the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

What cable TV servise do you recommend?

+5
sputnik
Goth_chic
Stonekiller
SMW
grumpy old man
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What cable TV servise do you recommend? Empty What cable TV servise do you recommend? Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:56 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

If you had to choose between MTS TV and Shaw TV which would you choose and why? Satellite is not an option.

I currently use Shaw TV and internet service. I am considering changing.

Anonymous

We have everything through MTS and are happy.

SMW

SMW
major-contributor
major-contributor

I have Shaw for digital cable TV and internet. Happy with both, but am planning to get rid of our cable TV (watching at most an hour a week doesn't justify the expense).

http://www.conceitedjerk.com

Stonekiller

Stonekiller
contributor
contributor

I have shaw for my internet, tv, and phone. I don't watch a lot of tv, however to get the channels I do watch I get the whole bundle minus the movie channels. I have the 50Mb internet, and never have any issues.

I won't go with MTS for Tv or Internet, unless MTS runs fiber to my house.

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I am with Shaw and would NEVER go back to MTS. I am happy with my shaw experience, it is refreshing to have internet and email that actually work.

sputnik

sputnik
contributor plus
contributor plus

Shaw

- 100 Mbps Internet
- Home Phone w/ 4c min LD
- TV with all HD channels ("Best of HD" package)

$145/month

Why would I bother with MTS?

Triniman

Triniman
general-contributor
general-contributor

I with Shaw. I'm sure MTS is also good but I don't see any reason to switch. I'd probably have the same opinion if I was a happy MTS tv customer, though.

USApegger

USApegger
contributor
contributor

I am with MTS, internet, phone, cell and TV

I love the HD PVR and I get to rent it, don't have to buy it. One PVR, can be accessed by three TV's

I am in a condo, our bulk is Shaw but we negotiated an opt out clause to a max of 25 units. I am glad that I was able to.Our contract is coming up for renenwal with Shaw and from the comment I hear, looks like the owners will be wanting MTS

Anonymous

Does Shaw have HD PVR?

I too love this feature.

10What cable TV servise do you recommend? Empty Re: What cable TV servise do you recommend? Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:32 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

yes

11What cable TV servise do you recommend? Empty Re: What cable TV servise do you recommend? Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:44 am

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

I had MTS for a number of years.
When they started changing their e-mail policy...that now you have to use Microsoft's Hotmail accounts...I switched to Shaw.

Add to that some other issues with MTS' billing policies...it was well worth the switch.

If you're having issues with Shaw (or just looking for better pricing), ask them about their $99 package...internet, phone, and an HD Package including more channels than listed on their website standard packages.

http://www.photage.ca

12What cable TV servise do you recommend? Empty Re: What cable TV servise do you recommend? Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:45 pm

Stonekiller

Stonekiller
contributor
contributor

MTS doesn't use hotmail, it uses Microsoft Exchange Web Services which is very different than hotmail. Though it does use Windows Live to authenticate, which is standard for that service. I've setup the bridgehead servers that linked our network with the Hosted Exchange, its pretty slick. Honestly though I have all my email going to my Outlook client on my desktop and seldom use webmail.

I think I have to double check what Internet speeds I have cause Sput's bill is the same as mine, maybe I have 100Mb, pretty sure I don't though. Now I have to upgrade.

13What cable TV servise do you recommend? Empty Re: What cable TV servise do you recommend? Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:52 pm

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

Windows Live, Hotmail...it's all the same.
Windows Live is just the paid version of the "free" Hotmail service.

Either way, it's a pain in the butt.
And...it was when they were first launching it...so it was buggy, and they were trying to force too many requirements down my throat.

Things like:
I could not send to more than 10 people without first logging into the webmail version (not my Outlook) to "authenticate" my account. A joke...and annoying...so basically I couldn't forward jokes on to friends & family, unless I did it in batches.

I could not send more than "X" number of e-mails per day. If I remember correctly, it was set at 100. Which again, is ridiculous. I could understand if my AVERAGE e-mail history had me bombarding out 100 e-mails per day...but quite honestly, I was lucky to hit 100 per month...but it shouldn't matter anyway.

And...again at the time...the file-size limits were ridiculously small. I got more storage space and larger file-size limits using my FREE Yahoo account, then MTS was offering with my PAID service.

Finally was the e-mail name change. I don't consider MTS as "mine"...never would...so being forced to use "MYmts.net" was insulting. My provider was not "MYmts"...I did not write my cheques to "MYmts"...so why would I want to be a part of something that was forcing me.

Altogether, I won't use MTS anymore. I even changed my cell phones away from MTS. They aren't worth the hassle.

http://www.photage.ca

USApegger

USApegger
contributor
contributor

AGEsAces wrote:Windows Live, Hotmail...it's all the same.
Windows Live is just the paid version of the "free" Hotmail service.

Either way, it's a pain in the butt.
And...it was when they were first launching it...so it was buggy, and they were trying to force too many requirements down my throat.

Things like:
I could not send to more than 10 people without first logging into the webmail version (not my Outlook) to "authenticate" my account. A joke...and annoying...so basically I couldn't forward jokes on to friends & family, unless I did it in batches.

I could not send more than "X" number of e-mails per day. If I remember correctly, it was set at 100. Which again, is ridiculous. I could understand if my AVERAGE e-mail history had me bombarding out 100 e-mails per day...but quite honestly, I was lucky to hit 100 per month...but it shouldn't matter anyway.

And...again at the time...the file-size limits were ridiculously small. I got more storage space and larger file-size limits using my FREE Yahoo account, then MTS was offering with my PAID service.

Finally was the e-mail name change. I don't consider MTS as "mine"...never would...so being forced to use "MYmts.net" was insulting. My provider was not "MYmts"...I did not write my cheques to "MYmts"...so why would I want to be a part of something that was forcing me.

Altogether, I won't use MTS anymore. I even changed my cell phones away from MTS. They aren't worth the hassle.

I did not experience any of that when they changed over.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum