not like cops first thing to remember when attempting to stop a criminal should be... turn the camera/mike on. In the times they forget, a$$hole judges would very quickly start using that as a reason to let the guy go scotfree.

i read about this stuff a while ago, and thought i'd dig it up just for you Deank Smile

check it out..
Gun Mounted Camera: http://pistolcam.com/

Cop mounted camera taser system: http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/military_law/4271213.html

68That jubilee shooting - Page 3 Empty Re: That jubilee shooting Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:33 pm

AdamX

AdamX
contributor
contributor

im not against the idea of cameras recording while on duty, they just need to come up with a quality product that is affordable to the average police department. vehicles, guns, training equipment, ballistic vests, the really important stuff is all extremely expensive.

the pistol cam i dont think would work very well because for one, its only working when the gun is out and 2, the gunpoint view is not going to be nice and still, it will be moving around and probably not catch a whole lot of quality footage.

the other one is a bit better, but if its only secured by a hook around the ear, i can see that falling right off in fight.

they need one that attaches to the shoulder of the ballistic vest or something so that it can be nice and secure.

http://www.cakefarter.com

69That jubilee shooting - Page 3 Empty Re: That jubilee shooting Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:43 pm

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Watching this guy on TV and one word comes to mind...punk. He is going ot have a rough time, be it 8 or 14 years. He looks like a powder puff who is going to be someone's b1tch in no time.

70That jubilee shooting - Page 3 Empty Re: That jubilee shooting Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:50 pm

Anonymous

There is someone waiting for him inside , so the story go,es.

71That jubilee shooting - Page 3 Empty Re: That jubilee shooting Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:07 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Why would anybody inside have it out for him? You'd think he'd be their hero?

72That jubilee shooting - Page 3 Empty Re: That jubilee shooting Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:45 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

grumpy old man wrote:Why would anybody inside have it out for him? You'd think he'd be their hero?

because he owes more then a little bit of money to his suppliers..supposedly

73That jubilee shooting - Page 3 Empty Re: That jubilee shooting Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:04 pm

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Doing my best Alex/Hayley/Colm impersonation..."please provide a link Deank"!!!

74That jubilee shooting - Page 3 Empty Re: That jubilee shooting Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:17 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Goth_chic wrote:Doing my best Alex/Hayley/Colm impersonation..."please provide a link Deank"!!!

LOL... cant link to people who tell me stories Smile

It was just something I heard when talking to someone who MIGHT actually know... MIGHT actually be spewing bullshit too... but it is a good logical reason for people waiting for him.

75That jubilee shooting - Page 3 Empty Re: That jubilee shooting Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:02 pm

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I think that he just looks like a powder puff, and he won't have Mommy and Daddy looking out for him.

76That jubilee shooting - Page 3 Empty Re: That jubilee shooting Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:19 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Freeman wrote:I think that he just looks like a powder puff, and he won't have Mommy and Daddy looking out for him.

heh.. wont have too many law enforcement/jail guard officers going out of their way to help him either eh?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum