the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stadium delayed because of weather???

+4
JT Estoban
grumpy old man
USApegger
Deank
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Stadium delayed because of weather??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Stadium delayed because of weather??? Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:06 pm

Deank

contributor eminence
contributor eminence

umm.. the reason the stadium is delayed is because of wind...wind usually does blow it sideways. and as I found working at Portage and Main in trizec building. Wind often makes it rain upwards in Winnipeg as well.

27Stadium delayed because of weather??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Stadium delayed because of weather??? Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:16 am

cherenkov

cherenkov
contributor plus
contributor plus

Deank wrote:a little old russian scientist told me ...
Don't trust Russian scientists. Especially little old ones.

http://anybody-want-a-peanut.blogspot.com/

28Stadium delayed because of weather??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Stadium delayed because of weather??? Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:23 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

LOL

29Stadium delayed because of weather??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Stadium delayed because of weather??? Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:04 pm

Triniman

Triniman
general-contributor
general-contributor

I really look forward to seeing some big shows there someday. Springsteen, Dave Mathews Band, Madonna, perhaps even Metallica with Slayer and Megedeth, Stones and Paul McCartney.

30Stadium delayed because of weather??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Stadium delayed because of weather??? Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:12 pm

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Madonna? Wow Triniman I didn't realize you were a fan. Wink

31Stadium delayed because of weather??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Stadium delayed because of weather??? Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:14 pm

Triniman

Triniman
general-contributor
general-contributor

Well, I might go. She has a lot of songs that I used to like, around 20 years ago.

32Stadium delayed because of weather??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Stadium delayed because of weather??? Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:39 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Should we start a thread whereby we denigrate every single aspect of the stadium due to its' white elephant status, tax payer cash pit and Asper involvement? Or is it okay that our hard earned taxes are applied to THIS facility?

What is the difference between this white elephant and other Winnipeg white elephants?

33Stadium delayed because of weather??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Stadium delayed because of weather??? Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:52 pm

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

If the CMHR starts booking world class artists then I may change my mind. LOL

34Stadium delayed because of weather??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Stadium delayed because of weather??? Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:10 pm

Triniman

Triniman
general-contributor
general-contributor

grumpy old man wrote:What is the difference between this white elephant and other Winnipeg white elephants?

Okay, since you asked....

It's responsible to lifecycle infrastructure that has proven over time to be valuable to society.

It's careless and just plain wrong to force a massive, completely unnecessary white elephant self-serving vanity project on taxpayers without even bothering to hold a plebiscite. If the 'yea' sides wins the plebiscite, so be it.

35Stadium delayed because of weather??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Stadium delayed because of weather??? Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:59 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Meh. I expected a scurrilous rationalization. Handsomely delivered I might add.

BOTH facilities are completely unnecessary. As is a zoo. And a planetarium. And a concert hall. And an art gallery.

Suggesting a "football stadium" as proven "valuable to society" over time and comparing it to something that did not previously exist is utter self-serving tripe.

It's equally careless and just plain wrong to force a massive, completely unnecessary white elephant football stadium on taxpayers, also without even bothering to hold a plebiscite.

I guess as long as you can enjoy some big shows there then $200 million of taxpayers money is a fine use of our taxes.

36Stadium delayed because of weather??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Stadium delayed because of weather??? Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:58 am

Anonymous

How about we fix our sewer system?

How about we fix our water system?

How about we fix our roads?

How about we feed our hungry as an afterthought?

37Stadium delayed because of weather??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Stadium delayed because of weather??? Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:59 am

Anonymous

Any left over.....build a stadium.

...any left over from that....build a monument to me.

38Stadium delayed because of weather??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Stadium delayed because of weather??? Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:55 am

Triniman

Triniman
general-contributor
general-contributor

grumpy old man wrote:Meh. I expected a scurrilous rationalization. Handsomely delivered I might add.

BOTH facilities are completely unnecessary. As is a zoo. And a planetarium. And a concert hall. And an art gallery.

Suggesting a "football stadium" as proven "valuable to society" over time and comparing it to something that did not previously exist is utter self-serving tripe.

It's equally careless and just plain wrong to force a massive, completely unnecessary white elephant football stadium on taxpayers, also without even bothering to hold a plebiscite.

I guess as long as you can enjoy some big shows there then $200 million of taxpayers money is a fine use of our taxes.

I do see your point, but I don't agree totally. To agree would mean that we should build more unneccessary projects and decide decades later whether or not to lifecycle them or shut them down. I say society can't afford to do that anymore and government isn't moving in that direction. The new stadium? Totally necessary and clearly wanted. My two cents. No monument to JTF!

39Stadium delayed because of weather??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Stadium delayed because of weather??? Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:59 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

A stadium could and SHOULD be built to last over 150 years.

40Stadium delayed because of weather??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Stadium delayed because of weather??? Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:01 am

Triniman

Triniman
general-contributor
general-contributor

Bring back the trough!

41Stadium delayed because of weather??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Stadium delayed because of weather??? Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:32 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

trough or not. Designing and building stadiums to only last until such time as the mortgage is paid off is ridiculous.

42Stadium delayed because of weather??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Stadium delayed because of weather??? Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:24 pm

Triniman

Triniman
general-contributor
general-contributor

The new one is supposed to last 250 years. Of course, we won't be around to verify...

43Stadium delayed because of weather??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Stadium delayed because of weather??? Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:41 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

umm..50 years.. not 250

44Stadium delayed because of weather??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Stadium delayed because of weather??? Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:46 pm

Anonymous

250 football years is 50 regular years...it's like the dog thing. Wink

45Stadium delayed because of weather??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Stadium delayed because of weather??? Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:09 pm

Triniman

Triniman
general-contributor
general-contributor

What JTF said. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum