the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

That jubilee shooting

+10
Triniman
rosencrentz
egomaniac
incognito
FlyingRat
LivingDead
grumpy old man
AGEsAces
Freeman
Deank
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1That jubilee shooting Empty That jubilee shooting Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:31 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

remember that shooting on Jubilee last year?

cops bust in to nail a drug dealer.

Two get shot by him and they shoot one of their own... and the bad guy.

"Breuer was involved in the arrest of Anderson. The officer claims Anderson struggled violently and had to be restrained with a series of punches to the head and upper body.

"He was screaming, yelling, flailing. My only goal at that time was to secure the accused and stop the threat," he said. "

No really.. he was screaming and yelling and flailing? I wonder if that had anything to do with being shot?

sheesh..

2That jubilee shooting Empty Re: That jubilee shooting Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:31 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

3That jubilee shooting Empty Re: That jubilee shooting Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:42 pm

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Heaven forbid that the cops shot the guy. They enter the house, announce themselves as police, the guy hides in the john, where he just happens to have a gun (Doesn't everyone?), so he shoots through the door at the cops, then gets pissed when the shoot back and then tries to fight them off.
Hmmm, how do you spell credible?

4That jubilee shooting Empty Re: That jubilee shooting Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:44 pm

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

The only problem with this story is that the cops are a bad shot.

If they had actually hit what they were supposed to...there would be no wrestling with the guy, or him crying and whining on the floor.

http://www.photage.ca

5That jubilee shooting Empty Re: That jubilee shooting Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:46 pm

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

And the picture in the paper shows him walking out of court with his Daddy. Where was Daddy when little Johnny was shooting it out with the cops?

6That jubilee shooting Empty Re: That jubilee shooting Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:57 pm

Anonymous

...and we know for sure that the cops announced themselves how? Because they said they did?

With the way the cops seem to be unable to recall things, I wonder if they can be trusted to actually remember what went on that night.

Just sayin'....

7That jubilee shooting Empty Re: That jubilee shooting Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:59 pm

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

So, if you're in the crapper, and you hear someone in the hallway, is your first instinct to start shooting?

I enjoy my privacy as much as the next guy, but jeez...

8That jubilee shooting Empty Re: That jubilee shooting Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:00 pm

Anonymous

Heh heh...some guys take their dumps way too seriously.

9That jubilee shooting Empty Re: That jubilee shooting Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:35 pm

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Maybe next time he should just strike a match.

10That jubilee shooting Empty Re: That jubilee shooting Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:02 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

What J2F said. I'm in the can and all I hear is yelling and screaming. Maybe they said police. Maybe not. And because I'm a bad guy I do keep a gun there. Start banging on the bathroom door and maybe I do shoot first.

I'm not sure why the police need to enter the house to begin with. Phone the bad guy. Tell them the police are outside their door and give them 60 seconds to exit.

Then and only then take the risk of entering. Oh, and tape everything. Memory today is not what it used to be.

11That jubilee shooting Empty Re: That jubilee shooting Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:47 pm

LivingDead

LivingDead
general-contributor
general-contributor

Freeman wrote:So, if you're in the crapper, and you hear someone in the hallway, is your first instinct to start shooting?

I enjoy my privacy as much as the next guy, but jeez...

I don't know about you guys, but I don't keep my hunting rifle/shotgun/pistol in the bathroom. They are locked up with trigger locks inside a locked rifle safe, and the ammo is locked up in a different safe in a different part of the house. It is the law to keep your firearms locked up, with ammo locked up in a different location than your weapons.

So this kid, the alleged dope dealer, is sitting on the potty with his firearm? What does that tell you about this kid? Paranoid? I wonder why?

Cops bust in and he starts shooting, what if it was his dad kicking in the door because he lost his keys? He might have shot and killed his own father.

Quite a few old friends of mine are avid hunters and all own hand guns, They don't seem to carry weapons around the house.

If I was one of those police officers, that kid would have been shot center mass, and we all know the results of that.

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/youare

12That jubilee shooting Empty Re: That jubilee shooting Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:51 pm

LivingDead

LivingDead
general-contributor
general-contributor

grumpy old man wrote:What J2F said. I'm in the can and all I hear is yelling and screaming. Maybe they said police. Maybe not. And because I'm a bad guy I do keep a gun there. Start banging on the bathroom door and maybe I do shoot first.

I'm not sure why the police need to enter the house to begin with. Phone the bad guy. Tell them the police are outside their door and give them 60 seconds to exit.

Then and only then take the risk of entering. Oh, and tape everything. Memory today is not what it used to be.

At the following Inquiry after his death, I'd say.

"I feared for my life and the lives of my fellow officers, I heard shots, I saw a gun and returned fire center mass to neutralize the threat.

There would be no "I don't recall" BS

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/youare

13That jubilee shooting Empty Re: That jubilee shooting Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:49 pm

Anonymous

God this punk is lucky he is not dead and i for one support the police, kid if you want to play do the time and the cost and quit whining you guilty piece of crap.

14That jubilee shooting Empty Re: That jubilee shooting Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:17 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Speak your mind Pavolo. Don't beat around the bushes.

15That jubilee shooting Empty Re: That jubilee shooting Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:42 pm

Anonymous

Why beat Ive sat thru many trails in my day and seen to many punks start crying to get the sympathy of the courts and social workers. Sad part is to many times it works this boy is , was ,and known to police they had taken the time to get to know there victim.
They don't just walk in and get a warrant no problem , they have to show a fair bit of cause to a judge . I find it funny how people get mad at crime , but are critical of the police when they take it down . I talk not of you grumpy but of all the bleeding hearts who have to have justification to satisfy there feelings of quilt about it .
Call it pro cop I call it pro justice no more excuses no more bs just a price pay and shut up. And I have never known anyone who has a gun in the can , so he was pretty pariniod which means some body will feel sorry for him as he was under stress at the time . Gee wonder what the cops were under .

16That jubilee shooting Empty Re: That jubilee shooting Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:44 pm

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

Pavolo wrote:Why beat Ive sat thru many trails in my day and seen to many punks start crying to get the sympathy of the courts and social workers. Sad part is to many times it works this boy is , was ,and known to police they had taken the time to get to know there victim.
They don't just walk in and get a warrant no problem , they have to show a fair bit of cause to a judge . I find it funny how people get mad at crime , but are critical of the police when they take it down . I talk not of you grumpy but of all the bleeding hearts who have to have justification to satisfy there feelings of quilt about it .
Call it pro cop I call it pro justice no more excuses no more bs just a price pay and shut up. And I have never known anyone who has a gun in the can , so he was pretty pariniod which means some body will feel sorry for him as he was under stress at the time . Gee wonder what the cops were under .
inadequate supervision? ;-)

17That jubilee shooting Empty Re: That jubilee shooting Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:49 pm

Anonymous

Right that is good do you know what is involved in a take down there is lots of supervision . So the crap doe.s not get hurt or abused as they always cry just like the prison there all innocent .

18That jubilee shooting Empty Re: That jubilee shooting Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:53 pm

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

just yanking your chain, pav... I don't have any doubts about the supervision of our police force.

19That jubilee shooting Empty Re: That jubilee shooting Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:10 pm

Anonymous

Thank god I thought you had been around someone else to long and I think you know who from the dark side . Laughing

20That jubilee shooting Empty Re: That jubilee shooting Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:11 pm

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

nope, haven't seen him

21That jubilee shooting Empty Re: That jubilee shooting Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:25 am

Anonymous

Moral of this thread never stand in front of bathroom door while waiting to crap.

22That jubilee shooting Empty Re: That jubilee shooting Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:34 am

Anonymous

Non of this would have happened if pot was legal.

23That jubilee shooting Empty Re: That jubilee shooting Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:26 am

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

None of this would have happened if the guy took a newspaper to the crapper instead of a gun.

24That jubilee shooting Empty Re: That jubilee shooting Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:45 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

none of this would have happened if the police used better tactics to go into the house.

Does a minor pot player like this dude really deserve such a crazy invasion tactic? What would the guy have gotten if he had not shot the cops? Maybe 6 months in jail.. if that? Sheesh they dont do crap like this for murderers..

25That jubilee shooting Empty Re: That jubilee shooting Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:24 am

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Deank wrote:
Does a minor pot player like this dude really deserve such a crazy invasion tactic?
The answer to the question is obviously not...they should have gone in with more force, or perhaps called ahead so he could either destroy any evidence, or arm himself better to repel the "invaders".
The cops had a warrant, they had the right to enter, the shithead thought he was a toughguy, let him pay the price.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum